Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Primer suggestions for Combination skin

I'm looking to purchase and change primer, any suggestion on what's accomodating and suits combination skin? 

Thank you 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Re: Primer suggestions for Combination skin

@Purpura93, I like Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - it applies well and gives a satin, natural finish.  There's a mini/travel size version of it (and a lot of product in the mini) if you were interested in trying it out first before committing to a full size.

https://www.sephora.com/product/veil-mineral-primer-P210575

@Purpura93~ Good question! I enjoy seeing the primers people swear by ❤️ Also having combination skin myself, I love using a mix of Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer primers. They have quite a range for different needs: hydrating, mattifying, smoothing, color correction, and come in radiant, matte, or natural finish. It's wonderful because you can use different ones for separate areas of your face and once you blend the foundation in, look amazing! I try out different primers whenever I get the chance, but  these are definitely my staple. Hope you find a good one for you! 🙂mufe.PNG

Yesss! I second the MUFE primers. I have oily skin and I love using the smoothing and the mattifying primers. I have the travel sizes and since I only use them on my t-zone, they last a long time! 

A friend of mine recommended the Becca first light filter face primer. I haven't tried it yet since my skin has turned dry, but I'm planning to soon. 

I use the Becca backlight priming filter on my combo skin and it provides the perfect amount of hydration (and glow!)

RE: Primer suggestions for Combination skin

First Aid Beauty Oil Free Mattifying Gel is one of my alllll time favorites. Mehron Skin Prep Pro is also a HG, but it’s ONLY to be used in super oily areas, no where else.

Re: RE: Primer suggestions for Combination skin

Yes, this too! FAB has some fabulous moisturizers and primers to keep combo skin in check.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • mufe.PNG
testing