Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Does Anyone Else Not Like a Big Social Media Presence?

I am posting this under the group makeup is life bc I didn't know where else to go.

I can happily pass up the 50 VIB pts to avoid the social media aspect of Sephora.

But I know how these things go, and it won't be long until opting out of Instagram and Facebook is really discouraged.

I am a private person.  Makeup IS LIFE.  And I don't want my life all over the internet.

Re: Does Anyone Else Not Like a Big Social Media Presence?

@addict2 I'm not on social media for the usual reasons.  The best way I cope is to compromise.  So, I like to post in the groups and write reviews, but I take a pass on selfies posted in the gallery and sharing anything too personal in the BIC conversations.  🙂 

Completely understandable @addict2!! Even if I didn't hav...

Completely understandable @addict2!! Even if I didn't have some restrictions due to the nature of my work I would keep my social media footprint tight-knit. Hopefully the emphasis on posting photos won't deter folks from jumping into the community. At the same time I hope this doesn't become another Instagram or even Twitter, as others have noted.

Totally agreed on all counts. I miss q&a and hate live chat. I have FB and twitter accounts but never use them. I've never signed up for IG or Snapchat or any of the other social media outlets, and have no plans to. I'm sad to see sephora trying to become another social media outlet...it's frustrating and ugly and and just painful to navigate. I miss BT!

I have no interest in social media, and I would rather just look up product questions on the website than "live chat."

I'm with you! I have zero interest in the live chat feature, and I miss the question and answer section on the product pages. The sense of true community has diminished, with great discussion threads getting buried by repeat topics, complaints, etc.

I totally understand! I really hope that Sephora sees that what makes BIC different is that we are a community and not a show off site like Instagram or Facebook. It would be a shame to see this platform become just another spin off of those sites. I'm hoping that the post spam happening is temporary and will go away once this 50 point promotion is over so we can all get back to the place we love. 

I'm very uncomfortable with some of the new changes on BIC.  I feel like some of the new things are exactly why I avoid other sites. Not sure how to navigate so I mostly haven't been.  Hm, perhaps I should be more open minded?  Or, if something makes me uncomfortable perhaps I should listen to my inner voice?

@meganlisa the new BIC is not fun to navigate. I feel like I'm plodding through mud trying to find the threads I want, and the ones I see on the main page tend to not be ones that would have shown up with the old BT. As someone who works in the digital industry, it frustrates me that this layout actually came to fruition. But regardless, miss you on here! 

@meganlisa we miss you for sure! It's been tough. There have been many loyal community members like yourself who have been MIA since the switch. I hope you hang around and that it gets better! I think once the hype dies down we will be left with people who truly want to be a part of the community. 

I'm with you; I disconnected from all social media last year, and I don't miss it. BIC members do all the internet searching leg work and I just visit this one site 😋

I'm with you. I don't use FB, hate it & I don't like how everything tells you to log in with FB , FB this and that. It is so annoying.

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 79 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing