Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best, Most, and Worst [2021 Edition]

Another year has passed so figured I'd keep my tradition going and post my Best, Most, and Worst thread. Can't wait to read everyone's replies!

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why?

2) A purchase you regret- why?

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money? 

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it?

5) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years? 

6) Rediscovered loves or underrated/underhyped makeup discoveries

7) A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want

8 ) Did your makeup routine change in any way?

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year?

10) What was your favorite body product or fragrance?

Here are my answers!

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why? It's like trying to pick a favorite child. I picked up so many good products this year. Top 5, I would say Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership IX Eyeshadow Palette: Huetopian Dream, the Vanity Makeup Cosmetics Signature Palette, and NARS Bijoux and Climax palettes. I had some really cool purchases over Black Friday but I haven't tried them enough to make them favorites just yet. For non-makeup, I bought myself a Coach bag on sale and have no regrets. The outlet is where it's at. 

2) A purchase you regret- why? I don't regret them so much so that I wish they were better formulated: the Melt Cosmetics Mary Jane Eyeshadow Palette and Melt Cosmetics Brunet Eyeshadow Palette . I love the color stories but have issues with the shimmers.

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money? Sonia G Sky Face Set, totally worth it for me.

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it? I would say the Rephr brushes lived up to the hype for me. I haven't washed them all just yet and I'm not sure how well they hold up over time but I was very happy with how they feel and how the apply color.  Another overhyped product I bought is the Thrive mascara, it's just ok for me.

5) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years? I'm not sure. My purchases over the first half of the year were pretty minimal but I went all out during Black Friday and all the sales, so maybe about the same?

6) Rediscovered loves or underrated/underhyped makeup discoveries Rose Inc blushes, MUFE cream blushes, Roen quads

7) A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want the Victoria Beckham Bronzer in #2 and the Rephr 22 Brush (the large bronzer one).

8 ) Did your makeup routine change in any way? During the first half of the year I didn't use that much makeup but being back on BIC definitely reignited my love for doing full looks. 

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year? I think we're still going to see lots of cream products and light bases.

10) What was your favorite body product or fragrance? CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Skin 3.4 oz/ 101 mL is still one of my favorites for every day. For body, I recently discovered the Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL thanks to a few BIC members and it's a game changer for me. 

Tagging @itsfi @Sunnysmom @faeriegirl @eshoe @Ispend2much6 @curlychiquita @ather @SportyGirly125 @lmaster @haleyvvvv @heavyhedon @RGbrown @sister13 @CookieGirl1 @greeneyedgirl107 @AznAngelLiz @Kim888 @Titian06 

Re: Best, Most, and Worst [2021 Edition]

@sister13 Haha, sorry. I accidentally tagged the wrong one, I meant to tag the one you did (oops)

Excellent reasoning skills used in number 8 @sister13 !

I don’t trust my family to bury me with all my treasures like the ancient Egyptians, OR get it to someone who will appreciate it! @Ispend2much6 

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why? I'm going to say the Melt Cream Blush in Honeythief.  I'm someone who could pretty easily use the same blush day in and out without being bothered and this is one that I could gladly use like this... and did.  I hope they come out with more shades for the range. 

2) A purchase you regret- why? Sometime the first half of the year I picked up a few different moisturizers from IPSY as add ons.  Mistake.   The Sunday Riley came separated and never quite was right after that, and then two others were just plain missing from the package.  The customer service wasn't helpful.  I do think they likely came out of the bag they tried to pack everything in in transit... but maybe they should have used a bigger/better package?  Along this line... I still have a monthly IPSY bag... why?  Because I like getting a surprise in the mail.  I could very easily take the 20$ a month and buy myself something I'll actually use and actually want... yet I don't.  I'm complex I guess.

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money? Nothing is coming to mind.  I for sure splurged on Nest candles this holiday season when I was able to see some in person at SDM to figure out what I like.  I did get them on 'sale' but even the sale price is pricier than I normally want to spend on a candle.  I've yet to burn them, trying to use up some I've got on the go already, so I'll see if they were worth it.  Not sure if these were the most expensive, but I'm willing to spend on my skincare and makeup... candles... that's a newer luxury price point for me. 

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it?Probably the ND Glam palette.  My shadow game tends to be pretty basic, like one maybe two colours at a time basic... and those colours are always lighter/midtones.  I've been pretty sold on my Viseart and MUFE shadows for a hot minute here but I do enjoy the ND.  The Danessa Myricks colour fix shadows I picked up were okay... but they're so pigmented I need to be super careful with them, so I grab for them a lot less.  Both of these purchases were 'worth it' as I would have been beyond curious without trying them, but neither is a make or break item for me at the moment. 

5) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years? Overall I'd say I spent less.  This is year two of no TJMaxx or Ulta for me as I've not been able to get into the US, so my Sephora spending stayed pretty on track, but overall I was less.  I tend to spend more in the Oct/Nov/Dec time frame and I was in a bit of a 'life is taking over my life' situation with working two jobs, quitting one, immediately being assigned a job in the middle of the forest away from civilization, when I was being 'seen' I'd put on makeup, but it was just overall used less this year so I'll be back on a 'use what you have' kick for the first part of this year I'm sure.

6) Rediscovered loves or underrated/underhyped makeup discoveries Since my make up 'look' is so basic I tend to gravitate to a lot of the same types of makeup over and over and I love skincare, I'm more often to try out new skincare but this year, I went back to some basics while in the middle of the nowhere.  The LaRoche Posay Cicaplast B5 was great over summer as a night cream and I'm back to it again now that dry skin/winter/tretinoin are all contributing to my desert skin.  I also picked another Philosophy microdermabrasion cleanser.  I used this for years and loved it so much.  I strayed over the last three years but am happy to be back with it.  Gives me the satisfaction of a 'scrub' without being too scrubby.  The Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Essence SPF 50++++ is another repeat.  It's my favourite SPF, thanks to a review I saw on BIC a few years back.  I try others, but keep going back to this even though it can be a pain to get.

7) A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want I've been sooooo tempted by the YSL holiday palette.  I have one of their quints and love it, the colour story of this years holiday palette is one I love and would use all the shades of, but even with a discount 175$ for one palette is hard to justify when I have so many that don't get enough attention as is.  I've also been pining for the Dyson hair dryer and Airwrap.  I do use both a hairdryer and curling iron (Iron much more often) but again... tough to justify the price when my current ones work just fine.  I'll likely wait until one craps out on me to talk myself into one of these.

8 ) Did your makeup routine change in any way? I've preferred a lighter base and basic eye looks for a long time now.  I do wear a mask anytime I'm out so it's hard to get much use from lipsticks so I do stick to more basic tinted balms, which... I'm a fan of anyhow.  I did have a bit of a spell there over the summer where I was all about the dark navy/purple/black lipsticks.  I think it felt kinda bada** to know I was wearing those shades but no one could see them under a mask... kinda like great lingerie! But actual routine wise... nah. 

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year?I think/hope to see lighter makeup bases and more 'natural' looks.  I'd also love to see less filters in use.  If I'm looking for makeup reviews I want to see what the products are doing, not your filters.  This is something that keeps me away from the gallery here a lot and I'm hoping that people can just love themselves a bit more and not feel the need to look 'perfect' so much.

10) What was your favorite body product or fragrance?I'm still a sucker for that classic sunscreen scent, but I've been a fan of MM Sailing Day and Coffee Break quite a bit this year.  Without getting in store to actually smell anything it's hard to blind buy fragrances.  I did end up picking up some Purology Shampoo and Conditioners after years of seeing recommendations here and while the fragrances weren't anything to write about and in the case of the purple line were actually not to my liking at all... the products themselves have been great.  

@missjeanie totally on board with your skincare picks. Cicaplast is great on dry spots on my hands and the Skin Tone UV SPF is an awesome choice for people who usually don't like sunscreen (and those who do).

Such a great pairing of skincare items @makeitup305 .  I believe it was @heartsmyface who posted the SkinAqua and I had to try it.  I've gone through both the green and violet versions and love both.  And the LRP Cicaplast is almost seen as a 'health' product for me now the way it helps so much with dryness. So glad to know I'm not the only one loving these gems!

I'm gonna change this up a smidge to "favorite deal of the year" because I am nothing if not a deal shopper in many aspects of my life. Heck, it might even be my actual favorite purchase...at least, I can't think of anything else in particular right this second that might eclipse it, except maybe my answer to number 3 below.

ND Circo Loco grabbed my eye from the very first second I saw it...I had just picked some of her 5 pans from Boxy ($12 ea, another stellar deal, and my first ND eyeshadows) and loved the formula, but none of her larger palettes spoke to my color loving self, so I was super excited for Circo, until I saw the $129 price 😫 Patience paid off though...I snagged the Circo Loco/Zendo duo from her BF sale for $95, and passed Zendo along to someone else for half the bundle price. Net result? Circo Loco is mine, for under $50! Now, I haven't even brought myself to swatch it yet, but that's a whole different story 😂

I can't really think of anything major here. I went overboard on polish in general, and there were at least a few shades I could have done without once I tried them on, but overall, I'm happy with most everything I bought, whether polish or makeup or skincare. Reducing frivolous makeup and skincare purchases allowed me a little freedom to experiment with buying some polish shades I wasn't sure of, and even if I didn't like one or two in the end, the test was worth it to me.

Dermapore, and yup! I've battled congestion just under the skin for years, maybe even forever, and this has really helped reduce it, way more than any skincare product ever has, and way more than I expected based on reviews.

Not sure I even know what's hyped anymore, at least not in beauty in general and the categories that most BIC members are more focused on, but for polish, light reflective glitters hit the scene in a big way this year, and I grabbed two (with a sale, of course 😋) and they were absolutely worth every penny ❣️

Way less. Under $300 at Sephora, and while I did hit Diamond at Ulta, I normally help my sisters get there as well, but couldn't do it for both of them this year. For my polish subcategory, my spending was perhaps pretty close to what I spent last year...the bottle count was close both years, at least.

Hmmm, not sure, I've mostly stuck to tried and true stuff in my routine this year, giving up the search for the latest and greatest in an effort to get skin congestion under control. I'd forgotten how much I loved Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo though, it's a miracle worker on my oily mop.

I missed Girly Bits Chateauesque polish in the March HHC shop, and I still cannot stop thinking about it to this day. I've picked up a couple recently that aren't exactly dupes but might scratch the itch, but I think that one will haunt me forever.
I'd also like to grab a PMG blush at some point...I keep talking myself out of it (see my next answer lol), but with the right deal, I'll probably get one sooner or later anyways.

8 ) Did your makeup routine change in any way? What makeup? 🤔😋 I went bare faced up until 40 or so, and basically discovered makeup for the first time about the same time I discovered BIC. Mask wearing killed my desire to mess with it though...I hate it on my masks, and I miss lipstick SO BADLY that I won't even bother with eyes anymore either, even though bold eyeshadow was my next favorite part 🤨 I was never a daily makeup wearer anyways, but I enjoyed it at least a couple of times a month, if not a couple times a week, but I've done a full face maybe 5 times this year (if even that). At least pretty nails help me feel at least touch more, ahem, polished, when I'm going out bare faced 😋

I'd love to say bold, creamy, glossy lips, but eh, masks will be around for a long while, unfortunately.

For body stuff, I'm pretty basic in this category, and BBW lotions and body washes do me just fine. Ulta Sorbets are really nice for drier winter skin too. Fragrance wise, like many here, I'm really digging on Kilian Apple Brandy from the Gratis box, and I've been rotating it pretty frequently with two of my other faves, Raw Spirit Wild Fire and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why? its hard to pick lol, theyre all my babies. 😏😅 I esp. loved my recent sephora hauls of several of their favorites sets, during the 20% off sale, and several nice perfumes that I had been wanting, that were also on sale, and then an extra 20% off. It was a good haul bc I love perfume, lol, but those sets have become my fave thing to buy here, as getting a variety of items to try out is so nice and fun, and gives me lots of items to look forward to trying. oh, and also got the mini josie maran set thats been on sale forrrevvverrr, on the 20% off, and excited about that, too, bc I havent tried her stuff and see all the rave reviews saying how it works wonders for their skin. 🤗

2) A purchase you regret- why? not really a 'regret', but I got the foreo luna mini 3, when it was 50% off at ulta, even after wondering if I'd even actually use it, bc I didnt want someone to knock it over and get dirty, as seems to happen around here, so, I've only used it a couple times, since I put it back in the case and put it in safe keeping, lol, so it doesnt get hurt. 😰😓 but I got it w/my pts., so not too bad.

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money? hmm...I guess overall, it might be the Michael Kors Gorgeous perfume set from ulta, which was $126, but I used my 20% off cpn, and then used my pts., so it was basically free...😅 otherwise, the foreo was pretty pricey, for a non-perfume item!! lol

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it? hmm, idk...maybe the HUDA BEAUTY Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette ?? but, it hasnt gotten here yet, so, idk...lol. 😅 I'm def. curious to try it and see how it compares to my others, tho, since that will I guess be my most expensive (given regular price) high end palette? but at 50% off, plus the extra 20% off, it was hard to pass up!! since I've been curious about these expensive palettes but would never pay that much, so I guess I was in the market to try one, at the right price... urban decay, too faced, and those 2 tiny PMG palettes are my other high end ones, so it will be interesting to compare.

also the Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Cocoa Kiss . I was previously unaware of these, but since the holiday collection just went 50% off, and they have a set of mini balms, I got one bc of the rave reviews. they arrived yesterday and were pleasantly bigger than I expected, and I love the packaging, its so sturdy and luxe...I've only tried one so far, but it was very nice and smooth, and instantly made my lips look more plush. I guess I'll have to try them more to see if theyre as nourishing as all the reviews say...but I ordered the banana and chocolate full sized versions from their website, also on sale, to compare, and bc they sounded so delish. lol.😅😋

5) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years? bout the same, or less.

6) Rediscovered loves or underrated/underhyped makeup discoveries. I didnt buy it, but finally tried one of my minis of the Biossance Mini Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 0.5 oz / 15 mL , and it was so thick and nice, for winter. 😍 I used it after the Biossance Squalane + BHA Pore-Minimizing Toner 4.0 oz/ 120 mL ,and my skin was so smooth and clear, no pilling, as often get w/other things. I'm def. gonna be on the lookout for the bigger cream on sale, when I need some more!!

also, the NUDESTIX Nudies Cream Blush All-Over-Face Color . I got a few of them 50% off on ultas 21 days, and didnt try them until recently, and loved them. being lazy and not bothering w/makeup most of the time, these make it so easy, quick and portable to add a pop of blush or bronzer, and I LOVE the cream/stick formula, its so much nicer and better for skin than dry powdery blush, doesnt flake up or stick to little flakes. I also didnt notice, like many ppl, until seeing others mention it, that theres a brush on the bottom!! that makes applying them and blending them SOOO easy!! 😃 and its easy to blend w/other colors, too...I tried it w/an ulta blush stick, and the colors looked so nice together. If I ever went anywhere, LOL, these would be the first things I would pack, for my hypothetical travel bag. lol.😅

I also got a couple coverfx blush duos, when they were 50% off also, and they may be a bit too dark, but I've found that they, and esp. the highlighter shade, are SOOO pretty on eyes. and theyre not powdery at all.

I love discovering different uses for things...like, highlighter looks so pretty, but I find that most of it just looks bad on me, since I dont really wear makeup...I guess its one of things where u have to do the whole she-bang, otherwise it just looks weird, and bad...sooo, I've been on the search for a more natural looking highlighter, but either theyre too weak, or just...not as natural as I'd hoped.

anyway, I got this little tub of bio oil dry skin stuff...and when I saw it was like jelly, I tried some on my cheeks as a highlighter, and it was sooo pretty, and I think exactly the kind of 'clear' highlighter that everyone is looking for. I then thought it would be a nice base for other highlighters, so u can really customize ur highlight. 🤗

I also got some of the too faced holiday palettes, and the shadows were lighter than expected, but the shimmers are nice, as usual, and after trying the light pink shimmer (from the xmas in london set), I dabbed the rest on my cheeks, as a highlighter, and it looked so nice!! I love finding and getting more uses out of things, and it reminded me to just stick w/the colors and looks that work for me, but maybe try new formulas or layer things, to create a unique look. since I find most makeup doesnt look good on me, but at least if I just see and stick to what works, but improve the products, formula and technique, then, all should be well. 😊🤗

7) A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want Alien Goddess!! I was supposed to get it from Influenster, and was SO thrilled when I saw that, since I was obsessed w/the sample I got, and was thinking of ordering it w/my pts., so, this was the one thing I had actually tried, and knew I liked...so I ordered MK gorgeous, instead, and then, the alien goddess never arrived. apparently, they sent most of them to ppl that werent on the campaign, and then, after we started asking what happened and where our perfumes were, and after seeing other ppl posting about how they got it, but never got an email or campaign for it, we put 2 and 2 together, and instead of own up to their mistake, apologize, and replace them, Influenster just took us all off the campaign, and replaced us w/the ppl they wrongly sent the perfumes to (that they werent even aware of, until those ppl contacted them asking what to do, or left reviews stating they received it but werent in the campaign.

SUPER disappointing, to say the least!!! 

soo, yeah...Influenster is shady AF, so, yeah, if ur one of those ppl annoyed by all the reviews from ppl getting free stuff and raving about it, dont be too jealous, bc its not all its cracked up to be. they then tell us not to do the 'activities' (reviews) if we dont get the item (and also state that they wont replace any boxes that are lost/stolen/damaged (or uhh, never sent), which, of course minimizes the amount of negative reviews from ppl who never got the item, which is why there are rave reviews for most of the "complimentary" items... 🙄

but, anyway... 😪💅

8 ) Did your makeup routine change in any way? not really. tried to do more skincare, and try some more of the makeup I already had. lol.

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year? more natural, dewy looks, and cream products...more of the bushy brows. lol.

10) What was your favorite body product or fragrance? hard to say, bc as usual, I bought TONNNSSS of perfume...I guess the most exciting purchases would be from my recent 20% off sale haul, of several perfumes that were already on sale, that I'd been wanting for a while; I got Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb MidnightViktor&Rolf Flowerbomb BloomEllis Brooklyn FAWN Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray and some phlurs.

I'm a sucker for a purdy bottle, which is why those flowerbombs were so exciting. theyve had their other fancier collection on sale before (the one w/liquid diamonds, sparkling sage, dancing roses...), but I always missed out, so I was finally able to get some of this line. 🤗

which is also why I was excited to finally get Ariana Grande's REM, which I'd been wanting since last year, and was going to get the gift set, but when I unexpectedly recieved an ulta perfume sampler tht I didnt even order, in one of my packages, since it contained a $15 off coupon, I figured what better way to use it than on that one, that I'd been wanting for so long. the bottle is so neat, and I love that theyre cheaper, so I can actually use them. lol. cheap perfume, and a nice bottle, makes me 🤤🤤🤤

thats all, folks!! (finally...lol) 😅

Happy New Year!!! 

and Happy Hauling!!! 😀😚🤗

@treestar86 I love the Nudestix Nudies. I've got quite a few shades of the bronzer and the matte and bloom blush formulas. Their shades are quite flattering imo. They just expanded the shade range so there's something for everyone. They have highlighters, too, in case that's something you would want to look into. I think the shade Illumi-naughty might be up your alley.

@makeitup305 thanks!! I might have a mini somewhere, from one of their gwp's from ulta... 

thanks for the tag @itsfi and @makeitup305   ^_^  this thread looks super fun!

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why?  MAC lipstick in the shade, honey love, I reach for it all the time. I love the shade it seems to work for a lot of makeup looks, and bonus, since it's a matte finish it's easily customizable if it needs shine I can add a gloss in clear - or shimmer. or if I  want to layer another lipstick or formula over it I can do that too to change the finish. 

charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless finish setting powder.  i actually really liked the product it just "regret" my purchase because it wasn't cost-effective in my case this setting powder lasted me around two months and the product cost about $45.00. i've learned quickly not to go high-end on setting powder because i go through it too fast. 

A beauty fridge, i'm actually still somewhat on the fence on whether it was worth it, the perks are that chilled face masks & jade rollers are soothing and amazing, the downsides are it takes up surface space and looks a bit clunky. 

- Tarte shape tape concealer I'd say so but I've only tried a few concealers so I don't have many to compare it to. out of the few, I've tried (NARS, & NYX) this one
seems to be my favorite.

- If I had to guess I would say double

underhyped & underrated 

- disco brows

- colorful brows 

- soap brows 

- Ikea Alex ( 5 - & or - 9  drawer) unit, (with acrylic organizers to go in the drawers) i've been pining over this for over 4 years.

yes, this might be a bit gross but i  don't  "warm up' my mascara (in a cup of water) anymore I originally read online it makes mascara less clumpy so started doing that then i read elsewhere that its terrible grounds for bacteria so I no longer do that. I for sure don't want to risk getting a possible eye infection because i wanted a smoother lashes application.  

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year? with eyes presumably being the focal point I'm going to be predicting a continuation of graphic liner.

- comptoir sud pacifique - vanilla abricot

@WhereYouStand The original Shape Tape is still my go-to, even though lots of people have moved on. It seems to be the best at covering my undereye circles. Have you tried the No7 pressed powder? I've heard it's a good dupe for the CT.

I have not tried that one yet thanks for the heads up I sense a target trip is in my future ^_^

This made me do some thinking, @makeitup305, so thanks for starting this!

I can't narrow it down but some standouts would be the PMG Voyeuristic Vixen quad and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina® Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 5 Lilac. 

Thankfully it wasn't very expensive but the Sigma F53 brush; I bought it online and as soon as I had it in person in my hands I knew I'd never use it.

At least I got it on sale but the PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership IX Eyeshadow Palette: Huetopian Dream and yes, it's my first mothership palette and I do like it.

The HUDA BEAUTY Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette was a complete miss for me.  I've discovered that I really don't like Huda's eyeshadow formula so I bought it, used it a few times, and ended up passing it on to someone who's enjoying it far more than I did.

Hmmm...not sure

Underhyped--the Arches and Halos brow pen from Target.  It's hands down the absolute best brow pen I've ever used and I never hear anyone talk about it.

I'd love to have the Dyson hair dryer in the ltd ed. blue color and I really want to try Rephr brushes.

Who knew I'd end up loving lip liner?  Before this year I maybe had one in my collection and now I have to talk myself out of buying them.

I felt like this was a big year for blush but I'm ready for a year of great bronzers.

I fell in love with the Ariana Grande Cloud Intense 2.0 perfume.

@CookieGirl1 I have the A&H Brow pencil and it's really good. I'll have to try their brow pen soon. Sorry the Rose Quartz didn't work for you! I quite like it but I do think Huetopian does a lot that it can do. 

@makeitup305 I was actually thinking about trying their brow pencil next!  I'm working on a different pencil now but I like trying out different ones.

@CookieGirl1 Their micro defining pencil is good but I didn’t like their tinted brow mouse, fyi. It didn’t have enough hold for me and ended up getting decluttered.

Thanks for saving me some $$ on that one, @makeitup305.

I really love this thread, thanks for doing it again @makeitup305

1) Your favorite purchase of the year- why? I had a lot of favorites, but when I think about it  I really love the all my nude palettes.  They are pretty similar, but I love them all Too Faced Born This Way The Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Palette , Natasha Denona Glam Face & Eye Palette Dark and PMG's voyeuristic vixen.

2) A purchase you regret- why? Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Oil Slick  Cannot get this to stay on my lids for the life of me, so disappointed

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money?  KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL  The lovely gift from @TeamBIC of Apple Brandy and 20% promo was definitely the incentive that got me to try it and it was definitely worth it 

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it? Hubbs got me then Fenty Parfum for Christmas.  It's really nice, with a gingery essence.  The hype for it -- debatable.

5) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years?  More 😑🤷🏽‍♀️

I'm still on the #Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black is underhyped/underrated train.  Also adding Peace Out Daily Repairing Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

7) A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want That LE Dyson blow dryer in blue 😭 I should have got it, but I was trying to see if I could get it for a deeper discount.  Whomp whooooomp

In two ways.  Wearing more lip balm because I'm still in a mask, but wearing less concealer because my breakouts haven't been as bad

9) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year?  Powder foundation did pop up like I thought it would this year, but it wasn't a major thing.  I think we'll keep seeing more "clean reformulations" and an updated take on no makeup make-up.

10) What was your favorite body product or fragrance? The Killian! KILIAN Paris Apple Brandy Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray & KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL  thanks again @TeamBIC

@danielledanielle  Coincidentally, I just (5 minutes ago) helped someone else look for that special edition blue Supersonic. Best Buy still has it in stock, but I don't know if there are any promo codes that work for it. Bed Bath & Beyond claims to have it available as a backorder but I dunno if I trust that... still, if you have a 20% BB&B coupon, that'd be a good option. Hope you find it—or snag the dryer in another color you like—with a good discount in 2022! I love my Supersonic, and I generally hate hair dryers. 

@WinglessOne , when I first read this, I went on a deep dive because I was like... It must be so!  Fate!   Then I had to convince myself to not make a random trip after work to go pick this up. I work pretty far from home and an extra 30 minutes out seemed reasonable at the time. I'm just gonna bide my time and either use some Ulta points or grab a refurbished one.  But, thank you 🙏🏼

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • IMG_3896 2.JPG
  • cdnperfumes.jpg
  • 49DC5153-69B8-44E1-B686-86E90457300D.jpeg
  • F5712293-7066-4460-9563-291A09368B89.jpeg
  • 72C1CDFB-804F-4B65-82F1-ABAD8E2CB529.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-01-03 184422.png
  • C46DE348-D055-47CB-8FC2-5367832411BE.jpeg
testing