Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

HELP!

I fell like i have tried so many foundations from radiant to super matte and i just cant find my holy grail. Im looking for suggestions for a full coverage, long wearing ( i normally work somewhere between 10-12 hours a day ) foundation that works well on oily, acne prone skin any finish will do as long as it will stay put! ( drug store or mixing recommendations also appreciated ) TIA!

Foundations i have or have used in the past: Wet and wild photo focus, Loreal Pro Glow ( Both broke me out ), Maybelline Fit Me mattte and poreless, Maybelline 24 hour super stay, Huda Beauty Faux Filter( this and the maybelline both break apart pretty severely on me, but they're the only foundations that match my skin tone right now), YSL All Hours (closest ive gotten to perfect), Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r, Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion ( i love this finish but the lighest shade is too dark for me ) 

Re: HELP!

hey love maybe try a new base technique !! primer + loose powder with a sponge or matte primers bosica charcoal matte primer or beck ever matte primer !!! and does your face wash have soap in it and do you moisturizer ? these two steps can make you produce more oils during the day . change to a soap free cleanesr like the sunday riley clay one ( forgot the name lol) or fresh soy cleanser . then hydrate with a gel cream like belief aqua bomb!!!!  ok do for foundation try milk makeup matte full coverage foundation ( always shake before every use its water base and you only need a bit ) or cover fx power play ( full coverage with a powder like finish but so comfy on the skin)  . then set by baking with loose power and spray with the all nighter spray from urban decay or cover fx matte setting spray !! hope this helped 

Thank you for the advice! I use tatcha deep cleanse or the rice enzyme powder ( i have acne so cleansing needs to be thorough ) followed with a tea tree serum, the the belif aqua bomb, I prime with Cover FX mattifying primer, i have not tried setting it though, i bake every day, like my whole face is powdered, i even take it down my neck sometimes, and i do use the cover fx mattifying spray as well.

I recently tried the power play foundation and it broke apart really bad on me 😞 

Hi @Rosegold47,

I have oily skin as well so I feel your pain. Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Foundation has really worked well for my oily skin because it does have a matte finish. It is also long lasting. You may also want to try BareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Foundation not only treats the skin but it is also long lasting (24hr wear!) Full coverage and transfer proof. This also has a natural matte finish, so it looks like your natural skin. I hope that these suggestions help! 

Best,

Zakiya

https://www.sephora.com/product/barepro-performance-wear-liquid-foundation-broad-spectrum-spf-20-P42...

https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-filtr-soft-matte-longwear-foundation-P87985432

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing