Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Anyone else notice all the increased prices?

Is anyone else noticing that many items from different brands are more expensive at Sephora than on the actual brand website??  E.g. CT bronze and glow, UD glitter liners, Belif products, Natasha denona palettes.  Wtf?  I'm in Canada so maybe that's the issue.

Tags:

Re: Anyone else notice all the increased prices?

I’m in the US & have noticed the same thing. Sephora is way more expensive than the brand websites & even Ulta. Have stopped shopping at Sephora due to this. Don’t understand the audacity to price gouge. 50% off for Black Friday?? 50% off a BS price! Shame on them!

I've noticed price increases on things within the past month e.g. Murad City Skin Sunscreen went from $80CAD last month to $86CAD this month, which is weird. Sometimes buying direct is cheaper, but I've noticed for us Canadians it doesn't seem to matter, it's just expensive period. Regarding Natasha Denona specifically, her website has for example the Sunrise palette at $65USD (same for Sephora US). The conversion rate for today makes it about the same base price ($85CAD, which is the same for Sephora's website), but from ND's website, we'd have to pay $15-$25USD for international shipping, plus duties; thus, more expensive directly from her.

@Misvicki This is normal. When you buy direct there is no third party involved thus the price is often cheaper. When product (literally ANY) product switches hands, cost goes up. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing