Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Minimal Makeup for a More Natural Look

I am trying to create a natural glow makeup look without using a lot of makeup. I want to avoid the caked on look. I’m looking for a stand alone primer or face cream that can give my face a smooth/flawless look but still feel light. 7404DFA4-5C20-4606-9116-5DEB6117BC38.jpeg

9779D8CB-3E9D-4C1F-8349-4C3685F8777F.jpeg

RE: Minimal Makeup for a More Natural Look

Glossier is my fav for lighter coverage. Their Skin Tint is super light and gives you the “dewy” look. (Wasn’t for me cuz I’m super “dewy” from grease lol). Their Cloud Paint blush and Haloscope highlighter are also favs for a little extra oomf. All of these products are also buildable if you want more coverage!

Re: Minimal Makeup for a More Natural Look

@RadientBliss4 I recommend trying the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Dew Drops Coconut Gel HighlighterI have found these give the prettiest glow to the skin. I mix them into my foundation and add it on top of my makeup as a highlight. I hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you! I have heard a lot of great things about this product.

RE: Minimal Makeup for a More Natural Look

Use Tata Harper illuminating moisturizer!

@RadientBliss4 I'm not sure if you realize how much makeup both of these girls are wearing. Unless your skin is practically flawless, it's probably not going to look like this. Some super light coverage products that I enjoy are the Glossier Skin Tint and the Chanel Water-Fresh Tint. Both of them give only the slightest hint of coverage and feel like nothing on the skin.

@makeitup305 OMG I was coming in to write about the Chanel one! I have been using it for several weeks now and I love it! It just gives your face a very natural glow. It’s very light coverage though, so I do follow up with a tiny bit of concealer on blemishes or dark spots. 

@makeitup305  Do you think Glossier Skin Tint is similar to RMS un-coverup? They look similar and concept seem similar. I just bought RMs but in future would try Glossier Skin Tint and save some money maybe 🙂

@naturalooks15 RMS can feel a little heavier since it's coconut oil based and might even have more coverage  depending how much you use. Glossier's is like a MAC Face & Body with half the coverage. To save some money for now I'd say use the RMS and if it feels to heavy for you, try the Glossier. RMS has a beautiful finish but just a heads up, don't save it for special occasions- since it's a pot and oil based at that, it's likely to go bad faster than other foundations.

Thanks @makeitup305  that helps and thanks for the tip as well. 

I got RMS  for using it more frequently just for spot conceal on my cheeks for hyper-pigmentation but now would be extra vigilant about using it up. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 43 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • 7404DFA4-5C20-4606-9116-5DEB6117BC38.jpeg
  • 9779D8CB-3E9D-4C1F-8349-4C3685F8777F.jpeg
testing