Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Starter Beauty Kit

I am looking for 5-7 items that would be the perfect starter kit for a girl in college with is just starting to get into makeup as a gift for Christmas!!!

Re: Starter Beauty Kit

@meqqo All of the advice below is great. I think there are a lot of great value sets that have a bit of everything, for example, the Tarte set I tagged below. That one is gull coverage, but you can find different ones like that. I recommend a makeup remover and a good primer. The one below has spf.

I see some great advice below @meqqo 

I second looking at the Sephora makeup kits. Good value for your money on those 😀

I think some items that might be nice to have in start up kit would be (plus examples 💖)

-Tinted Lip Gloss #SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Lip Gloss Balm 

-Mascara #MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL 

-Tinted Moisturizer #tarte BB Blur Tinted Moisturizer Medium-Tan 

-Face Pallet #Smashbox Cali Contour Face Palette 

- Brush Set #Morphe Vegan Pro 5 Piece Eye Brush Set 

-Small EyeShadow Palette #Urban Decay Mini Naked Eyeshadow Palette Sin 

I would recommend you choose some light products to avoid your skin from hurting. For example, don't use regular base, but some BB cream

Hi! Here are some of my suggestions for a starter kit. I won't be recommending super high end products since she's just a beginner! If you want, you can also see if there are mini-size versions of anything that is recommended here so the person receiving the present doesn't have to fully commit. 

1. The key to great makeup application is a great base. A good beginner moisturizer is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion! 

2. Mascara: A great one would be the Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Volumizing Mascara

3. Eyeliner: My holy grail is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner. It's a bit pricy but I definitely think it's worth it. You can also get the mini version for half the price. 

4. Blush: The Soft Matte Perfection Blush Duo from the Sephora collection is a great starter blush since each product comes with two shades of blush.

5. Lips: Try one of the (many) nude lipstick shades from the Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick collection.

6. Highlight: The Mini Hollywood Flawless Filter from Charlotte Tilbury is gorgeous!

7. Eyeshadow: The Mini Tartelette Jewel Amazonian Clay Palette is a good basic starter pallet that doesn't break the bank.

I don't recommend buying any concealer / foundation products unless you know the gift recipient's exact skin shade. 

@meqqo What price point are you looking for?

Hi, this is coming from a fellow girl in college who has been obsessed with everything bueaty since forever! I’d say if she likes more natural makeup, then start with the Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi drops, Kosas concealer, Rare Bueaty Liquid Blush, Benefit tinted brow gel, Dior lip glow, and the Hourglass Amibiant glow palette. If she wants more full coverage, the Kosas Foundation, Rare bueaty contour stick, and the Charlotte tilbury powder. Hope this helped! 

@meqqo You can look at the Sephora Favorites makeup sets.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing