Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Makeup storage

How do u all store ur makeup x

RE: Makeup storage

I have a big desk with some drawers on one side in which I keep: hair brushes, hair elastics, cotton swabs, face creams, and some other small things. I bought a large 4 drawer plastic bin that I keep underneath my desk that I keep things like: eyeliners, eye primers, single shadows, makeup sponges, fake lashes, contour kits, single highlighters, blushes, bronzers, face and body glitters, setting powder, my hair dryer, curling wand, and hair straightener. On top of my desk I have an acrylic organizer and a spinning organizer, both from Bed Bath & Beyond. In those I keep: lipsticks, mascaras, highlighters, small eyeshadow palettes, setting sprays, foundations, powder foundation, primers, glitter eyeliners, and brow products. I have decorative cups to keep my makeup brushes in. I have a shelf for my perfume. And I have two letter organizers I bought from HomeSense (Canadian version of Home Goods) that I use for my bigger eyeshadow and highlighter palettes. I have a shelf in a corner of my bedroom, which is not pictured... in which I keep more lipsticks, lip balms and backups of products I'm almost out of.

Re: Makeup storage

LOVING all of your beauty spaces! I don't have much space now but once my kid moves out (she's already 18), I'll be turning her room into a beauty room so I'm taking notes for now! 😉

I have a spinning organizer for the bulk of my skin care....

I have a spinning organizer for the bulk of my skin care. I labeled each section so it's easy to find what I'm looking for. The top of the spinning organizer has frequently used products that aren't every day products; its a lot of lip balms and scrubs, primers I sometimes use, mascaras and eye liners that are open but not my every day, etc.

I have two lipstick organizers, one for taller lipsticks like liquid lips and a honeycomb one for lipstick tubes. The taller lipstick organizer is sitting on a small set of three drawers; they're hard to get to, so I put all the instruction sheets and look books from mostly palettes, since I want to keep those but don't use them often.

My palettes are standing up in two letter holders and leaning against my wall for big palettes. Small palettes are all standing up in the box from smashbox's holiday set last year. At the very front, I have a organizer for my every day make up. My eye brushes live in the cup in that organizer; I also have a cup for face brushes that isn't pictured. A few things in the every day organizer aren't actually every day items; they're just items that don't fit anywhere else (the grind house sharpener and benefit concealer fall in this category). Bottles that stand up (so foundations and setting sprays) are off to the side of the every day organizer.

All the clear acrylic organizers and the white spinning one are from Amazon. The letter holders are from an office supply store(maybe staples, but I'm sure any office supply store has them). The gold mug and my not - pictured large brushes holder both came from TJ Maxx.I've slowly acquired the pieces of storage as my collection has grown; I used to be able to fit pretty much everything in just the spinning organizer and one letter holder 😓 But I love that nothing is in drawers or hidden. It makes it much easier to see what I have and made sure I'm using what I have. I'm trying to limit how much more I bring into my collection; I'm already at the limit of what I can easily store and show off!

I'm happy to chase down links to any of the organizers I bought on Amazon if anyone wants them!

RE: I have a spinning organizer for the bulk of my skin care....

Love you lippie organizer where did you get it ?
Anonymous Insider

Badly! Lol. I have 3 stackable drawers with 3 drawers in each and they are stuffed to the gills. I have my collection separated by: lips, cheeks, eyeliner and mascara, face products i.e. Foundation and primer, skincare, eyeshadow, fragrances, masks and prescription acne treatments, beauty sponges and brushes.

I just finally straightened and organized my makeup area!

I just finally straightened and organized my makeup area!

Re: I just finally straightened and organized my makeup area!

Wow, what a lovely space you have! It looks like everything is right at hand, too. 

Thanks. Sometimes I have all my Sephora samples that I'm...

Thanks. Sometimes I have all my Sephora samples that I'm trying out on my counter that cludders it up. I just recently purchased that holder for my palettes at the TJ Maxx Home Goods store. It's for drying dishes, but it has 8 slots with 2 of my palettes fitting in each slot. I love it. I can see all my palettes so I rotate using them more!

I have several Muji organizers; they really hold a lot!  I also like that I am able to store my makeup by brand in these, since I remember the items better that way.

RE: Re: Makeup storage

Is that A file folder holder that I see with your pallets in it? That is a super creative idea if it is what I think it is!!

Here’s my vanity: My brushes are in a pen/pencil organizer and my palettes are in a letter organizer, both from Target. The glass trays in my vanity are from Target as well. My Beauty Blender holder is from Amazon. My eye makeup stuff is just a glass candle holder. Since the photos were taken, I’ve added dividers to them for easy access. I’ve moved my lipsticks to a tray inside my vanity; this helped with the dividers as well. I’ve also added a tray for my daily skincare stuff.

Love your setup ! Wow!!

Wow I'm very impressed!! Just absolutely beautiful.

Re: RE: Makeup storage

shelbitas wrote:
Here’s my vanity: My brushes are in a pen/pencil organizer and my palettes are in a letter organizer, both from Target. The glass trays in my vanity are from Target as well. My Beauty Blender holder is from Amazon. My eye makeup stuff is just a glass candle holder. Since the photos were taken, I’ve added dividers to them for easy access. I’ve moved my lipsticks to a tray inside my vanity; this helped with the dividers as well. I’ve also added a tray for my daily skincare stuff.

WOW! Can you say goals? This is amazing.

Anonymous Insider

I can't get over this your simplicity and clean colors just make this such a bright space I'm in love. ❤️

@shelbitas I absolutely love your makeup space! That letter organizer is really pretty. 

I love the letter organizer for your palettes, such a great idea! Can I ask you what kind of trays and dividers you have inside your vanity? I have a ton of stuff and it's such a mess I'm really looking for great ideas like yours to help my small space be more useful. Thanks!

The tray for my lipsticks is just a basic vanity tray that I also got from Amazon: 

The other trays I have are matching ones to my palette holder that I found at Home Goods. Honestly, even just drawer organizer will work wonders!!

So cute! ❤️ I love that beauty blender holder! Good ideas!
Conversation Stats
Photos13
testing