Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Primer

I’m currently using haus labs foundation and I love it! Which primer would you recommend? I’ve heard I should use silicone base because haus labs is silicone base too. I also prefer cruelty free. 
HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica 070 Fair ... 

Re: Primer

Hi @makeupnewb88! I tried haus labs before as part of a makeover at Sephora. The makeup artist that helped me only used skincare to prime my skin before applying foundation. It lasted an entire day and still looked good before I had to take it off. If you’ve got a good skincare routine, that might be enough. If you’re still set on a silicone-based primer, I do like The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL. It doesn’t smell terrible, does a good job to hanging onto makeup, isn’t irritating, and won’t break the bank. If you’re afraid of product compatibility, you can always swatch them on top of each other at a store and see how you like them. 

@JoSometimes

my skin is dry not oily, wrong skin care? I’m super super open to opinions. I do have acne 

thanks for the tips and answering all my questions ♥️

Hi @makeupnewb88. I’m not a skincare expert and it’s been a long time since I’ve had to deal with acne but here’s my thoughts on your routine so far. All 3 products from e.l.f. look like they contain salicylic acid. It’s great for clearing out pores and helping with acne issues, but it’s also great at stripping away oils. For someone with oily skin, this routine works well to minimize oil, but for someone with dry skin, having it in 3 products might be a bit too much and cause the dryness you’re experiencing. You could try the cleanser from e.l.f. to combat your acne but only use the drunk elephant for your moisturizer and see if your skin does better. If your skin likes that combination, the only thing missing from your skincare routine at the point would be a good SPF. Some people actually find their SPF makes for a good primer too, so it’s 2 in 1.

If you post your routine on the Dry Skin page, you might be able to get some more advice on your specific concerns. 

Thank you! I appreciate the tip! I too was told a good skin care would be all I need for the haus labs and the person recommended drink elephant water facial, I wasn’t wowed cause I have pores on the larger side. But maybe the rest of my skin care is t up to par? I’m using elf blemish break thru three step system plus drunk elephant and I’m still getting dry patches or toooooo oily in other places like they separated from one another. 

Hi @makeupnewb88. If they’re separating, it could mean the formulas of the products aren’t compatible with one another chemistry-wise. Sometimes you can get around that by letting one fully soak into your skin before doing the next product. 

Also, typical skincare application is from thinnest to thickest consistency. From what I can see on e.l.f.‘s site is that it’s meant for oily, acne prone skin. Would you say you have oily skin or more normal or even dry skin?

Also, Sephora doesn’t automatically let people know you’ve replied to them. We usually get around that by using @ to tag them so they get a notification. Otherwise, messages sometimes get missed. I hope this helps!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing