Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

JULY 2017 FAVORITES !!

man, what a month. we got a new community, we got so many new (amazing) launches, we got excited about our favorites.

this month was a big lip month for me ! i was really into a spectrum of bright pink to burgundy, usually paired with a sludgy eye. no skincare faves this month as my routine hasn't budged !

july faves !july faves !

it's long winded this month, so i've put everything in a spoiler. can't wait to hear what everyone has been into this month !

Spoiler
  • CLARINS instant light lip comfort oil, candy. i actually meant to put this in last months favorites, and forgot ! but my love for it has stayed firm through this month. it's just a pleasure--so comfortable, the massive doe foot applicator is plush and feels so nice. i could wear it any time, but i enjoy putting it on before bed and waking up with smooth moisturized lips with a leftover pink tint (the 'candy' color has that pH adapting tint--like the DIOR lip glow). it is just a little sticky, but in that way that feels like it's binding to your lips; it's not uncomfortable.
  • NARS powermatte lip pigments, warm leatherette (bright berry) & under my thumb (burgundy). what a launch ! i thought it was pretty much over the liquid lip thing, but nope. i adore this formula. the formula is so flexible, which i think is key to why this one is a bit different. i can reapply it after eating without a problem. it seems to plump my lips rather than turn them into a cat butt. and these two colors are SO AMAZING. 
  • BITE LLLR "hall of famer". what a glorious color. every time i've worn it i've had strangers ask me what my lipstick is. if that's not an endorsement of awesomeness, i don't know what is !
  • URBAN DECAY single eyeshadow, lounge. when @ShannonAlexis wore a red eye look in @TopazBeth's 'challenge yourself' thread, i noticed a slight green/red shift in the center of her eye. IT WAS A REVELATION ! i bought lounge--which looks more green in the pan but the red shift really shows on the lid--that day. 
  • MELT gunmetal stack. this was a gift and i'm so very grateful ! these are very glittery, but i find on my eye they give a very wet look (rather than glitter barbie) which i've been absolutely loving. my favorite colors from the stack are the brownish grey 'industrial' and the matte taupe 'assimilate'. i use the glittery shades both all over the lid or as smudgy liner. love.
  • NYX faux white eyeliner, linen. these are BRILLIANT waterline eyeliners. i want more. linen is a pinky peach. stays on, instantly brightening.
  • NARS narsissist lip glide set, rapture & burning love. i was so stoked when i saw this set because they're the exact colors i'd been wanting in the velvet lip glide formula. i haven't had a chance to use every color from the 5-piece set, but i keep reaching for these two. rapture is a bright (but not too bright) pinky peach nude. burning love looks quite red in the tube, but on my lips looks like a juicy berry (similar to the AMAZING givenchy 100 pt perk lipstick this month). 
  • IGK low key walnut hair scalp scrub. i was given this gratis from sephora and i'm just adoring it. i do not use shampoo with sulfates, and this is a perfect supplement in my routine for when i need something with a bit of cleaning oomph. it feels so so good--i love using it when my scalp feels sore after a day of having my hair. and my hair always looks fresh and clean after using it too. it's a bit drying but i just rectify this by using it on the same days i use my hair mask.
  • DIPTYQUE eau duelle EDP. a fragrance that smells of milky black tea and vanilla. you know what bliss is ? bliss is when you're wearing this while drinking a cup of milky black tea. (or, more specifically, black tea with vanilla almond milk !). i imagine this is one of my forever fragrances, i'll never be without it (so long as i can afford it !).

Re: JULY 2017 FAVORITES !!

Loving all the things that make dealing with the heat easier.  Love the invisibobble for putting my hair in a bun for the pool. Others:Caudalie's eye balm, instant detox mask, moisture sorbet. Verb ghost oil, viktor and Rolf flower bomb, bare minerals powder, laura mercier caviar sticks in moonstone and khaki and the new flawless fusion foundation.  Last but not least wander beauty lipstick in barely there. 

IMG_5116.JPG

I have been rather apathetic about beauty in July so don't have much to contribute, but my two faves were the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Instant Look palettes in Seductive Beauty and Beauty Glow. The colors are nothing too exciting, but the very well coordinated neutrals make applying makeup so easy 🙂 Being enamored with these two, I have also ordered the first Instant Look palette.

I am also enjoying using the Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator mist. I am not sure it is extra hydrating (the Amore Pacific Mist seems to do a better job) but the super fine mist and marshmallowy scent make it a nice mood booster.

Lastly, the Kiehls Original Musk perfume was an impulse purchase, and I am enjoying it on its own or layered over other scents. It strikes a nice balance between laundry and animalic musk, and reminds me of the Bodyshop musk perfume that I loved in the early 2000s.

Yay, July favorites!

I have been so busy this month!  I've generally been super lazy and leaving the house with only my skincare, foundation, and a spritz of beachy perfume done.  Then, I just put on a bit of mascara, brows, and doubling up lipstick as blush. Except for the full size fragrances, most of this stuff lives in my purse and gets thrown on in 5 minutes in the car.  I don't see things easing up much the rest of the month, but I did have a little time off today to poke around my makeup and catch up here. Love 

IMG_0611.JPG

@sister13 such beautiful things ! that dior lip color looks very pretty. is it sheer ?

I really love these Dior Lacquer sticks. They are pretty versatile actually, you can apply sheer or more opaque. They wear much better than most moisturizing formulas last on me. With these, I get several hours of wear, and they leave a nice stain as they wear off.

Anyway, here are some swatches of the two I have, love them both and still thinking about getting a couple more.  This is LA Pink on left, one swipe, then a couple passes from the bullet, then Dark Flower on right, first one pass, then several (with flash, obviously) @jemly

IMG_0707.JPG

Re-posting since my original post disappeared :S

I could re-type out my reasons for why I chose these items, but I'm not gonna. Any questions, please ask 😉

July FavesJuly Faves

Bite Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Demi Glace

Stellar Cosmic Powder in Haze

NARS Fox Dancer and Remember Me Multiples 

Beuti Skincare Beauty Sleep Elixir

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Just What I Needed

NARS Velvet Shadow Stick in Nepal

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Soleil de Pluie

@Mochapj THOSE DAHLIAS *cries*

THANK YOU @jemly for always including the year in your favs thread. Makes it much easier to find!

Short favs list this month; I'd say this month was the month of "keeping everything pretty much the same"

k617's July 2017 Favsk617's July 2017 Favs

Spoiler
The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% - I have been slowly building up to using this once per week or less. The first time I used this back in April, (possibly due to coincidence) a gigantic cyst popped up on my chin days later. This treatment makes my skin visibly brighter, smoother and shrinks the tiny bumps on my face. I like to use this in the PM when feel like my skin could use a little pick me up.

Dry Bar Mai Tai Spritzer - my new fav for turning freshly curled hair into waves. No matter how bad I think my curls look, this product always takes care of things for me. If I don't have my flat iron on hot enough, my hair won't curl, but too hot and I end up with ringlets. So I weigh my hair down with this, comb everything out, then do another pass to set the waves. Love!

MMM Beach Walk - my go to summer scent. I alternate between this with very summery or casual outfits, and Aerin's Mediterranean Honeysuckle for dressier or flowery outfits. I do prefer this one more though!

Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle cream - a newer retinol product in my routine. I use this once every week and find it helps red bumps to go away before they turn into a pimple. Helped flatten what was left of a cheek cyst just recently. Very gentle and I have not reacted to it.

L'Oreal Lash Paradise - still going strong, although as the tube is getting older I find it tends to flake a little by the end of the day. Really, really love this mascara. Will try Lancôme Monsieur Big next!

@k617 ❤️Beach walk ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Here are some of my odds and bobs @jemly. This was fun!

July Faves 2017July Faves 2017

Spoiler

Mostly I rediscovered old favorites this month but a few things are new(er). I'm really enjoying Surratt Duchesse blush, a beautiful pale peach, and venturing more into peach tones in general. Thinking about it more, I was into switching up my blush this month after wearing the same Armani one for a billion consecutive days. I bought Bobbi Brown Maui, a shimmery reddish pink 'bronzer,' and it gives me this glow that makes me feel like a model in a Becca ad. I even got into nude lips this month after hating them on myself for years. An SA in store helped me pick the Armani lip shown, 103 Incognito from the Rouge Ecstasy line. The last thing I was into was hardly any base-- the MUFE concealer with some powder was about all the base I wore in July, which I expect to continue in August since it is HOT here.

Not pictured but should have been: UD x Gwen palette, Tom Ford Opale, Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel, and assorted lip liners.

RE: JULY 2017 FAVORITES !!

I've been looking forward to this thread for a few days @jemly!

It was a NARS heavy month for me in July - they've just been killing it with the new releases lately.

July FavesJuly Faves

Bite Beauty 'Demi Glace' Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick

Such a beautiful milk chocolatey mauve shade and I really enjoy the formula for days when I don't want the heaviness of a traditional lipstick. They cling to the lips really well without feeling sticky or gooey like the BITE Prismatic Glosses do.

Stellar 'Haze' Cosmic Powder

Just the perfect amount of blur. It looks like rice powder in the pot, but has a soft diffusing glow to it which is exactly what I want in a loose powder. I use this to mattify my t-zone for the day.

NARS 'Fox Dancer' & 'Remember Me' Multiples

Continuing my trend this year, I have another Multiple (2, even!) in my faves list this month. I like these both separately or mixed together and the fact that they're 1/4 the size means I may actually finish them. I do feel they aren't quite as opaque as the traditional Multiples, but that's fine with me for summer. Fox Dancer is a glorious red and Remember Me is like a darker (more suitable for my skintone) version of Orgasm.

Beuti Skincare Beauty Sleep Elixir

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this 6 weeks ago but since using it nightly, I've decided that it's a great oil for the summer months. It feels so comfortable on the skin and soaks in immediately. I barely even need to massage it in; my skin just drinks it up. I've also noticed an improvement in my pigmentation and breakouts since I started using it.

NARS 'Just What I Needed' Power Matte Lip Pigment

This *may* be the matte version of Demi-Glace, but regardless, I love this formula as well. It is long wearing, super flexible and ultra pigmented. JWIN is a MLBB for me, and I really like it, and the other few shades I've picked up. I look forward to seeing how they will expand this range over time.

NARS 'Nepal' Velvet Shadow Stick

Nepal in shadow single is one of my favourite NARS eyeshadows, so when I saw they were releasing it in stick form, I was super excited. I feel like this is even better than the shadow singles, because it has a bit more dimension to it. It's a beautiful shade for all over washes of colour for my skintone.

NARS 'Soleil de Pluie' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil 

I picked this up in the 'Tribulation' VMP gift set from Nordies and I'm so glad I decided to go back for it. SdP is a stunning burnt orange/coral - a shade range I've been gravitating toward quite a lot this summer (UD Epigram, NARS Linda, Bite Puree, etc)

Re: RE: JULY 2017 FAVORITES !!

Gorgeous picture! I have been loving the mini multiples from Nordstrom's as well and am crying salty tears that I didn't pick up a back-up set. Remember Me might be my favorite product of the year, it's just the perfect color and texture and wears like a dream. I'm guessing there's no full size out there?

@MissPuff thank you!

Not that I'm aware of, but they have occasionally brought previous LE items back into the permanent range, so you never know...

I do agree with you, though. Remember Me is such a perfect shade, especially for summer!

@Mochapj What a beautiful picture and that flower arrangement is gorgeous.

Thank you @darkiceis!

I can take 0 credit for the flowers; I just have a very talented florist 😄

ETA: I'm not sure where my original post went, but all the replies are still here :S

jemly wrote:

man, what a month. we got a new community, we got so many new (amazing) launches, we got excited about our favorites.

this month was a big lip month for me ! i was really into a spectrum of bright pink to burgundy, usually paired with a sludgy eye. no skincare faves this month as my routine hasn't budged !

july faves !july faves !

it's long winded this month, so i've put everything in a spoiler. can't wait to hear what everyone has been into this month !

Spoiler
  • CLARINS instant light lip comfort oil, candy. i actually meant to put this in last months favorites, and forgot ! but my love for it has stayed firm through this month. it's just a pleasure--so comfortable, the massive doe foot applicator is plush and feels so nice. i could wear it any time, but i enjoy putting it on before bed and waking up with smooth moisturized lips with a leftover pink tint (the 'candy' color has that pH adapting tint--like the DIOR lip glow). it is just a little sticky, but in that way that feels like it's binding to your lips; it's not uncomfortable.
  • NARS powermatte lip pigments, warm leatherette (bright berry) & under my thumb (burgundy). what a launch ! i thought it was pretty much over the liquid lip thing, but nope. i adore this formula. the formula is so flexible, which i think is key to why this one is a bit different. i can reapply it after eating without a problem. it seems to plump my lips rather than turn them into a cat butt. and these two colors are SO AMAZING. 
  • BITE LLLR "hall of famer". what a glorious color. every time i've worn it i've had strangers ask me what my lipstick is. if that's not an endorsement of awesomeness, i don't know what is !
  • URBAN DECAY single eyeshadow, lounge. when @ShannonAlexis wore a red eye look in @TopazBeth's 'challenge yourself' thread, i noticed a slight green/red shift in the center of her eye. IT WAS A REVELATION ! i bought lounge--which looks more green in the pan but the red shift really shows on the lid--that day. 
  • MELT gunmetal stack. this was a gift and i'm so very grateful ! these are very glittery, but i find on my eye they give a very wet look (rather than glitter barbie) which i've been absolutely loving. my favorite colors from the stack are the brownish grey 'industrial' and the matte taupe 'assimilate'. i use the glittery shades both all over the lid or as smudgy liner. love.
  • NYX faux white eyeliner, linen. these are BRILLIANT waterline eyeliners. i want more. linen is a pinky peach. stays on, instantly brightening.
  • NARS narsissist lip glide set, rapture & burning love. i was so stoked when i saw this set because they're the exact colors i'd been wanting in the velvet lip glide formula. i haven't had a chance to use every color from the 5-piece set, but i keep reaching for these two. rapture is a bright (but not too bright) pinky peach nude. burning love looks quite red in the tube, but on my lips looks like a juicy berry (similar to the AMAZING givenchy 100 pt perk lipstick this month). 
  • IGK low key walnut hair scalp scrub. i was given this gratis from sephora and i'm just adoring it. i do not use shampoo with sulfates, and this is a perfect supplement in my routine for when i need something with a bit of cleaning oomph. it feels so so good--i love using it when my scalp feels sore after a day of having my hair. and my hair always looks fresh and clean after using it too. it's a bit drying but i just rectify this by using it on the same days i use my hair mask.
  • DIPTYQUE eau duelle EDP. a fragrance that smells of milky black tea and vanilla. you know what bliss is ? bliss is when you're wearing this while drinking a cup of milky black tea. (or, more specifically, black tea with vanilla almond milk !). i imagine this is one of my forever fragrances, i'll never be without it (so long as i can afford it !).

@jemly, I was waiting to see who would include #HOF in their favorites! I honestly love that lipstick! But I only wore it twice. It is definitely a look for me. I need to go out more; it's a little much for work. 

I always look forward to this thread @jemly!

I was feeling very positive about things this month.  Lots of favorites! IMG_0830.JPG

Notes in spoiler:

Spoiler
-11Huesday DeSpot Luminosity: I just love this so much. It's been a staple in my morning all month. 
- Bite Hall of Famer: it's such a good color! That is, if you want to be seen from space. Which I do. 
- Bite Cava: I've been working on more intense eye looks, and Cava is an interesting neutral companion. 
- Stila Dore: when I first bought this months ago it seemed to metallic/glittery. If I wear it over balm it's perfect!
- Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse: I've rediscovered my love for the scent and have been using it all over my body after dry brushing and shower. 
- Laura Geller baked highliter duo in French Vanilla / Portofino: right now I'm really into Portofino on the cheekbones. 
- Josh Rosebrook Ethereal: all natural and smells like falling in love. 
- Butter Glazen eye in Oil Slick: for playing mermaid.
- Farmacy Sleep Tight: I bought this on a whim and have ended up loving it! It's a very oily texture, a little goes a long way but it's very soothing on sun and wind abused skin. I have been using it with my quartz facial roller at night. 

I love that NUXE oil ❤️

fairlywell wrote:

I always look forward to this thread @jemly!

I was feeling very positive about things this month.  Lots of favorites! IMG_0830.JPG

Notes in spoiler:

Spoiler
-11Huesday DeSpot Luminosity: I just love this so much. It's been a staple in my morning all month. 
- Bite Hall of Famer: it's such a good color! That is, if you want to be seen from space. Which I do. 
- Bite Cava: I've been working on more intense eye looks, and Cava is an interesting neutral companion. 
- Stila Dore: when I first bought this months ago it seemed to metallic/glittery. If I wear it over balm it's perfect!
- Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse: I've rediscovered my love for the scent and have been using it all over my body after dry brushing and shower. 
- Laura Geller baked highliter duo in French Vanilla / Portofino: right now I'm really into Portofino on the cheekbones. 
- Josh Rosebrook Ethereal: all natural and smells like falling in love. 
- Butter Glazen eye in Oil Slick: for playing mermaid.
- Farmacy Sleep Tight: I bought this on a whim and have ended up loving it! It's a very oily texture, a little goes a long way but it's very soothing on sun and wind abused skin. I have been using it with my quartz facial roller at night. 

Another #HOF lipstick in favorites! It was a great color on you! 

I was actually looking for this thread yesterday @jemly!

Makeup has taken a backseat the last few months (read I haven't really been wearing anything) O.O

but starting a new job this month, I've felt the need to reach for some of my skincare and play with with blushes and the TF highlighting duo. 

Still love the TF bronzer blush, and what's more fun than a new perfume?

lastly - Koh Gen Do makeup wipes. A total luxury, but I never feel like my face is clean (if I've worn makeup) without using these :x. 

IMG_6537.JPG

Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 107 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos12
  • july faves !
  • IMG_3286.JPG
  • IMG_2179.JPG
  • IMG_6537.JPG
  • IMG_0830.JPG
  • July Faves