cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Fenty Primer

Hey Everyone!

So I recently got a sample of the fenty beauty primer and I used it with the fenty beauty foundation. Now I was thinking I'd be matt-ified for daaayyyss BUT it made my skin more oily (I have combination skin) and it was able to rub off very easily.

Prior to trying the fenty primer I had used the foundation alone (without a primer) and with the smashbox photo finish silicone based primer. Both times the fenty foundation was matte as ever and did not budge!       *Boyfriend shirt approved*

Did anyone else experience this or was it just me??

RE: Fenty Primer

I have noticed myself that the fenty foundation and primer is not at matte as I would expect but I have been using the MAC spray/toner over it to give it a more dewy finish. This does result in the foundation moving more throughout the day for me. Overall I like the finish and look with the fenty primer and foundation together. I also use the primer to mix with the fenty matchstix. I do find the primer to be more hydrating than other primers I have used. When I use pressed power or the fenty mattifying powder, I find that the finish is more matte. I am newer to heavier coverage foundations myself (used to tinted moisturizers and B.B. creams) so I am learning the ropes as far as what lasts the longest on my skin and what finish I prefer.

RE: Fenty Primer

I tried the sample of the primer and foundation from the sample card. I didn’t stay matte either with the primer and foundation. BUT, even though I got oily the make up didn’t break down and get patchy like most. I was expecting to be super matte all day though. So I haven’t tried the foundation with anything else yet. It did look pretty and natural though. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wonder if it is any better out of the bottle. Idk?!

Re: Fenty Primer

i personally feel that with my skin, if i don't use the fenty primer the foundation doesn't glide on at full potential and after a few hours of wear the foundation melts into my skin and i get a natural sheen

I have not experienced that ... using both primer and foundation made me look on the dryer side. So opposite of you haha. Did you wait a min or two before applying the foundation on top of the primer? 

Lol thats interesting. But I did wait a few minutes. I may give it one more shot, but right now I'm not a fan 😞

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing