cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Allow Me to Introduce Myselfโ€ฆ and My Sparkle Obsession

IMG-4079.JPG

Helloooo BIC! I'm not exaggerating when I say it's an actual dream come true to post here as a new member of the Community team at Sephora. It's like I've finally been summoned to the mothership and taken to where I truly belong! I join a team of inspiring Community queens here at HQ whom you already know and love - @LexBT@CarolBT@GeorginaBT@BrendaBT, and @KatieBT - who are making me feel right at home. And now that I'm finally able to introduce myself here, I bow down to all of you Community regulars who have helped make the BIC the nicest place on the internet. I can't wait to meet you all - virtually and/or at some upcoming events!

While I'm new to the Community team, I'm a longtime Sephora fangirl and serial makeup hoarder. My everyday look typically involves a topknot, the mattest foundation I can muster, a razor-sharp cat-eye (usually applied on the bus on the way to work, believe it or not! #skillz), plus some cursory swipes of mascaraโ€ฆ but don't be fooled by my relatively "minimal" daily routine. If you want to know my real obsession that I can't stop loading into my cart, it's GLITTER - AND LOTS OF IT. Sparkly shadows, glitzy glosses, blinding highlighters, you name it. I WANT IT, I GOT IT, and now I need more. Here are just some of my glitter holy grails:

URBAN DECAY - Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner

Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kitยฎ Marshmallow/ Gumdrop/ Butterscotch/ Starburst

HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette

COVER FX - Glitter Drops

STILA - Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow

Where my fellow glitter gurus at? Reply with your favorites please, because I am VERY easily enabled, no matter how much my wallet hates me. Bring it on!

Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myselfโ€ฆ and My Sparkle Obsession

Ooo hello fellow crow, and congrats on being a new member of the Community team @AlexBT !

Choosing a favorite glittery product is so difficult...but what I've been currently using this round:

Chantecaille - Luminescent Eye shades

ABH - Aurora Glow Kit

COVER FX - Custom Enhancer Drops - Moonlight

Welcome to the fam, @AlexBT!  I totally agree with you on the definite need for sparkle and a few of my favs are the STILA - Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadows, TARTE - Chrome Paint Shadow Pots, and the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner (glitz version).  Looking forward to seeing you around :).

Welcome to the Community @AlexBT !! 

welcome @AlexBT from one sparkle lover to another !!!

istockphoto-1026712376-612x612.jpg

@sparklekai Yasssss, blowing sparkles in everyone's face is the ultimate useless superpower I wish I had. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@AlexBTWelcome to the best hangout: BIC!    You're in a good group of BT's, who do a great job solving problems.   Thoroughly enjoyed your introduction.  I enjoy glitter here, there and everywhere, but only in the party sense.  This is my first visit to "Glitter Enthusiasts" love the group appellation.

Thanks for the welcome, @byme4u! Glad I was able to bring you over to the glitter side... ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Yaaaas @AlexBT!! Heart So happy to have you on @TeamBIC

When it comes to glitter, it's gotta be Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil How Many Carats?! for me. The sparkle is unreal. 

Welcome @AlexBT. It's wonderful here! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am impressed that you can do your liner on the bus! When I'm feeling particularly sparkly, one of my favorites is PMG Mothership III Subversive. And I definitely enjoy my glittery nail polishes. 

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Mothership III Eyeshadow Palette - Subversive

Welcome @AlexBT !!! I am a little shy with the sparkle but there are plenty of glitter queens ready and willing to enable you!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Welcome to the Community @AlexBT!!!

GLITTER!!!! I am a huge glitter fan myself, and I wish to dive in a giant vat of glitter, so I can sparkle from head to toe. 

@sephoraaddict918 Thank you! I feel like that glitter bath should be arranged somehow - SEPHORiA 2020 goals? ๐Ÿ˜‚ (Don't hold me to that)

Hi @AlexBT ! Welcome to Team BIC Heart You have joined the most incredible group of women, I am so excited for you! 

This is my latest high shine obsession and you absolutely need it in your life ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://www.sephora.com/product/diamond-glow-powder-P429271?icid2=products%20grid:p429271:product&sk...

@Mcakes OMG, gorge.. and the reviews are so funny! Must go in and play with those, stat! Thank you for the warm welcome! โค๏ธ

@AlexBT LOL I just read the reviews now ๐Ÿ˜„ I wouldn't have thought to do that until you mentioned it in your comment. Coco Bling really is soooo pretty!

@AlexBT Welcome!  This community is indeed an amazing one (and very accepting of glitter).

Yes, glitter shimmer and sparkle.

I will ditto a lot of Pat McGrath. 

Hourglass

https://www.sephora.com/product/scattered-light-glitter-eye-shadow-P433811?skuId=2251619&icid2=hourg...

Dior

https://www.sephora.com/product/diorskin-nude-air-luminizer-powder-P411229?icid2=products%20grid:p41...

@meganlisa Yasss I love those Hourglass shadows. I actually keep one in my gym bag because it's so easy to just tap on with my finger if I need to get ready quick after a workout and I can't afford to clean up a bunch of sparkle fallout all over my face (daytime glitter FTW). 

@AlexBT You do makeup like I often do makeup (quick, easy, sparkly and pretty).  I actually bought the Kevin A balm foundation because when I tried it out in Sephora it applied flawlessly with fingers, and can be built up to work as a concealer too.  It also doesn't leak so can be kept in a bag or drawer.  Not sparkly, but so simple.

https://www.sephora.com/product/beauty-foundation-balm-P447734?skuId=2266575

@meganlisa Good to know! Haha foundation is one place I don't want my sparkles. I'm kind of obsessed with collecting way too many foundations (I have no loyalty apparently), so I'll definitely check this one out!

Welcome to the Community @AlexBT ! It's always great to meet another glitter lover! It looks like we share some glitter favorites like the Urban Decay liners and the Stila liquid shadows. I want to add some body glitters if you haven't already tried them. On my off days, especially date nights, I like to douse myself in body glitter for that extra glow. I have been enjoying FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Body Lava Body Luminizerand FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom

Not only are these products all sparkles, they smell good too! Check them out if you haven't already ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • IMG-4079.JPG
  • istockphoto-1026712376-612x612.jpg
testing