cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE DUPE THREAD!!!

A place to help each other find dupes or color match. 🙂

I often find myself looking up products that I wish I could find a dupe for or seeing something and trying to match the color. Thought this be the best place to ask 😉

Re: THE DUPE THREAD!

It's been a long time since I've used Porefessional so I can't tell you exactly how similar they are, but I would suggest the L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base primer.  It comes in a jar, which is kind of annoying but I find that it's a good primer.  It could get thick, so you usually only need a little but it makes my face feel silky smooth and it blurs everything pretty well.  It's probably worth a shot!!

Cos41a_1_pack-shot.jpg

and good luck with grad school!!

I'll look into this, thanks!!

Just wanted to drop by and say what a great idea for a  thread!

I'm looking for a dupe for Rezy by liplandcosmetics. I thought of Mac Runway Hit or Kinda Sexy but I couldn't find any dupes online. 🙂

I can't even seem to find the shade you are looking for online...

it was a collaboration with Amrezy from IG. I'm sure Colourpop has something really similar.

I'm slightly addicted to looking at swatch comparisons/dupes on Instagram. 🙈

Does anyone know of any good accounts besides @dupethat? I'd prefer suggestions for accounts primarily focused on swatch photos. 

emily fox does dupes on her youtube channel but not sure...

emily fox does dupes on her youtube channel but not sure if it continues over to her other accounts.

try temptalia. she posts pics and explains the comparison...

try temptalia. she posts pics and explains the comparison of the dupes and formulas.

@vanedb posts a lot of dupes, but her page isn't solely swatches. Maybe check her out?

Good suggestion! Followed... 🙂

angelamarietanner does tons of dupes!

ooo that's a good one! Thank you!

Anyone know a dupe for LA Splash Honey Blonde? Harder to find in Canada, although I think I can purchase but afraid I might not like the product.

ETA: A 90's type brown that matches the color in the swatch below...

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 7.58.53 PM.png

This looks a lot like an LE NARS lipstick they released last spring - or at least how the color looked on me.

I'll have to get back to you on the name of it; Liguria maybe?

Cool. Thx 🙂

ETA: That is the name, looking it up now. Seems close! Looking for a yellow/brown 90's type of color.

Waht about the new Colourpop Ultra Satin in Tansy? This picture is @noirojos, I am "friends" with her on IG. This is lighter on her, but on fairer skin, it looks like Tansy might be similar.

Tansy2.jpgULTRA-SATIN-LIP-SWATCH-1.jpg12716834_1682491125296157_415892825_n.jpg

Thanks. Hoping to find a shade from a brand I can get without crazy shipping lol

so i saw a swatch of this on an arm and it looked nothing like this, a picture of another girl wearing it and also more on the orange. the first swatch reminded me of giorgio armani 200 

also mac photo

Thanks I'll look it up 🙂

2 Replies
testing