Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Basics

Hello! I am new to using makeup and I see a bunch of different people using all different things... What are the basics that I need to have? I find this difficult because I have freckles that I don't want to cover up, but I have bags under my eyes that I would like to hide. I have fair skin with no problems, but I just want to look better on a daily basis.

Tags:

Makeup Basics

You'll win the day with a little concealer for the darkness! Try to find a concealer with undertones that will correct the darkness--generally a pink or coral undertone should do the trick. NARS has lots of options, but for something cheaper you can try the MILK Makeup Flex Concealer orUrban Decay's Naked Concealer. I also find that a good brow really makes me look put together! I use the MILK Makeup Kush Fibre Brow.

Re: Makeup Basics

The basics differ by person, but most people cover their bases with a moisturizer, sunscreen, and something to even or brighten skin tone. I’ve tried everything because I have sensitive and highly reactive skin, so let me save you some time! If you are looking for light coverage, try a tinted sunscreen like Ilia. That won’t conceal your freckles, and it’s buildable coverage that moisturizers and protects from sun damage at the same time - because it has niaciminide, squalane, and hyaluronic acid in it. If you don’t want any tint, there are also sunscreens that double as primers, like Lancôme’s UV Expert. The primer basically erases your pores and helps prevent any makeup you apply over it from slipping. For undereyes, the trick is to use a brighter, almost peachy shade to counteract the dark circles. NARS radiant creamy concealer is a great place to start, and that is also buildable so you don’t erase your freckles.

@Anyakonop 

There are no basics you need to have, it really depends on your personal preference & the look you are going for. 😉

Not sure bags are easy to hide with make-up but maybe try a light concealer, as already mentioned, & some depuffing product for your eyes to help to reduce the bags maybe at least a little.

I think that a lightweight concealer is the way to go! I use the maybelline instant age rewind one and it's really good.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing