Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Help! I'm so cakey and melting

I posted about about this before and now I'm really really not sure what to do! I've changed my foundation from Fenty to NARS, my setting powder from Fenty to Tarte Smooth Operator and Charlotte Tilberry, and my moisturizer from oily to oil free. I use Too Faced Peach matte primer, Dr. Brandts pore no more and Laura Mercier. and still its melting into my smile lines (aging me so badly), and just cakey and awful around my nose and upper lip. What do I do? I'm combo skin, I guess. So I am so lost. I will try anything and would also love to tone down these dang smile lines (and pores) while I'm at it!Snapchat-1900402133.jpg

Tags:

Re: Help! I'm so cakey and melting

@WBlakeman What is your skincare routine before makeup? I used to be ridiculously oily. Now, I’m normal. Do you use an acid? I would recommend the Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment. If your not accustomed to acids, use it at night because it will cause redness. You will see a difference in pore size and sebum production. It will also smooth out your texture over time and help with those fine lines. I feel the best way to combat your smile lines is not a primer, but hydration. Layering a lightweight hhydrating essence during the day will help plump those lines up. I used to have that issue on my forehead which is why I felt the need to Botox. Now, my lines are literally gone and I haven’t had to Botox in 2 years! I’m 37 and my skin is better now than at 23. 

My HG primer is cane&austin Prime and Protect. It smooths out your skin and has spf 50. I am currently in love with MUFE blurring skin tint but before that, I was loving the Maybelline SuperStay. It kept me oil-free and didn’t settle into lines. I own so many luxury brand foundations but SuperStay was better than almost all of them! 

As as far as setting powder, do you use a damp sponge? I would recommend using a damp sponge and pressing your setting powder into your skin as opposed to a big, fluffy brush. It will help keep your smile lines from creasing and allow your foundation to stay in place much longer. ❤️❤️❤️💗

My routine consists of exfoliating 2-3times a week, moisturizing and then getting off with my primer. I used to use Kiehls oil and I thought that was part of the reason my makeup was awful.  What kind of essence do you reccomend? I'm super willing to try anything! 

@WBlakeman have you tried baking your smile lines to see if the extra powder+time can help with the creasing issue? What about using a powder underneath your liquid foundation? This is supposed to help keep your makeup secured for a longer time.

Thanks for your reply! I have tried baking and it just seems to crease right away. I haven't tried powder under the foundation though. Does it make it gritty or patchy?

@WBlakeman No it does not! Everything smooths out and stays put longer that way. Test it out and let me know how it works out for you 🙂

I will try that tomorrow! Do you use pressed powder or loose?

@WBlakeman Loose powder! I'm currently on the Too Faced Born This Way foundation

https://www.sephora.com/product/born-this-way-ethereal-setting-powder-P420233

Ok. I definitely need to pick some up! Thank you

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Snapchat-1900402133.jpg
testing