Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Break the bank beauty $$

Just for fun 🙂 What's the most expensive makeup/beauty item you've ever bought? And why did you decide to shell out the big bucks for it?

Re: Break the bank beauty $$

@suzyo I remember that! But the $100 (or $500) question is...Did it really work?!

@GG84 In the long run, no. I used it for over a year and still had a lot of hair. I want my money back 🤦‍♀️

Definitely my Dyson hairdryer.

I blow dry my hair almost every day, either in the morning before work, or on gym nights, at night before I go to bed. My hair doesn't seem to be affected by heat too much (the dryer I had before wasn't horrible, either) but I love Dyson's technology and own a couple of their vacuums, so when I heard they were coming with a hair dryer I just couldn't resist.

A more expensive kinda-beauty related item would probably be my Pier 1 Hayworth desk that I use as my vanity - I bought it when we moved to our house last year. I was so happy to have space in our master bedroom for such a beautiful piece of furniture!

Me too @CC3616 I obsessed over it and got the smart profile but haven’t even used the massage gear yet 😶 I use body brush more often and face brush sometimes but my resolution for this year is use my clarisonic more often and learn the right way to use the massage head. 

How do you use your massage head @CC3616 ?

@naturalooks15 I purchased it a couple years ago, it didn't come with a massager then and I had to look up the current version to see it. Looks like a cool function! Hope you find lots of fun ways to use it. 

Clarisonic smart profile, I got it on sale for around $200 (regularly $349). I was interested in a clarisonic for good detox cleaning since I work in a high carcinogen environment and figured if I was shelling out the money for one I may as well get one that does everything. I use the foot and body brushes much more often than the face ones! 

The most expensive beauty purchase I've made so far is the Simple Human Sensor Mirror. It's CDN$250, which may not be a splurge for some, but it was for me. I went back and forth for a long time but I'm so glad I bought it. It's a lighted mirror that senses and lights up when your face is near. That, combined with 5x magnification, has taken my eye makeup application to the next level! Absolutely love it!

smplhmn.png

I'm not sure who's in Canada but @Beadshopgirl (since you mentioned The Bay) its on SDM Beauty boutique. So if you want to earn some optimum points (or spend some points), it might be a great deal. Ther have the large version and the wall-mounted version too.

Ooh @ope590! I had no idea Shopper’s carried it! I just redeemed my points at the last event, so now I only have around 53000, but that will be on my list for next redemption for sure!

Edit: I assume it’s only online; I’ve never seen them in store?

I've never seem them in store either so I believe it's online only @Beadshopgirl.

argh! I want this mirror now!!

@Smeegle I know, right!

I’ve been eyeing the travel one at The Bay, and I keep checking to see if it goes on sale. Glad to hear it’s worth the money! @ope590

@Beadshopgirl, I've been eyeing it too! Every time I want to travel, I have a split second thought about packing my large size mirror but I always get scared it'll get broken. The travel size is definitely on my list!

Girl, you are doing wrong. Now I want the full size one AND the travel one!!

@ope590

lol! @Smeegle

Anonymous Insider

There's a travel sized version, @Beadshopgirl?  Ohhh, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.  lalalalalala!  😉

Yup @Anonymous. It comes with a travel pouch. 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Now, I can't unsee it @Beadshopgirl!  I want it - it's beautiful and I love that it comes with a travel pouch to protect it in transport!!  Thank you!

Yes, for me too! I bought this in the rose gold version and attachable magnifying mirror. Best beauty purchase ever!

Rose gold!!! 😄 I didn't know they had it in that colour. I bet it's so beautiful!

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 65754D00-634C-4978-B0BB-DD3B3D7B1179.jpeg
  • smplhmn.png
  • 0D561846-AD65-4E45-AF93-0B76065B35A1.jpeg
  • 4B6C8AEF-0D29-4422-AD79-115937754DBB.jpeg
  • IMG_7935.jpg
  • 332B8517-8CA4-4115-99E6-340A088E0327.jpeg
testing