Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The PURPLE Thread. ๐Ÿ’œ

Hello lovelies! Yes yes, of course it is going to be our year, with 2018's Ultra Violet on the horizon. 

But this is more than just another fad... I'm sure I am not the only one here who knows the trends are finally just now catching up to us.

impressivemakeup.comimpressivemakeup.com

Purple people, violet visionaries, aubergine artists, Lila lovers...

• What are your holy grail shades? Palettes? Products?
  • Where do you like to purple? Nails? Lips? Eyes? Hair?
  • Which brands getting it right? 
  • Collectors... share photos of your stash with us!
  • Show off the looks you're creating!

Titling this "the purple playground" was a little excessive even for me, but... let's play!

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

pantone.compantone.com

Re: The PURPLE Thread. ๐Ÿ’œ

If you're looking for some affordable purple shadows, the Plum colorway of the Kat Von D quads that have been on sale for a while has restocked on the US side.

Plum and eggplant shades are also one of the most wearable ways to venture into wearing more color if you're mostly into neutrals... particularly if you tend to wear browns. They also really make green and hazel eyes pop!

Screenshot_20180223-082714.png

RE: The PURPLE Thread. ๐Ÿ’œ

SO excited about this color of the year! Purple is the perfect pop of color on so many skin tones. I personally have very pale skin and a plum smokey eye is the perfect bit of fun without being too dark on me. Iโ€™m in love with the Lila pallet. Itโ€™s worth every penny. I thought about buying her more nude collections but Iโ€™m so glad I went with the purple. Also the Kat Von D plum quad is a classic favorite for a matte smokey eye ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

The 500-point Lancome reward in the Bazaar has just been...

The 500-point Lancome reward in the Bazaar has just been refreshed, with a metallic ultraviolet-ish liner (Liqui-Pencil in Ampoulรฉ) in place of the previous cobalt-colored one.

Decided to embrace the purple and dyed my hair ultraviolet ๐Ÿ’œ LolIMG_1595.JPG

@melissapurple22

I had already hearted this post so I know I saw it before today, but I swear I don't remember it ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

I adore your hair! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ

Thank you very much @RGbrown i am loving the purple hair too โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

@melissapurple22 Your color looks so fun!! ๐Ÿ’œ

@melissapurple22 Your color looks so fun!! ๐Ÿ’œ

@melissapurple22 I like it! I wish my hair were light enough to dye this colour.

Also, your username is on trend this year! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now I guess I just need to wait for Pantone to announce pink or green as the colour of the year lol...

Anonymous Insider

Ultraviolet hair looks good on you @melissapurple22!  Your makeup looks great!

So here's how I ended up with a Lila palette...

A while ago I started this project of getting myself mementos/souvenirs at out-of-town Sephoras whenever I go somewhere, and a couple months ago my husband and I just took our first proper vacation in like seven years - we both travel a fair amount, but not usually together. He had never been to Las Vegas, a place I love dearly, so we went for a little over a week.

Sephora retail presence in Vegas is a huge. deal. There are five of them on the Strip alone, and they're definitely able to stock a lot of high-end things that even my larger local stores don't carry... like four feet of Pat McGrath testers, or an entire aisle of Natasha Denona. I bought and returned two other purple shadow palettes before I just went up the street to buy what I should have gotten in the first place.

It's the one big thing I brought back from our trip, and it's my token to remind me not to put off taking time off, and to use my good stuff now instead of always saving it for some mythical future special occasion.

Anonymous Insider

You have so many good takeaways from your Vegas trip @fieldsofclover ~ take time off; use your products and the Natasha Denona Lila palette!  I'm so happy you purchased it!

P.S.  LOVE your idea of picking up mementos/souvenirs at out-of-town Sephoras!  Fabulous idea!

@fieldsofclover Aww, thatโ€™s a nice memento ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™ve never wanted to go to Vegas... until now! Five Sephora stores on the strip?!? 

@PinkEvergreen Yeah there's basically an entire mall every other block now, so I treated it like a giant scavenger hunt. The Strip is a little like a giant Downtown Disney for adults, or a permanent Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

(I actually don't gamble at all... I was a hotel chef in a former career life, and since Vegas is a true hospitality town, not just a tourist town, it's one of the few places where I can properly relax without mentally doing/critiquing everyone else's jobs.)

@fieldsofclover My husband and I are non gamblers that also love Vegas.  Hospitality town is a perfect term for it, eat, drink, shop, people watch with little for the vacation planner. 

@fieldsofclover Lol, Iโ€™m not a gambler either, unless itโ€™s gambling on shades of lipstick. Iโ€™ll be doubling down allll night long on that lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

My husband has wanted to go to Vegas for a while, now I have a reason to go too ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 

@bakeamuffin I just said the same thing to my husband lol...

I can't say I wear much purple makeup, but I would probably like a deep purple eyeliner. However, my favorite fall/winter nail polish is this dark, almost black purple with a very, very subtle red glitter from last year's Dior holiday collection. I love that Dior always has a purple polish for the holidays, but I always prefer a purple that's more goth than Barney!

Anonymous Insider

I have been trying so so hard to find a purple themed pallet, like the Natasha denona one (but not as expensive) I canโ€™t wait for this to catch on!
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 143 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos7
  • impressivemakeup.com
  • pantone.com
  • IMG_1595.JPG
  • Screenshot_20180223-082714.png
testing