Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Need tips on making foundation last

Okay beauty gurus. I believe i have dry/combo skin. I do a whole routine tarte SEA Deep Dive Cleansing Gel Fenty Skin Fat Water Niacinamide Pore-Refining Toner Serum with Barbados Cherry tarte SEA drink of H2O hydrating boost moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL or goldfaden moisturizer. I have tried numerous primers, tarte base tape hydrating primer, sephora smooth and blur, rare beauty pore minimizing, ive tried setting powders, setting sprays, different types of brushes, techniques for apply powder/spray and nothing makes my makeup last and it alsi settles into my pores. By the end of the work day my makesup gone. Ive tried tarte foundation amazonian clay, #Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation. all with the sane results. Any tips or recommendations?

Re: Need tips on making foundation last

Here are four tips to help make a foundation last on dry combination skin:

1. Prep your skin properly: Before applying your foundation, it's important to prep your skin properly. Start by gently exfoliating your skin to remove any dry patches, and then apply a moisturizer suitable for your skin type to help hydrate your skin. This will create a smooth base for your foundation and help it last longer.

2. Use a primer: Using a primer is a great way to help your foundation last longer. Choose a hydrating primer that is specifically designed for dry skin, as this will help to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day. Apply the primer all over your face, paying extra attention to any areas that tend to get oily.

3. Apply your foundation with a damp sponge: When applying your foundation, use a damp sponge to apply it to your face. This will help to blend the foundation into your skin and prevent it from looking cakey. It will also help to keep your skin hydrated, which is important for making your foundation last longer.

4. Set your foundation with powder: Once you've applied your foundation, use a translucent powder to set it in place. This will help to prevent your foundation from sliding off or melting throughout the day. Use a fluffy brush to lightly dust the powder all over your face, focusing on any areas that tend to get oily, such as your T-zone.

@Stephascope93 .  

Make sure you're using the right moisturizer.  With me, with oily/combo there's used to be a need to over look hydration vs an oil fighting ingredient, but that's not always the case.  Choose a gel or lightweight one vs anything else.  Also, let your moisturizer actually settle.  Don't go in with your foundation right away, give it a few minutes.  A lot of times, well prepped skin will surpass the need for a primer if the skin is hydrated correctly.  If your want to use a primer, consider sheering out your foundation with the primer and then adding additional foundation in areas where you need more coverage (notice the splitting or settling) and set those areas with powder.  My makeup doesnt stay 100% fresh, I usually need a little blot or touch up for shine, but it lasts.  I also go over the top and use both setting spray and powder, but that's mostly out of habit.

Thanks! My moisturuzer currently is a gel and i already make sure everything has set in before moving on to next step. Powder and setting spray dont work.

@Stephascope93  - Then consider switching @SportyGirly125 stated, if you are combo/dry and again, sheering/mixing primer with foundation and giving areas that split/break a little extra love.

Setting spray melds the look, extends wear - don't think of it as a way to set makeup, more like an added layer of hydration so things don't go cakey too early.  Setting spray also saves me when I have over done it with powder.    If you're dry/combo, you might just need one, and not the other.  So, if you're dry, opt for a light layer of setting powder, and only where you need it (oily, separations).

@Stephascope93 @Have you tried a cream?  I feel gel moisturizers don’t work as well for combo dry skin. 

@Stephascope93 @I have combo skin more on the dry side and think maybe you are not using the correct products for your skin type. 

Are you sure you have combo dry skin?

I've always been told i have combo. I have a foreo cleaner that scans your skin and tells you. I get dry patches but i also get oily about late morning/mid day.

@SportyGirly125 yes i have tried numerous different foundations as well as other moisturizers and skincare, results are all the same.

@Stephascope93 The reason I was asking is because the products you listed wouldn't work for me and I have combo skin more on the dry side.  I have an oily t zone and dry everywhere else.

Have you tried other skincare products or foundations.  The ones you listed would be drying for me.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing