Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Random Lip Combo Challenge!

Inspired by the Random Lip Combo TikTok trend... I present the Random Lip Combo Challenge! I've seen these types of videos often, and thought it would be a fun idea to bring to BIC!

The main challenge is to choose a random lip combination (liner, lipstick, and optional gloss) each day! I'm hoping this will inspire unique and surprising combinations that we all have in our own stash, plus remind us of some products that we have in our collection. I'm very guilty of reaching for my "go-to" combo allllll the time, and ignoring some of the beauties in my collection. While there are no rules necessarily, this challenge can be done in two ways:

• True Random - close your eyes and randomly pick a lip liner, lipstick and/or gloss from your stash!
  • Combo you've never tried - mix it up and try a combination that you never would have thought to put together, and see if it works! 

There are definitely going to be some weird ones that don't work, but I think it'll be fun to try new combinations we would not have normally thought to put together!

Re: Random Lip Combo Challenge!

2BAE2B24-0344-4A0F-BEBC-B3D9E055146E.jpeg

338E2527-EB12-4E63-890C-DD52ECBFA900.jpeg

I did a totally blind pick today, but skipped the gloss. I never would have paired this together based on the swatches, and I wasn’t planning on going this bold today but I don’t hate it! These were definitely older products so the application wasn’t perfect, but not bad!

liner - bite beauty lip liner in 100 (miss you, bite beauty 💔)

lipstick - Lancome Rouge Sensation in Boheme 

I like it, it's a nice mulberry/wine color @cianni 

Yes, RIP Bite 😭😭

@danielledanielle thanks! it ended up working out better than expected, which means inevitably tomorrow's blind pick will be a disaster 😅

@cianni , I miss lipstick, so I could give this a-go with all the ones I've swatched, but momentarily worn.

Also,  I'm not much of a liner person, so I'm already going off-post/trend to tell you it'll be mostly lipstick combos.

ETA: This is a combo of Fishnets & Original Recipe.  Makes a coral red.

PXL_20221120_025353578.PORTRAIT.jpg

@danielledanielle any lip combo is totally welcome here! love that color on you! this is exactly what this challenge is for 🙂 i never would have thought to mix two reds together (i don't make sense, i know), but really into the end result😍 ive heard so many good things about this formula - do you like it? i think @SportyGirly125 recommended it to me too!

Thanks @cianni 

I get curious to see what happens, and have so many lips, so I'll combine them.

💕Lips Lip liner @patmcgrathreal Blood Lust with @maccosmetics Shocking Revelation, Gossip Guzzler, Cupid’s Bow and Crushed Velvet mixed with @shiseido crystal gloss in the center
♥️Lips Lip liner @maccosmetics Nightmoth with @maccosmetics Burst on the Scene and Sip Happens mixed with @shiseido crystal gloss in the center

89B7382B-5013-456C-BF41-1EC8B323896E.jpeg

2F0FAC43-2493-405C-85F2-34181DE567F5.jpeg

@cianni @Most of my lip looks are a custom

color. Even the recent one I did. 

@SportyGirly125 So beautiful! I love how that Shisheido gloss worked so seamlessly for both. You were designed for this challenge then! How do you come up with the ideas? I find I'm so nervous to add more than two colors 

@cianni Thank You. I think I’m just used to always mixing up foundation, blush and lipstick colors to make my own custom color. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos5
  • 2F0FAC43-2493-405C-85F2-34181DE567F5.jpeg
  • 89B7382B-5013-456C-BF41-1EC8B323896E.jpeg
  • PXL_20221120_025353578.PORTRAIT.jpg
  • 2BAE2B24-0344-4A0F-BEBC-B3D9E055146E.jpeg
  • 338E2527-EB12-4E63-890C-DD52ECBFA900.jpeg
testing