Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Foundation

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site, and hoping some of you amazing people have some advise for me.

I am looking for a foundation that will give me a decent coverage, and not settle into my pores. this never used to be an issue - but as I near 40 it has become more of a problem.

Thank you all!

Re: Foundation

@Anonymous 

It would probably help to use a primer - something like Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL , or Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer . Some good foundations with good coverage are  Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Matte Foundation  or Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 2W1 Dawn (not necessarily that color - generic link doesn't come up). The primer will help "fill in" pores, so foundation can cover more evenly; the more long-wearing foundations won't break down as easily (i.e. don't break up around pores as easily.) throughout the day. The matte finish also helps to downplay pores. If you find either foundation too drying, you can always add a drop of moisturizer to it, or use the moisturizing version of primer.

One thing to avoid - foundations that have  "illuminating" particles (e.g. IT Cosmetics CC Cream Illuminating). I've found those tend to highlight pores.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing