Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara Smudging Under Eyes!

Hello, I have a current mascara problem that I have not been able to remedy for the life of me! 

I've tried so many mascaras and under eye concealers, and without fail, my mascara finds its way to smudge itself under my eye, making my dark circles multiply! 

Anyone have any suggestions? I even use a setting powder on top of my concealer. Was using the Bye Bye Under Eye by IT cosmetics, and recently switched to NARS, and still see the mascara! I recently purchased the Marc Jacobs Velvet mascara and that smeared and smudged like the rest of them. Don't wanna use waterproof but may have to give that a shot to fix this issue! Suggestions? 

RE: Mascara Smudging Under Eyes!

I had the same issue, I use the blinc amplified mascara. It is a tube mascara so there is ZERO chance of smudging. Even waterproof mascara still smudges. This mascara won't come off until you wash off your makeup with water (not even a makeup wipe with remove it) It will look like all your lashes are falling out but they aren't don't worry!

Re: Mascara Smudging Under Eyes!

I actually don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes, but my mom has this problem and uses a waterproof mascara from Lancôme.

I highly recommend the Clinique bottom lash mascara for bottom lashes. I find it eliminates the problem completely for me.

Dior Show waterproof is a great mascara that gives you full,natural lashes and has never flaked or smear like other mascara. Hope you find one.

@Sammygsando Try a mascara top coat. I use NYX's Proof It! Mascara Top Coat and it works quite well, I've never had a mascara run/smudge on me since using this. Make sure you have a good eye makeup remover, though.

I used to stick with waterproof/tubing mascaras only, but since purchasing the top coat, I use whatever mascara I want without issues.

Oh, I'm going to have to try this. Thanks, @k617!

maybe try a pressed powder over the loose powder if you don't already! it could just be the mascara though.

Anonymous Insider

Tubing mascara is the only thing that doesn't give me panda eyes. I like Blinc which is sold at Sephora.

RE: Mascara Smudging Under Eyes!

I have the same issue, no matter what I do I always have smudges!! I use waterproof mascara, I put translucent powder under my eyes and still!

Have you tried putting primer under your eyes and setting it with a bit of translucent powder? I find that helps a lot. I also like Benefit Roller Lash and Cover Girl Super Sizer for non-waterproof mascaras that don't move. If you ever want to go waterproof, my bestie has the same issue as you and swears by Dior Overcurl waterproof and Chanel Inimitable waterproof. I can vouch for the latter- I went extreme speedboating, got totally soaked, and my mascara stayed on!

Awesome! Thank you for all the recommendations! I always wanted to try a Dior or Chanel mascara, and it's better to know beforehand which do not smear. 

I love the better than sex mascara! No smudges what so ever

Same issue since forever. The only mascara I've ever found that does not smudge is Benefit's They're Real. Prior to finding this, I had to use waterproof. Using an eye lash curler also helps - my lashes grow straight and do not curl on their own. Hope this helps!

I've never tried the They're Real mascara! I'll give the sample size a try! Thank you! 

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing