Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Rouge Holiday event 2018 - show us what you got!

Hi everyone! As we all head out to the Holiday preview event in-store for Rouge members today our lovely admin @KatieBT asked that we show her, and the community, what we got. So if you have stories to share about your store experience (hopefully all good), pictures of swatches, pictures of a make over you received, or (everyone's favorite) pictures of a haul post it here! Katie was so nice to post very late into the night pictures from the Sephora Holiday event that she attended in NY with all the newest launches so let's return the favor! I can't wait to see what everyone got, and will share as well. Happy shopping!!

Image result for ELF gif

Re: The Rouge Holiday event 2018 - show us what you got!

I was really surprised (and very happy) that my store got that and the Natsha Denona palettes in. I hope this means we'll be getting more high-end/coveted items at my local store.

I hope so, @niki172!  I noticed my store also had a larger Natasha Denona section than they used to!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

See I love when we get expanded sections of the more coveted items @Tamara76. I am afraid that we may lose our Dior section though as it looked pretty paltry today as I was looking to see if they had the new lipsticks out on the floor or not.

Thank you so much for these photos! My store was missing many of these products and sets so it’s fun to be able to see them! 

You picked up some great products @niki172! Which Summer Fridays mask did you get a sample of? I’ve been eager to try both ☺️

@bakeamuffin they gave me both masks so you'll know what I'll be trying out the next two Sunday nights :D.  The SA told me that the Overtime mask is really good if you have dry skin so fingers crossed that it works as my skin could use some help at the moment.

That was so generous of them! 

The overtime mask sounds perfect, I hope it works well for you @niki172! Please post a review in the masking thread 🙏🏻 I’d love to know your thoughts once you try them 😄 

@bakeamuffin I will do so. The mask I've been using for the last few weeks that I love is the Elemis Thousand Flower mask. It's such a neat texture and feeling that leaves my skin looking really good.

Chinook Centre SephoraChinook Centre SephoraThis morning was such a blast! I arrived at 8:30 to join a small lineup of other eager Rouge shoppers. The doors were opened and we were greeted with a lively and lovely welcome from two Cast Members.  Christmas music was playing (YEESS!!) and they had a table of pastries, Coffee, and water bottles. My friend and I filled up and went on to look at the holiday releases!

Shoutout to Chinook Centre SEPHORA for having these for the early morning shoppers ❤️Shoutout to Chinook Centre SEPHORA for having these for the early morning shoppers ❤️

One of the first things I noticed was that it was significantly less crowded than a previous Rouge event that i attended, it was easy to look at all of the products and to get help from the many cast members who were available. I’m not sure if there was less people attending or if they limited the amount of attendees but it was a very enjoyable and exclusive experience. 

0BAB8F14-BD58-46DA-AA00-0DCD27EB8690.jpeg

Spoiler
I was hoping to see the Drybar set, Stila set, the new Sephora favorities sets, and a few others, but quite a few products weren’t available yet. I’ll have to head

back after more sets are in stock! I grabbed a bunch of product photos and swatches to share 😄 

Nars studded palette, this was the only Nars studded product in stockNars studded palette, this was the only Nars studded product in stock

Nars studded swatchesNars studded swatches

Tarte Pineapple Eyeshadow SwatchesTarte Pineapple Eyeshadow Swatches

Tarte pineapple face swatchesTarte pineapple face swatches

Charlotte Tilbury bar of gold trio swatchesCharlotte Tilbury bar of gold trio swatches

Sephora collection brush setSephora collection brush set

Too Faced holiday palette shadow swatchesToo Faced holiday palette shadow swatches

Too Faced Holiday Palette face swatchesToo Faced Holiday Palette face swatches

This Becca highlighter set looks great!!This Becca highlighter set looks great!!

Benefit set and Briogeo hair-o-scopes set — I really want the Briogeo set!Benefit set and Briogeo hair-o-scopes set — I really want the Briogeo set!

The Bite lippie set that @KatieBT swatched for usThe Bite lippie set that @KatieBT swatched for us

8A27FAD0-0740-47D7-8026-A347D9698449.jpeg

Love this inspector kit by DE!Love this inspector kit by DE!

8F2883DD-31AA-47B6-A22A-22D10DCA99E4.jpeg

A2349F13-B661-4077-814B-9127BC14F238.jpeg

5C34D875-EFEA-47C0-8FD2-EAED772797C9.jpeg

F42F4A71-3BE3-42FA-B8A7-7403D1896283.jpeg

It’s not exactly new, but I couldn’t resist getting the Violet Voss Flamingo palette onceIt’s not exactly new, but I couldn’t resist getting the Violet Voss Flamingo palette onceI chose the Silver gift bag and my friend got the gold gift bag, they had the same contents ☺️ Thank you Sephora! 💋

I went at a later time and got the silver bag, but when I opened it at home there was nothing inside 😞

@bakeamuffin  Now we know where all the breakfast items went! Nice pictures and the flamingo palette looks so fun and playful.The packaging reminds me of the chiquita banana lady 🙂

Thank you @darkiceis! 😊

Hopefully with feedback snacks and drinks that are offered will be more

equal across the board, it’s not fair that some events were all out and many others were lacking lustre. 

LMAO right @darkiceis

Enjoy your new palette @bakeamuffin

Thank you @ElleElleG

@bakeamuffin Looks like a nice event! Happy you had such a fun time! 

Thank you @alexasteph! ☺️

@bakeamuffin Thanks for sharing the great pics!  It looks like it was a great event and it makes me excited to see things start to trickle into stores 🙂

@CookieGirl1 happy to share! 😄

there will be some great holiday sets this year!

I stopped and looked at the Flamingo palette this morning...

I stopped and looked at the Flamingo palette this morning too! I keep thinking about it so I am sure I will end up getting it. Let us know how you like it @bakeamuffin

Re: I stopped and looked at the Flamingo palette this morning...

I definitely will @Shelbstirr! ☺️

@bakeamuffin Wow, that looked like a really nice event!! Thanks for all the great photos 😊🙏 I’ll definitely need to pop by this Sephora the next time I’m in Calgary. It looks well-stocked and well-laid out!

There’s 4 Sephora stores here, Chinook is my favourite because it’s so well laid out! The staff are always so knowledable and ready to help, and they have a benefit brow station! Definitely check it out next time you’re in town @PinkEvergreen, and always feel free to let me know if you want a shopping buddy! ☺️🛍 

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos67
  • 556C16E4-56D8-4B03-8E53-7880F346144A.jpeg
  • The store’s lighting is horrible. But these are beautiful in person and are perfect for traveling.
  • When you walk in
  • Nothing exciting, the store did what they could with what they had to work with
  • NARS orgasmic infatuation, these swatched way better than I thought they would.
  • 4C5BD64E-8DBD-4578-948A-4FAEE1F48120.jpeg
  • 4A602EA2-8F98-446B-AA33-922746A551B5.jpeg
  • Becca Volcano Goddess - I was not prepared for this. Look at the freaking pigment! I swirled my finger a few times in the pan and then swiped ONCE! This palette far exceeded my swatching predictions and will probably end up purchasing this <3
  • 43B9E82C-D400-4426-A3B8-43E7A9BFAD7E.jpeg
  • Too Faced Dream Queen - stunning and so many glittery shades, endless sparkle for days!
  • 2426685A-5A1A-4843-B8D0-7F8902DE1FF9.jpeg
  • The gold is pretty bold but in a wearable way for people with tan plus darker skin tones. Very happy with this highlighter and will most likely also be picking this up at some point.
  • Purchases and samples that the store gave out.
  • holiday1.jpg
  • holiday2.jpg
testing