Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

January 2019 Favorites

Hey, y'all!  We used to have monthly favorites threads on BT where we could highlight our favorite new or tried and true faves from the month.  I haven't seen these recently, so I thought I'd re-start the tradition!

Here are my faves from January 2019:

013019 January faves.jpg

Spoiler
1.  Jouer Rose Gold Blush Bouquet:  Absolutely stunning!
2.  Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer:  I've tried samples and they were o.k., but I am so glad I took the plunge on the full-size! 
3.  Live Beautifully Moonstone Lip Glitz:  Up Box sent me this because it was missing from my January box and it is gorgeous!  And has a mirror on the tube!
4.  Ofra Rodeo Drive Highlighter:  Almost on par with ABH Amrezy!!!  I got this i my January Ipsy Glambag Plus, but had actually just purchased from Ulta - so I gave one to my daughter and we're both in love!
5.  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Barriair Cream:  It is a delight to use!  Thank you again to Sephora for sending this to me!
6.  YAPA Nail Polish in Tamra: It's my name, y'all (minus an "A", but still!) - this was gifted to me by the brand and it is beautiful!
7.  Purely Posh Vanilla Almond Body Butter:  This was in my January Up Box
8.  Ahhh Sugar Sugar Warm Flannel Sugar Slushie:  Amazing Body Scrub!!!!!
9.  Voluspa Rose Petal Ice Cream Macaron Candle from my beautiful friend,   
10.  Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil:  Thank you again, Sephora! ❤️
11. Herbivore Jasmine Body Oil:  Much needed this winter!
12.  Pixi Rose Glow Mist:  Smells heavenly and provides a lovely pick me up!  Gifted by the brand
13.  Murad Multi-Vitamin Infusion Oil:  This was in my January Ipsy Glambag Plus and I am loving it soooooo much!!!
14.  R + Co. High Dive:  This is awesome for smoothing my hair and giving it a little moisture boost!
15.  Dermelect Revitalite Professional Eyelid & Dark Circle Corrector: OMG - This feels soooo good under my eyes - it has a metal applicator and it is soooo rich and luxe!  Gifted by the brand
16.  Panacea Aegis Daily Facial Cleanser:  It smells like roses, deep cleanses and also moisturizes - soooo good!  Also gifted by the brand
17.  California Pure Naturals Dual Action Scrub:  This stuff literally smells like blackberries - the first whiff reminded me of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little.  It is a creamy exfoliator, so it won't give you a deep exfoliation, but will still give you glowy, smoother skin - Also gifted by the brand 

Please share your January faves, too!  Can't wait to see them!!!! 

Re: January 2019 Favorites

Nice picks, @itsfi !  I am also loving the Emerald Oil and I finally got a sample of the avocado mask - so excited to try it! ❤️

@Tamara76 the Emerald Oil is so good! 💚Really liking how it keeps my skin moisturized this winter. I like the creaminess of the Acocado Melt sleeping mask; helps moisturize my dry skin overnight.

@itsfi I totally agree about both!!!!💕💕💕

@itsfi Love these! I have been wanting to try the GLOW RECIPE - Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask.Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT, I love the creamy texture of the Avocado Melt - it absorbs so nicely and leaves my skin soft, smooth and moisturized in the morning. 😃

love your favs @itsfi might be partial to the heated eye...

love your favs @itsfi might be partial to the heated eye mask, avacado melt and bioderma 😍

Re: love your favs @itsfi might be partial to the heated eye...

@lmaster, I have a feeling the steam eye mask and Bioderma will be making repeat appearances on the monthly favorites list! 😃 The avocado 🥑 melt is perfect 👌🏼 for my skin this winter.  💚

Even your favorites are aesthetically pleasing @itsfi, you set the bar high🤩 And...oh my, is she going to be tickled pink to see you like the faux fur band🥰!!! What a fun thread @Tamara76 , can’t wait to chime in!

Awww, that’s so sweet to say @eshoe! 🥰 It worked out last month; we’ll see what next month’s favorites will be. A few from January will still be on the list I’m sure, but if that’s the case, I’ll just list them. That ponytail holder is amazing! 💖 I went into the store to see if I could find them, but the one near me does not stock the brand, so online order it was!! 😃

Some things that are new to me that I'm loving are The Hourglass Vivid Flush Blush and Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL

IMG_0832.JPG

I used the original version the cleanser and I prefer this reformulated version much more. It's an opaque cream vs the OG being more of a jelly with a translucency to it. I found the original harder to spread, because the formula would thicken and go bad so quickly. This one spreads so easy and sticks to the skin really nicely, so I don't need much. I use it in the a.m. so I don't know how it does with taking off makeup, but this is going to be my replacement for Purity Made Simple now that it's been reformulated. The Hourglass is just so pretty, it's a nice pink on me that isn't too bright (I'm super pale) My pic doesn't do it any justice. It's more pink with darker purple swirls, and my pic makes it look so red.

@suzyo ,

You are definitely elevating my interest  in both of these products. 

Thank you for the photo and the descriptions/reviews.

That blush is so beautiful!   @suzyo 

@suzyo  -- My lunar blush just arrived.  You are right, the photo doesn't do justice - it looks beautiful in the package.  I love HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Blush Collection - Ethereal Glow .

Granted, horrid migraine today but I couldn't wait to swatch and it seems more pigmented than Etheral Glow.  Looking forward to your thoughts!

@MCSSavvy  I use a light hand with it, but I love it as much as the blush palette I have by Hourglass. It blends easy and is luminous but not glittery. I'm glad you finally got yours!

@suzyo I LOVE the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL

I have found it to be so calming on my skin. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

both of these look wonderful @suzyo

both of these look wonderful @suzyo

@suzyo, the reformulated version sounds good. 🙂 I had a love-hate relationship with the old formula. I may have to give the new one a try this year. 

@suzyo  I love your choices!! Hourglass blushes are so pretty and this one is no exception!! Glad you're liking the cleanser.😊

@suzyo  Is this the Year of the Pig blush?

@alexasteph  Yes, it is 😁

@suzyo  Such a cool shade... might need to pick it up myself! 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 013019 January faves.jpg
  • IMG_0832.JPG
  • IMG_4430.JPG
  • 54526B7B-F7A6-4AF9-94E7-1EDB9F3091C6.jpeg
testing