Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

HELP!

I'm a really sporty girl, so I need sweatproof makeup that's REALLY good. I can tell that many of u are pros, while i'm a total noob. Please help! BTW, I'm a teenage girl.

635837918376539248-football1.jpg

Re: HELP!

@Josi2Cool I totally agree with @heartsmyface , theatrical makeup like Mehron is excellent at holding up to sweat. Personal anecdote: I used Ben Nye (another theatrical brand) Final Seal for a dance performance in New Orleans, in August, with broken air conditioning, and I may have been pouring sweat at the end, but my makeup looked great! (I also find their cream foundation and powder blush to have really great lasting power for performances as well.) And you can also make any makeup base last longer under adverse conditions by using a primer underneath, and setting with setting powder and/or setting spray on top. 

Thanks so much @ibblej !  It's great to know I'm not the only one with this problem! I'm following you!

@Josi2Cool You're welcome! I'm glad I could help! 😄

Oh, and if you do decide to go with theatrical makeup, you might want to know that the online suppliers for pro/theatrical makeup (such as Camera Ready Cosmetics and Frends Beauty to name two) generally have 20% off or more during their Black Friday sales. So there's an opportunity to save a couple of bucks in a couple months!

@Josi2Cool   Hello.  One of the best sweat resistant products is Mehron skin prep pro.  It’s a pre makeup Skin Toner that’s used a lot in theatrical performances or on brides and any stressful performance situation.   It’s high alcohol content makes it not ideal for everyday use but it’s absolutely great for days where you’ll be sweating a lot and need extra hold and assurance your makeup will stay in place.  

Thank you so much  @heartsmyface ! I really needed that help! I'm planning on experimenting all of the recommended brands (including yours) to see which is best for me! Again, thank you!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 635837918376539248-football1.jpg
testing