Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

On Camera at 60

I would love some advice from you experts, please!  I'm going to be on a TV show next month.  Because of the pandemic, I have to apply my own makeup. I am 60 and although my face is relatively youthful, I have bags under my eyes and a double chin (not sure what can be done about that).  I use light makeup daily but I will need heavy makeup for the camera.  What do you whizzes recommend for on-camera makeup for a mature woman?

I am brunette, have brown eyes and black brows, medium-fair complexion with yellow undertones, short post-menopause lashes.  Not many wrinkles but I'm saggy.  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Tags:

Re: On Camera at 60

@MmeDarling That sounds exciting!

Not really sure what products are best, but I think you should go with complexion products (primer, foundation, concealer and setting powder) that don't cause any flashback.  Flashbacks can make you look blindingly white on camera.

Choose complexion products that are right for your skin type (oily, normal, dry, combination) for best results.  Try to go with colors that are the most natural so it doesn't look too harsh, especially when using contour products.

If you're going to be on TV for a long time, setting spray will help keep your makeup in place.

Yes, it will be a real TV studio.  I appreciate the hints.  I guess that means matte everything.  Thanks!

@MmeDarling If you're going to be videoconferencing, I'd say get the lighting right. Lighting can make or break how you look.

But if you're going to be on set, the only advice I know for camera makeup is to bring blotting papers and tools for last minute touch ups and stick with matte textures. I like the boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens boscia Lavender Blotting Linens 

Lisa Eldridge has some videos for makeup techniques for older women that perhaps could be adapted. Good luck!

Great links and thoughts. Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing