Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best, Most, and Worst! [2019 Edition]

I did this tag two years ago and wanted to give it another go. I love to read everyoneโ€™s responses and I think itโ€™s a great way to look back on our purchases and review all our goodies.

1) Your favorite purchase of the year.

2) A purchase you regret- why?

3) Most expensive purchase- was it worth the money? 

4) Most hyped product you bought- was it worth it?

5) Most shopped at store (for makeup). Did you shop more in store or online?

6) Did you spend less, the same, or more than other years? 

7) Rediscovered loves or underrated/underhyped makeup discoveries

๐Ÿ˜Ž A product you missed out on or haven't bought yet but really want

9) Did your makeup routine change in any way?

10) What makeup trend do you think will be big next year?

Here are mine:

1. My favorite purchase this year was all my Natasha Denona and Pat McGrath eyeshadow palettes. I canโ€™t pick just one, itโ€™s like picking a favorite child. I think if I had to get rid of all my palettes but keep my ND and PMG I could do it. Iโ€™d cry, but I could do it.
  2. I think my recent Ulta purchase was overall a regret, not because the products were bad but my heart wasnโ€™t really invested in any of the products, which is how Iโ€™ve shopped most of the year. I used points and a 20% off coupon so Iโ€™m not too hurt about it.
  3. My most expensive purchase was the Natasha Denona 28-pan palette.  Technically, I got it for 50% off since it was BOGO but itโ€™s still really expensive. I love them, though. No regrets.
  4. The most hyped product I bought was either ND Metropolis or the PMG quads. Both amazing and worth the hype (and price) IMO. Something also super hyped that I just picked up is the CoverFX blush duo. I donโ€™t see what all the fuss is about.
  5. I shopped mostly online this year. A lot of the stuff I wanted was harder to find in store so it wasnโ€™t worth it to drive over and I think that helped curb my spending a bit.
  6. I was pretty good on my low buy this year up until October and November, when all the sales started. I went a little nuts and pretty much undid a lot of the progress I made. However, I think I spent less overall than last year and I hope to do the same next year.
  7. Theyโ€™re both relatively new to my collection but the EM Cosmetics serum blushes and the Pacifica Alight foundation are both awesome products that deserve more hype. The Smashbox brushes are great quality and I realize that nobody ever mentions them. I rediscovered my love for the Hourglass Ambient Unlocked palette after it was rereleased in the Ghost version this year.
  8. PMG Divine Rose. I want to see it in person before I pick it up but Iโ€™m dying to purchase it. The new Charlotte Tilbury Look in a Palette is a runner up.
  9. I think this year I really focused on really dewy skin and using lighter coverage foundations. I used lots of cream products, especially in the summer.
  10. I think weโ€™re going to see a few more wearable and neutral to cool palettes in the coming year.

Tagging some of you, hope you donโ€™t mind! @tsavorite @WinglessOne @Kim888 @Luvstravel @RGbrown @curlychiquita @lmaster @itsfi  @SportyGirly125 @blackkitty2014 

Re: Best, Most, and Worst! [2019 Edition]

Happy birthday month @tsavorite! ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿค— Canโ€™t wait you see what birthday and Christmas treats you picked up! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’• Love those acne healing dots; I mean, I wish I didnโ€™t have to use them enough to love them so much; but cโ€™est la vie! ๐Ÿ˜‰ C22DA8E3-853B-446C-897F-A4B992FAA1BD.gif

Thank you, @itsfi !

@makeitup305  Thanks for the tag! Iโ€™ll give this some thought and post my answers later.

For now, Iโ€™d say my most expensive single-product purchase was a Natasha Denona 28 palette, but since I also bought both of them BOGO they each wound up costing less than a Pat McGrath Mothership, and I bought 3 or 4 of those (separately, in different months) this year, with hopefully a 5th (or 4th) purchase pending. ๐Ÿ˜„ But I think my most expensive single-product purchase was a fragrance. Iโ€™ll really have to look back at all my purchases to figure that out. 

Youโ€™ve had some amazing hauls this year @WinglessOne! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’• Excited to hear your responses! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • C22DA8E3-853B-446C-897F-A4B992FAA1BD.gif
  • My 2 favorite eyeshadow brushes of 2019
testing