Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Thank you Sephora and BIC!

I can't thank Sephora and BIC enough for this lovely gratis I was sent! Due to the fact I recently had surgery, my updates and reviews won't be super fast, so I thought I'd create my own thread to leave my reviews and comments at my own pace. Let me start off by saying I hate hate hate mint. Three of the items all prominently feature mint. Putting that aside, I will still be completely honest with my reviews.

Gratis.jpg

First up is the Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g

Deo.jpg

I currently use schmidtt's natural deodorant, so I was happy to see a vegan and cruelty-free deodorant that is free of aluminum and baking soda. This is said to combat odor and have a cooling comfort. The cooling part comes from the peppermint oil, I'm willing to bet. For me this was not cooling but rather prickly, I did not like the feeling at all. Now...for the odor combating...that was also a heavy no. I have a pretty decently strong body odor I won't lie. It's not a delicate flower scent, but also not heavy enough to like get me kicked off an airplane. The deodorant I use now covers it just fine, as does most I try. Not this one. When I applied it, and it applied very easy, I could still smell my odor coming through. It is on the lightly scented side. I put this on at 9 am, after a nap I woke up at noon and it was completely gone. No trace or sign of the deodorant, after only a few hours!

Up next: fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g

Lip Balm.jpg

Another mint item yay! Haha. My previous experience with fresh lip balms was just those little trail size ones, you know the ones that melt away super fast and probably would have lasted me a week...had I not always managed to lose them. This is said to be a hydrating lip treatment that delivers an instant burst of minty freshness while nourishing oils moisturize and smooth the look of wrinkles. Sugar locks in the moisture for hours. Now with my surgery my mouth was actually swollen very big for about 4 days. I normally have dehydrated lips and I can't find anything that lasts even 20 minutes on my lips. With my lips being swollen, they were even worse! Super dry and cracked and peeling. I put this on, very easy to apply and didn't melt away like I expected. The mint isn't strong enough for me to smell while wearing, but I currently can't smell out of one side of my face. So anyways, I forgot about it. About two hours later I was rubbing my lips together...and it was still moisturized! I reapplied out of habit. I've been using this since I got it yesterday, and my lips haven't gone dry yet. I put it on when I went to bed and even 6 hours later it was still on my lips. I've never had a product like this before. I love it. There is a slight tingling, but nothing bad.

Next! VIKTOR&ROLF - Flowerbomb Midnight

Midnight.jpg

Sorry for no actual photo. This has notes of Blackcurrant, Night-Blooming Jasmine, Musk, Pomegranate, Peony and Vanilla. Creating a divine warm floral sensation. Now there are some on BIC who completely blow us away with their fragrance descriptions...I'm not one of them. I wish I was. When I sprayed this on my arm I could detect the Blackcurrant and Pomegranate very easily. When I think of a midnight scent, this definitely fit the description. It is a very nice warm floral with a hint of spice. The full strength lasted about 4 hours on me. And after that I could detect a faint note, but I'm not quite sure what that note is.

GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner

Toner 1.jpgToner 2.jpg

I was most excited about this one! It is a 3-1 toner, exfoliator, and pore-refining product. You shake it to activate the clay, charcoal, and six acids. It looks pretty cool when you shake it. I have dehydrated combo skin, and toner is my favorite part of my skin care routine. My current hg is belif eucalyptus. Since I am still hurting on half of my face, I only used this on the other half. I shook it up, and it was kind of hard to get out of the bottle, but it was a cool looking gray on the pad. I was instantly hit with a super strong smell of a few different things, but the peppermint was very strong. I honestly didn't see any difference after using this. The smell was really bothersome to me, and that was with only half my nose working! With my other toners, I'm able to see on the pad where it picked up stuff my double cleanse missed, not able to with this one because of the gray coloring. After about six hours when I woke up I noticed a very very small change in my skin but it was very small. My pores were still dark, but they looked bigger (and they are already big enough) and slightly less dark. That was just one use though, hopefully it gets better after I use it more. Currently this is night time use.

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

I have not used this one yet. I put some on my hand, it doesn't seem like a primer but, more like a highlighter for your whole face! My hand is super shiny right now. This primer contains real pigments from banana powder (not the fruit) that is good for brightening. As well as Vitamin C and E, along with citrus fruit extracts for a nice citrusy scent. Once better I will put this on my full face to try out, hopefully tomorrow. But really, my hand looks like I dipped it in glitter.

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Last but certainly not least! I have not tried this one yet either. Hopefully tomorrow I can when I'm not so tired from all my pills. The colors look fantastic! And the packaging! The packaging is actually a nice cushion outside. I don't own any of the naked palettes except the Cherry, so I won't be able to compare it to any of those.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know! Hopefully I can update those last two tomorrow. Once again thank you so so much Sephora and BIC for this lovely gratis! Hopefully my reviews are helpful, even if to just one person!

Re: Thank you Sephora and BIC!

GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner

This is a concentrated exfoliating toner which contains 6 different exfoliating acids ( mandelic, glycolic, salicylic, lactic, pyruvic and tartaric acids ), charcoal, eucalyptus extract, peppermint oil, witch-hazel and denatured alcohol. The different acids exfoliate at different depths of the epidermis and the activated charcoal eliminates impurities, pollution and other microscopic particles. To activate this toner you have to shake the bottle ( personally I think it’s just to mix the ingredients since most of the charcoal particles settle at the bottom ). I was hesitant to try it because of the high denatured alcohol content ( 2nd ingredient ) and the presence of salicylic acid since I have developed a sensitivity to this acid when used overnight. I decided to try it anyway and everything was fine the next morning and my skin showed no irritation. Although the Supertoner isn’t suited for my dry/very dry winter skin, it should be a great product to use during summer since I’m often outside, sweat a lot and live in an urban environment. The activated charcoal will be able to remove all the impurities accumulated during the day. I use an acid toner ( glycolic acid ) regularly in my PM skincare routine and also alternate between different acid serums every evening ( lactic acid 10%, alpha lipoic acid 5% = phytic acid and mandelic acid 10% ) so this toner ( even if it contains den.alcohol and salicylic acid ) is a welcome addition to my skincare routine. My glycolic acid toner should be finished in a few weeks and the outdoor temperatures should warm up ( finally! ). Another plus, the Supertoner has a 24 month shelf life one opened. The only thing I wish would be different is that the bottle should be squeezable instead of rigid or had a different dispenser. To moisten a cotton pad, you have to tap the bottle on the bottom ! If you wonder what it smells like, imagine a mix of alcohol, eucalyptus, mint and licorice. I personally enjoy the smell ( if I block the smell of alcohol ) but it might be too strong if you’re sensitive to fragrances. It can also be used as a spot treatment if you have blemishes. This will be my new go-to toner during summer ( I usually use a light activated charcoal scrub only in summer, now I won’t need to! ). Thank you @team Sephora, @BrendaBT and @GLAMGLOW for this gratis!

Spoiler

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

See spoiler for swatches. This is my first palette from UD ! I’m not new to the brand since I have lipsticks, lip glosses, eyeshadow singles and an eyeshadow primer. The shades are beautiful, blend easily, especially the shimmers and metallics and the fallout is minimal ( I use Too Faced Glitter Glue ). I love that this palette contains base, in between and darker shades so you don’t need another palette or singles to fill in the void. It’s a great basic palette, perfect for a daytime and evening look! Of all the shades available only one is disappointing ( Blur ) because it’s too yellow for my skin tone. I’m so glad that I waited a few days because I was going to purchase it since I needed a basic palette to replace my old one ( I’ve had it for the last 8 years! so it was time to toss it away! ). The only negative thing about the Reloaded palette is that it doesn’t include an eyeshadow brush. A double sided brush would have been a great addition to this palette!

Thank you so much @team BIC, @BrendaBT and @Urban Decay 

Spoiler

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

I have to start by saying that I don’t wear foundation but I like to contour, wear highlighter and bronzer. 🧡🧡🧡 this primer, it gives a beautiful glow because of the banana powder ( it doesn’t contain banana, but has the same colour of a peeled banana ) and of the mica flakes. It feels like liquid silk, spreads easily and has a wonderful orange-tangerine fragrance when applied but quickly dissipates so you don’t end up smelling like an orange all day! I also appreciate that it contains two different forms of vitamin C ( ascorbic acid and ethylated ascorbic acid ). Vitamin C is part of my regular AM skincare routine. Don’t worry about the orange color, once the primer is absorbed it disappears and you don’t end up looking like a disco ball! All that’s left is a healthy glow. It can be used alone or with foundation making it a versatile product! Thank you so much @team Sephora, @BrendaBT and @Ole Henriksen for this glowy gratis! 

I forgot to include a picture of the OH Banana Bright Primer so you can see how it looks on the back of my hand OH Banana Bright PrimerOH Banana Bright Primer

@keana1   That is really pretty!

I love the glow that it gives my skin @Ispend2much6 ! 

Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g

This is the first time I used a deodorant since I was in my teens! Back then deodorants were roll-on and I just hated to wait until it dried before getting dressed. Now I use antiperspirants in stick/spray form but I wanted to try a natural deodorant in stick form. I’ve been eyeing a few but I was apprehensive about them not being strong enough. I’m so glad that I don’t have to spend time searching for one. I’ve been using it for 5 days straight now and I don’t smell like sweat even when it’s warm inside. The Farmacy deodorant has a mint-citrus fragrance which is quite enjoyable even though it contains lavender oil and floral extracts. I’m unable to smell moringa and papaya? ( I don’t enjoy products that smell like baby powder and floral fragrances ). The application is smooth, it glides on ( probably because it doesn’t contain baking soda ) doesn’t ball up and doesn’t feel greasy. So far so good! I can’t wait to find out how it performs when it becomes warmer outside! ( it’s still cold in Montreal ). My body should be used to it by the time summer arrives. Thank you @team Sephora, @BrendaBT and @Farmacy for this gratis! 😉

fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g

I have to admit that I’m a lip balm/mask addict, but I haven’t tried Fresh lip balms before last Tuesday when I received my package containing so many wonderful surprises! This lip balm smells minty ( peppermint oil and menthol ) but doesn’t taste like mint which is perfect since I don’t enjoy the taste of mint. See spoiler for ingredients list. It has a cooling effect which feels great, contains so many moisturizing ingredients, vitamin C ( ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate and vitamin E ( tocopherol ). I only wish that it contained sunscreen so I can use it when I go outside. Despite the fact that it lacks SPF, I love this lip balm and it lasts for a long time between reapplication. Now I’m going to be a Fresh lip balm addict for life LOL 😆! Thank you so much @team Sephora, @BrendaBT and @Fresh for making me discover Fresh lip balms 💚💚💚Ingredients listIngredients list

I was able to try every color of the UD Naked Reloaded. Over all the majority of the colors I liked.

UD Reloaded After.jpg

-Blur and Bribe worked perfectly for my brow bone. Not too dark, but enough pigment that you can tell there is something there.

-Barely Baked, Reputation, Burn, Boundaries and Distilled- These shades are all very shimmery, I did have quite a bit of fallout from them. Barely Baked was too light of a color for me, I hardly noticed it on. Distilled I'm still on the fence about. Reputation and Burn are very very pretty colors. Boundaries was a so so shade, but it works.

-Retro and End Game- The mattes. Retro was the color I was most excited about, but it did have that migration issue. End Game I didn't like. It is a very dark and nice pigment. But I have like extra skin on my eyelids, so they fold up a lot, and dark colors like that make it really obvious.

-Angel Fire and Dream Weaver- Pure glitter. Angel Fire I hardly picked up any glitter trying to use it, though it made a big mess on the pans. Dream Weaver I was able to pick up a bit of glitter, and it looked nice and pretty.

Thanks for the review @Samtian . The brow bone shades look really nice! I know I’m probably boring, but those are the kind of shades I get the most use from! 

@PrettyPaint  Haha same here.

My review of the Consonant DHE Mask ( somehow I was unable to tag it ). Since I live in Canada, I received this mask instead of the new Flowerbomb fragrance. To be honest, I’m really glad to have been gifted this mask because it has been on my loves list for a while and I don’t enjoy floral fragrances ( I prefer gourmands, orientals and fruity ). The DHE stands for detoxify, hydrate and exfoliate. See spoiler for ingredients list. One applied to the face this clay mask dries since the clay is rich in Kaolin ( it’s also rich in minerals ). The clay comes from the Manicouagan region of the province of Quebec ( which is the province I live in! ) . This particular region was formed by an asteroid impact that happened approximately 215 million years ago . If you do a Google Earth search you will notice that the impact crater is still visible today!. Since this mask contains natural AHAs it should NOT be left on the skin for more than 20-30 minutes before rinsing. I left it on for 30 minutes since I use AHAs every night for exfoliation. If you’re not used to exfoliating acids, I suggest that you apply this mask for a maximum of 20 minutes before your skin becomes AHA tolerant. It’s not recommended to be used more than twice a week and if you suffer from blemishes it can also be used as an overnight spot treatment. I rinsed it off with warm running water ( very easy to rinse off ) and was left with soft, plump and detoxified skin. I was surprised that since it contains eucalyptus leaf, tea tree and peppermint oils my eyes didn’t feel irritated. If I posted this review in the Mask of the Week thread, I would have given this mask a grade of A+ ! Once I finish this mask, I’ll definitely be purchasing this Consonant DHE Mask! Thank you so much @Anonymous@BrendaBT and @consonantConsonant DHE MaskConsonant DHE Mask

Spoiler
Ingredients listIngredients list

This sounds so nice @keana1 . Thanks for the review! 

You’re welcome @PrettyPaint !😉

@keana1  That mask sounds really great! And I think it is so cool that the ingredient comes from the province you live in! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Thanks @Samtian ! I was really lucky to get this mask! I’m sure that you and your skin would’ve enjoyed it! 

@keana1  Sounds like it! But  sadly we don't have that here on the Sephora site in the US.

You can order the mask on Well.ca, they deliver to the US and it’s in stock @Samtian ! I don’t know how much the shipping costs but it’s 45.00 $ Canadian in case you wanted to know! I’ve tried to find American websites but I didn’t find any! 😊

I've been able to try seven of the Reloaded shades. The non-glitter shades so far apply very nice and smooth, no issues with that. They blend well enough. I find them to be nicely pigmented, and I use a Wayne Goss brush that doesn't pick up a lot of pigment. I did have a problem with Retro, I put it on my  lid and two hours later I noticed it was hanging out under my eye. Which is a bummer because I really like that color. If anyone knows why it does that, please let me know! I do use primer. Distilled has a slight shimmer to it, I applied it to my crease with my Sephora Crease Brush, but it didn't want to apply very evenly, quite patchy. I'll have to try that one on the lid. Angel Fire was pure glitter to me, and didn't pick up a lot on my brush.

Not my photo-

UD Reloaded After.jpg

I also tried the OH Primer. It does have a nice citrus scent. It has Vitamin C in it, and my face doesn't like Vit C, so it does make my face red for a while. It's really shimmery. I'll check it in a while, but right now it's too sparkly. I personally don't like my face to look like that. It does brighten the face like it says. I'm not sure if it is supposed to blur your pores, because if it is it doesn't. I don't wear foundation, usually I just wear a primer alone every once in a while if I have a bb or cc cream I'll put that on top. So far, this one won't be something I'll be purchasing. I'd even be up for trading if anyone is interested. It does have a nice pump feature.

@Samtian So far the Farmacy deodorant has worked for me pretty well. I finally found the Schmidt’s yesterday at TJ Maxx so I’m definitely gonna try it next.

168 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • Gratis.jpg
  • Deo.jpg
  • Lip Balm.jpg
  • Midnight.jpg
  • Toner 2.jpg
  • Toner 1.jpg
  • ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Everything was so beautifully wrapped
  • Consonant DHE Mask, Farmacy Freshen Up Deodorant, Fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment, GlamGlow Supermud toner, Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Primer, Urban Decay Reloaded Palette
  • UD Reloaded After.jpg
  • Consonant DHE Mask
  • Ingredients list
  • UD Reloaded After.jpg
  • Ingredients list
  • OH Banana Bright Primer
testing