Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Comparison/Dupe Beauty Thread

I always see a lot of questions regarding dupes, swatches, comparisons for products that have come out.  Is it similar to such and such, is there a dupe because the item you loved is discontinued or being discontinued, etc.  I thought it would be easier to have one thread where members can ask for a dupe on a beloved product, find swatch comparisons, or side by side comparisons of the actual product to another (to see if they are similar or not). 

I hope this thread provides useful information for those that need it.

Down below👇 comparison swatches and palette side by side pictures of the new HG rose edit blush compared to the blushes found in the HG Elephant palette. 

Down below 👇 swatch comparison and blush side by side view of the new Giorgio Armani Euphoric blush compared to the Nars Orgasm blush.

Re: The Comparison/Dupe Beauty Thread

Comparing CT, PMG, and VB liners

IMG_5640.jpeg

Left CT Amber Haze, middle PMG Blitz Brown, Right VB CinnamonLeft CT Amber Haze, middle PMG Blitz Brown, Right VB Cinnamon

If you love MAC Hibiscus or YSL Extreme Coral. I think Dior 744 Diorama is a good dupe. 

swatches and lipstick tube side by side of Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick 03 Tang Thang and Dior Dior Addict Refillable Shine Lipstick 744 Diorama 

(Fenty on the left and Dior on the right).  They also look great together. 

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_7725.jpeg

Pretty!! @SportyGirly125 

If anyone is interested in the 3 new Gucci blushes and how it compares/swatches to other brands watch her in depth video. @Saradestin @bakeamuffin 

Still going to add Gucci true pink to my collection. 

IMG_7694.jpeg

Thank you so so so much for the tag @SportyGirly125 !!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! So clever to start a thread, this should make it easier to find similar shades in various products! 

Comparing Victoria Beckham Beauty reflect light and PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish Highlighter & Balm Duo Nude 

VB on top, PMG highlighter in center, PMG highlighter with balm on top on the bottom

IMG_9383.jpeg

VB on top, PMG highlighter in center, PMG highlighter with balm on top on the bottomVB on top, PMG highlighter in center, PMG highlighter with balm on top on the bottom

VB highlighter looks more intense, how I like them! Thank you for the comparison @SportyGirly125 !!

Wow, very similar. Good to know, @SportyGirly125 .Thanks!

@SportyGirly125 great idea for a thread!

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you!

Comparing Nars Orgasm with Armani beauty Euphoric. Side by side pan comparison and swatch. They may look similar but the Nars one has more shimmer and gold and isn’t as smooth as the Armani one. 

IMG_7458.jpeg

Armani euphoric on right and Nars Orgasm on leftArmani euphoric on right and Nars Orgasm on left

Would you say the Armani wins out over the Nars? I have Orgasm in the old formula when it was much better, but I've been on the hunt for something similar that's not as chunky as the newer version of Orgasm!

They look very similar and both gorgeous @SportyGirly125 !

Wow!! Swatched they look so similar!! @SportyGirly125 

Thanks for this comparison, @SportyGirly125 !  The Armani is very pretty. 😍

@Titian06 

The new HG Rose edit blush vs the HG Butterfly palette blushes. Palette side comparison and swatches. 

IMG_7452.jpeg

New Rose edit blush on the rightNew Rose edit blush on the right

Threw in the Elephant palette in case anyone wanted to see. Don’t mind the case I custom chose the Tiger case for the Elephant paletteThrew in the Elephant palette in case anyone wanted to see. Don’t mind the case I custom chose the Tiger case for the Elephant palette

Thank you for the swatches, @SportyGirly125 !  Seeing them together is an impressive difference.  I love the Rose Edit! 

Those palettes are stunning @SportyGirly125 !! The new blush is definitely different and so pretty! 

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 175 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos14
  • New Rose edit blush on the right
  • IMG_7452.jpeg
  • Threw in the Elephant palette in case anyone wanted to see. Don’t mind the case I custom chose the Tiger case for the Elephant palette
  • Armani euphoric on right and Nars Orgasm on left
  • IMG_7458.jpeg
  • IMG_9383.jpeg
  • VB on top, PMG highlighter in center, PMG highlighter with balm on top on the bottom
  • IMG_7694.jpeg
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
  • IMG_7577.jpeg
  • IMG_2826.jpeg
  • IMG_2823.jpeg
  • Left CT Amber Haze, middle PMG Blitz Brown, Right VB Cinnamon
  • IMG_5640.jpeg
testing