Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

January 2019 Favorites

Hey, y'all!  We used to have monthly favorites threads on BT where we could highlight our favorite new or tried and true faves from the month.  I haven't seen these recently, so I thought I'd re-start the tradition!

Here are my faves from January 2019:

013019 January faves.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Jouer Rose Gold Blush Bouquet:  Absolutely stunning!
2.  Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:  I've tried samples and they were o.k., but I am so glad I took the plunge on the full-size! 
3.  Live Beautifully Moonstone Lip Glitz:  Up Box sent me this because it was missing from my January box and it is gorgeous!  And has a mirror on the tube!
4.  Ofra Rodeo Drive Highlighter:  Almost on par with ABH Amrezy!!!  I got this i my January Ipsy Glambag Plus, but had actually just purchased from Ulta - so I gave one to my daughter and we're both in love!
5.  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Barriair Cream:  It is a delight to use!  Thank you again to Sephora for sending this to me!
6.  YAPA Nail Polish in Tamra: It's my name, y'all (minus an "A", but still!) - this was gifted to me by the brand and it is beautiful!
7.  Purely Posh Vanilla Almond Body Butter:  This was in my January Up Box
8.  Ahhh Sugar Sugar Warm Flannel Sugar Slushie:  Amazing Body Scrub!!!!!
9.  Voluspa Rose Petal Ice Cream Macaron Candle from my beautiful friend,   
10.  Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil:  Thank you again, Sephora! โค๏ธ
11. Herbivore Jasmine Body Oil:  Much needed this winter!
12.  Pixi Rose Glow Mist:  Smells heavenly and provides a lovely pick me up!  Gifted by the brand
13.  Murad Multi-Vitamin Infusion Oil:  This was in my January Ipsy Glambag Plus and I am loving it soooooo much!!!
14.  R + Co. High Dive:  This is awesome for smoothing my hair and giving it a little moisture boost!
15.  Dermelect Revitalite Professional Eyelid & Dark Circle Corrector: OMG - This feels soooo good under my eyes - it has a metal applicator and it is soooo rich and luxe!  Gifted by the brand
16.  Panacea Aegis Daily Facial Cleanser:  It smells like roses, deep cleanses and also moisturizes - soooo good!  Also gifted by the brand
17.  California Pure Naturals Dual Action Scrub:  This stuff literally smells like blackberries - the first whiff reminded me of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little.  It is a creamy exfoliator, so it won't give you a deep exfoliation, but will still give you glowy, smoother skin - Also gifted by the brand 

Please share your January faves, too!  Can't wait to see them!!!! 

Re: January 2019 Favorites

I donโ€™t have pictures cause Iโ€™m not home but products that stood out for me in February were:

wander flash focus foundation stick

aerin lilac path perfume

anna Sui lip treatment pen

@Tamara76 ,

This is a great Thread!  I love it!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Now we need a February 2019 Favorites Thread.

@tsavorite  Yes, I plan to start one at the end of the month. โค๏ธ

Yaaaay!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thank you @Tamara76! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•

I've been traveling quite a bit this year, and going from cold to warm climates, my skin has been a wreck. So, my favorites for January are products that are moisturizing and/or travel friendly. 

LANCER - The Method: Nourish

SHISEIDO - Essentialist Eye Palette - Miyuki Street Nudes

BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Balm

Shiseido VisionAiry Gel Lipstick Streaming Mauve

Chanel Palette Essentielle in 150 Beige Clair

54526B7B-F7A6-4AF9-94E7-1EDB9F3091C6.jpeg

Great pic @txcatx! Is it weird that the first thing I spotted was that shell and smudge stick? ๐Ÿ˜„

What a beautiful pic, @txcatx !!!   I am loving the Bite Agave Lip Balm, too! โค๏ธ

@txcatx travel friendly products are always good to have on hand. That Chanel palette is  a beauty and so convenient to have on hand, traveling or otherwise. Love the formula on the Shiseido lipstick! ๐Ÿ’–

Iโ€™ve been eyeing the shadow palette @txcatx. It looks like something that could be a good daily palette.

@eshoe I love how slim and sturdy the Shiseido palettes are. I got a couple of the Natasha Denona mini palettes thinking they would be great for travel, but they seem quite a bit more fragile--so much that I dropped one in the box on carpet, and one of the shadows shattered. So, definitely not travel-friendly! Though for an upcoming big trip, I think I'm going to just pack a few of the Laura Mercier Caviar eyeshadow sticks...

Ah thank you @txcatx! Their formulas are always nice, appreciate the info๐Ÿ˜‰

@Tamara76  -- Love it!

For January, after a brief bumpy into into sleep masks I absolutely adore Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml

Ohhhhh I haven't tried this one, @MCSSavvy , but I adore Youth to the People! โค๏ธ

@MCSSavvy, itโ€™s nice to have a go to sleeping mask; very happy to hear this one is working well for you. Itโ€™s on my list. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks, @itsfi !  The tips everyone, including you, gave really helped me with the learning curve.  I definitely recommend it!   

@MCSSavvy  This is on my shopping list, but I'm making myself wait either until the next sale, or until I finish a mask (I have so many) Whichever comes first ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Me too @MCSSavvy , me too๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ!!

It wasnโ€™t intentional, but it seems that my January favorites have a pink and green look to them. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'm sure I had a couple of favorites among my sheet masks but I didn't think to keep hold of them; will try to remember to do that this month.

IMG_4430.JPG

Spoiler
  1. Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil โ€“ I received this as part of the holiday gratis box and it was one of my favorites last month. โ€œDeep Moisture Glow Oilโ€ is the perfect name for this product. I use this oil alone or mixed in with my moisturizer; either way, it leaves my skin nicely hydrated and moisturized, and gives it a nice glow too.
  2. Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask โ€“ I received a 10-day supply of this last year from Glow Recipe and ended up purchasing the full size half way through the 10-day testing period. Itโ€™s light and creamy at the same time and works really well to moisturize my otherwise dehydrated-dry skin overnight. It should work for all skin types in the winter, but I can see this being too creamy and moisturizing for normal, oily or combination skin year round.
  3. Riviera Large Faux Fur Twister - Pink hair scrunchie โ€“ this was a gift from @eshoeโ€™s amazing daughter (thank you!!) and I love this. It holds and keeps all my hair out of my face when Iโ€™m masking, when Iโ€™m out for a walk, when โ€ฆ for everything. I love it so much that Iโ€™ve purchased a couple more, in different colors โ€“ this one sits with my sheet masks, I have one that stays in my bag, and one that I leave in the car.
  4. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water โ€“ when it comes to micellar waters, this is THE ONE for me.
  5. Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Masks (Unscented) โ€“ these are amazing. I never want to be without them. Ever.
  6. AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel โ€“  this peel is probably my favorite of all the AP products I've used. It's gentle but effective; a little goes a long way and thereโ€™s a lot of product in this DS; I can only imagine how much product is in a full size. 
  7. Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask - I first learned of this product when I received it as a gift from @mermadelove . This is an amazing product and has done so much to help me with periodic breakouts. I finished the one I was gifted and this is my second tube.
  8. Neogen Dermology Real Fresh Foam Cleanser (Green Tea) โ€“ I finished this bottle last month and it was definitely a favorite โ€“ cleanses without stripping my skin or leaving it tight and dry. This works nicely as a second cleanser or a morning cleanser. I have a few other cleansers Iโ€™m trying out at the moment, but I plan to pick up another one of these bottles during the spring sale.

Thank you @Tamara76 for starting this thread. That Voluspa candle sounds amazing and the Jouer blush duo is so pretty! Looking forward to seeing everyone's favorites! ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi ,

I enjoyed your reviews!  Thank you.

Thank you @tsavorite! ๐Ÿ’– I think this thread and other monthly favorite threads will be good for for tracking what products I like and why. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 013019 January faves.jpg
  • IMG_0832.JPG
  • IMG_4430.JPG
  • 54526B7B-F7A6-4AF9-94E7-1EDB9F3091C6.jpeg
testing