Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Best mid-grade brush set?

Hey everyone!
I am relatively new to makeup beyond the absolute basics, and I am hoping to upgrade my brush collection. Currently I am using a set by Ecotools, which works well but is fairly limited (especially for eye shadow brushes).
I am looking to buy a complete brush set at a mid-range price. I would prefer to stick to a single company/set (I like my brushes to look relatively uniform rather than multiple brushes from different brands), but I am undecided.
Right now, the main contenders are Sephora brand or Zoeva, but I would be open to other brands as well - just as long as they work well. 🙂

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!+

Best mid-grade brush set?

Sephora collection brushes are amazing! Face, powders, eyeshadow are all great and reasonably priced

Re: Best mid-grade brush set?

@Featheroo 

Look into It Brushes as well. Sephora has a few, but Ulta has a huge selection. They are really well made, soft yet sturdy and durable, and have a wide range of brushes.

FWIW, matched sets are nice to look at, but I've found that my favorite brushes for each task come from a wide variety of brands. It's rare for a pre-made set to have everything you want without having several you won't want or don't like, frequently making sets cost more than picking up a few brushes individually. There's nothing wrong with wanting matchy-matchy at all...just make sure whatever brand you settle on can fill all your brush needs without spending a ton extra on brushes you won't use. Good luck! 🙂

Thanks for the advice 🙂
I might look into It Cosmetics brushes as well! I wish we had Ulta here in Canada, but hopefully the shipping doesn't cost too much.

And yes, it's definitely quite the task to find a single brush set with all (or even most) of the kinds of brushes I'm looking for. Thank you for wishing me well! 🙂

@Featheroo  I really like Sephora Collection they are a really good quality and last forever 

@Featheroo, I own brushes that I really like from both Sephora and Sigma brands.

@Featheroo I really like the Sephora Collection brushes. I have a couple of sets and the quality is great.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing