Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Break the bank beauty $$

Just for fun ๐Ÿ™‚ What's the most expensive makeup/beauty item you've ever bought? And why did you decide to shell out the big bucks for it?

Re: Break the bank beauty $$

@PinkEvergreen if you dig deep in the Natasha Deanna thread, you'll see my grievances as well as photos. I found the formula to be lacking - swatched beautifully, but over primer on the lid just became a muddled mess within a few short hours (I don't have oily eyelids, and I tried 3 different primers). But most importantly, the shadows caused big time irritation and redness. It looked like a chemical burn O.O

I love my green blue palette, ND is definitely worth the splurge! 

@PinkEvergreen This is exactly what will tip me into Roug...

@PinkEvergreen This is exactly what will tip me into Rouge later this year. I already know it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: @PinkEvergreen This is exactly what will tip me into Roug...

@fieldsofclover I canโ€™t think of a better way to confirm your Rougeness ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: @PinkEvergreen This is exactly what will tip me into Roug...

@PinkEvergreen  I really want to just make that purple-blue photo my computer wallpaper ๐Ÿ˜‚

I believe my most expensive makeup item is the Tom Ford Honeymoon quad. I think it was $102 (Canadian) before tax.

Other than that, MM's Replica Beach Walk ($150CAD). And it was worth every penny. ๐Ÿ˜„

@Asche Mmmm, Beach Walk. So worth it! Iโ€™m wearing it right now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Viseart Sultry Muse Palette. I think it's 80.

Same here, more or less:  Viseart Paris Nude palette. CAD$100. I've definitely spent more on fragrance and possibly skincare, but, for beauty, that's the most I've ever spent on a single item. Worth every penny!

About a year ago I got sucked into buying the NuFace Trinity, I think it was around $350 on QVC or HSN (can't remember).  It's sitting pretty on the corner of my bathroom sink charging.  Serves as a night light as a blue light is on when charging. ๐Ÿ™‚

@b3autygrl Was it a good purchase, in your experience?

Unfortunately, I couldn't give you a fair assessment.  The recommended usage to see results is daily for like 30 days and then you do it less.  I started out but I couldn't keep up with it on a daily basis for more than a week.  You have to cleanse your face first, then you use the primer that they recommend which is heavy in silicone in order to use the device and then you have to wash it off.  Personally I didn't like how the primer felt on my skin even after I washed it off, it felt as though it left a film on my face.  I've heard that others have successfully used aloe vera gel with it (but I haven't tried it yet).  Maybe I will try that this year to give it a good try and see if I notice any long term results.  What I can tell you is that the few times I did use it, I did notice a bit of a tightening/toning but unfortunately didn't continue doing it as needed to see if the results were long term.

Hm, the smart profile Clarisonic was 199, the dry bar blow out set was 199, and I just bought the 250 dollar lush joy to the world gift set (but I got 200 dollars worth of bogo items so it seems rational๐Ÿง) and I sit at a 400 dollar antique vanity every day. I try to justify the expensive purchases by telling myself Iโ€™ve used them every day for 3 years so itโ€™s definitely not that crazy, right? Iโ€™ve also got the Natasha denona green brown palette that runs 239 but I was lucky enough to get it for 150 as part of my XL lucky bag last year. I only hope i get as lucky with the XL bag this year. 

I forgot my chikuhodo Sakura brush set! That was 245 and they are almost too beautiful to use!!

@nikki just curious, Where did you find smart profile for $200? It was $349 everywhere.

@naturalooks15 This was a few years back, and honestly I think it was a pricing mistake by Sephora. I think it was 2016?

@nikki oh ok. I thought it was last yearโ€™s version the one that comes with the massage head. Thanks for your reply.

Ive bought quite a lot of fragrances for well over a hundred dollars but price per ounce would probably put Creme de La Mer as my most expensive purchase. I am fortunate to have very good skin and had no reason to justify spending $85 on a half ounce of face cream but La Mers reputation and the reviews here sucked me. It is such a ridiculous luxury and Im not really sure it benefits me ... yet I bought another pot of it last week!! An aging and vain fool and her money are easily parted! Lol.

Probably my MAC Pro Palette, I have the extra large one t...

Probably my MAC Pro Palette, I have the extra large one that fits 30 shades, most of which I ordered from Makeup Geek... it cost me around $300 CAD to put together. I need to seek professional help.

The Natasha Denona Star Palette, it's $215 Canadian and I have no regrets! I really wanted to try out one of her palettes but kept flip flopping back and forth on which one to get but when I saw the swatches for this one I was sold.

I bought a Silk'n Hair remover for about $500. Not sure if anyone remembers those, but you had to buy replacement bulbs for it and they were $50. So after paying $500 I was spending $50 a month to be able to use it. I need my head examined lol.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg
  • smplhmn.png
  • 0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg
  • 4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg
  • IMG_7935.jpg
  • 332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg
testing