Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Choosing A Foundation

I’m looking for advice on a new foundation to try out. I’m currently using the bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation which I enjoy the lightweight feel of, however, I feel as tho it can look a bit chalky if that is the right word. I am looking for a foundation that is lightweight, gives light to medium coverage (full isn’t really necessary), natural skin like look, won’t break me out & transfer proof. I don’t get too oily or dry so I’m open to many options. I have considered buying the Too Faced Born This Way foundation but am coming here first for some advice!

Re: Choosing A Foundation

If you want to stick with powder, try Makeup Forever Velvet Matt Pressed Powder. 

@LailaATodd  It really depends on preference.  There have been foundations I love, but not rated well and a few highly rated ones I'm lukewarm on. I've tried BTW, it runs reddish in my opinion as far as shades in my tone, but I feel like the wear is nice.  Most foundations can be built up or sheered out based on application.  I find Wayne Goss's buffing technique to be helpful with foundations like Dior and Fenty.  And there's always sponges/beauty blenders to help yield a more dewy finish.  So some of my faves are

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation - This has a natural finish and has lasted on me through sweat and hot temps.

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 310 

I also love CoverFx's powder foundation.  It's pretty much my summer go-to.

Tried a sample of Gucci 24 Hour Full Coverage Luminous Matte Finish Foundation .  It really has a natural glow to it, but I don't own it.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W3 Henna is also a bonafide stay all day kind of foundation.

Born this way is good. It’s buildable coverage and looks like skin. I also like fenty beauty powder foundation. Another lightweight foundation that looks natural. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing