Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup for beginners

I’m 14 and getting into makeup but I don’t want my friends and people I know to see a sudden change; What are subtle yet pretty makeup products that are good quality and last a while?

I wanna start with just blush, lip gloss (I already do this), mascara, and concealer. Is that good?

Tysmm ❤️

Re: Makeup for beginners

Those are all great! The only thing I might consider adding to that is a primer to help with any texture, oiliness or moisture you may need or even going with a very lightly tinted SPF. To hide any texture things labeled "blurring" are great. If you want a little color correction Smashbox also has a great line of primers with lots of options to improve the appearance of your skin without foundation.

You may also want to consider powder depending on your skin type, loose powder is great for just setting concealer if you don't get too oily but if you do I would consider a presed powder compact for touch ups throughout the day even if you don't use concealer.

Pulling off concealer on the sly can sometimes be difficult. Make sure if you're using it under eye you stick to creamier formulas and use more matte formulas if you're wanting to touch up any spots. And, like I said, primer will also really help your concealer products blend naturally.

I think the best way to think about makeup when you're younger or want to stick to fewer products is to consider what features on your face you love and work on enhancing what you've got. Liquid blushes are often the most natural and it sounds like you've got your gloss game down. Those two and a swipe of mascara can be a great way to start even without concealer (just be sure to go light on the mascara and try using a mascara curler if you can, the curl alone will really help). Tinted lib balms can be a fun way to go too if you want an alternative to gloss.

Let us see how it goes! There are so many good people in this community to ask for advice as you move forward and looking through the gallery of photos can also be a great way to see what kind of products others who have the look you want are using to guide your product choices.

Tyy that was rly helpful ❤️❤️

Agreed 💯 @PDXXXX @beginnersmakeup 

Also, just gave me a 💭 🤔

ETA: Sephora Six: Back to Basics 

@danielledanielle thank you, thank you. By the way @beginnersmakeup , Danielle is making me realize one of the funnest ways to learn how to apply makeup or try different trends is to find some of the makeup challenges posted by people like her - I follow her Cheek Challenge Fall 2024: Fall Flushing Forward in the Cheeky Cheeks group and learn so much from them and what products work for different people. There are some really great blush tips if you visit that challenge alone that might help you 🙂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing