Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out there… Especially when it’s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeup… Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if you’re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette you’re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we aren’t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

Re: The One Palette Challenge

I agree with @RebeccaBT ! I love the green eyeliner!

@DaneeBT Thank you. 

@SportyGirly125  Beautiful!

@ather Thank you. 

Very pretty, @SportyGirly125!  Your eye look goes so well with your top! 

@Titian06 Thank you so much

@SportyGirly125 I love the green as an eyeliner! It is so pretty 🙂

Best,

Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT Thank you. 

Seeing as I bought 2 palettes on sale this week, I thought I'd try this challenge out to inspire me to use the ones I have in new ways! I'm starting off with my new Natasha Denona Mini Lila Eyeshadow Palette 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8 gI received it yesterday and feel confident I'll be able to create a whole week of looks with it! 

Today I eased into it with Flint as my transition and all over the lid, raisin in the crease and outer corner, and packed on Linen in the inner corner and first third of my eye. A little subtle given how beautiful Blue dahlia and Poison Berry are, but I wanted to keep it relatively subtle for work.

Ignore the disgusting liner. I was trying to squeeze the last of my KVD tattoo liner, but its just so horrible and dry now that it ended up making a huge mess. I definitely wont be purchasing this again!20190530_104452.jpg

@cianni  such a pretty look 

thank you!! @ather 

Yay!  You have joined the thread...this is my favorite thread, I love all the palettes everyone is using.  It's a palette parade palooza!

Yessss @danielledanielle !! I'm forever searching for new ways to use palettes I have so this whole thread is giving me so much inspo 😍 I normally do the same two looks with every palette I own 😂

@cianni Gorgeous! I love that palette! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT ❤❤ it's so much fun to play with and soooooo adorably sized LOL

I just got this palette in the mail too, @cianni !! Your eyeshadow looks great! I feel you on the KVD liner. I switched to Stila and it dries out on me way less fast. I used to have to use a different eyeliner on each eye bc they'd dry out so fast during use 😣

@SpaceLlama was the KVD always like this? I remember it was everyone's number one choice a while ago, but I was (unfortunately) still in my "smudge kohl pencil even the top lid" phase (yikes) so I only started using it relatively recently. You're gonna love the palette! After I got my hands on the PMG I was debating returning this one but looks like both are staying 😂

Eek! Ordered two of the PMG palettes too 🙈 there's a 3rd in my cart if it'll get back in stock. Haha. The good deals are getting to me. I used to love the liner a lot. I bought it several times and used many mini samples. In my experience, I had better luck with the minis. I don't know why. It was always pretty hit or miss and I just got tired of fighting with my liner drying out, @cianni . 

@SpaceLlama which ones did you get!!! How satisfying was it when it was in stock long enough to actually checkout 😂 also I have a Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner Black InkThat I literally bought the tarte Tarteist™ PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette to use with it and have been so scared to try it because I'm afraid to make a mess LOL I guess now is the time haha

I got Bronze Ambition and La Vie en Rose, @cianni ! They look so pretty! They'll be my first PMG palettes and they're already arriving tomorrow. So excited! I'm still waiting on Bronze Temptation. 

I'm guilty of also buying gel liners and staying away from them because of the learning curve. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it with a little practice! 

Also, just out of curiosity, which palette did you get from PMG? 🙂

@SpaceLlama oh nice!! I also got la vie en rose arriving tomorrow and its my first PMG palette 😍 I have the mini matte trance lipsticks (which I also had to incessantly refresh to catch in stock LOL). The la vie en rose was the only one I could semi justify by telling myself they're shades I dont already have hahaha

4 Replies
testing