Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

ALLURING AUGUST BEAUTY HAUL!

Wow, is it August already?  I  got some amazing mermaid beauty items which I'll post soon.  Show us your end of summer haul!

Re: ALLURING AUGUST BEAUTY HAUL!

@heartsmyface This girl loves a bargain ๐Ÿ˜‰

@gonerogue  So cute!  I especially love the middle pair! ๐Ÿ™‚

That's my third pair of Dr. Scholls! I know most of us are on our feet all day so I highly recommend memory foam shoes!

A few orders arrived today!

I was still recovering from last night's Game of Thrones episode (Noooooo!!!!!!!), when my Catch96 order arrived:

GoT Makeup Brushes!!!GoT Makeup Brushes!!!Targaryen SigilTargaryen Sigil

Spoiler
I purchased the rose gold set and the quality seems extremely similar to Storybook Cosmetics Wand Brushes.  I am thrilled by the attention to detail and there is some heft to the brushes.  I probably won't actually bring myself to use them because they are just too lovely... โค๏ธ

Here is some more detail of the handles:
GoT BrushesGoT Brushes

My Very First Colourpop Order:

Fem Rosa SHE Palette + HighlightersFem Rosa SHE Palette + HighlightersFem RosaFem Rosa

Spoiler
1.  She Palette:   I had to wait weeks for this to come back in stock and it is just soooo beautiful! โค๏ธ 
2.  Rose Quartz Liquid Highlighter
3.  Hippo Highlighter
4.  Lunch Money Highlighter 

Sephora:

Sephora OrdersSephora OrdersGWP Bag ContentsGWP Bag Contents

Spoiler
Purchased:
1.  Lancome Toner:  Hopefully this will last my daughter a few months ๐Ÿ™‚
2.  Clinique Moisture Surge
3.  UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

GWP:
1.  2x Splurge GWP Promo bags - The contents did not match what we got in store nor what was on the flyer, but we're pretty happy
2.  250 point perk Mon Guerlain perfume mini
3.  Samples

@Tamara76 - I always look forward to your gorgeous hauls, and this is no exception!  I adore those GoT brushes - the attention to detail is stunning.  I haven't tried color pop yet, but the she palette looks amazing!! I can't wait to see the looks you create with it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Awwww - Thank you!   @Milou07 ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

@Tamara76 how are you applying the highlighters? i have found that some of the duochromes don't show up great if you use a brush. i use my fingers to tap some highlight where i want it, and then very lightly buff it out a bit with a stipple brush ๐Ÿ™‚

@Tamara76 i'm sorry it didn't work for you! tbh monster is a much better version of hippo. and i use my fingers all the time when i apply makeup!

@unfungirl  I always like to try my highlighters first by dabbing them on with my fingers (shhhhh - don't tell anyone!). Milk Money was o.k., but Hippo didn't show up at all.  I guess I was expecting something similar to WnW highlighters.  I think Lunch Money may work for a natural glow, but Hippo may need to be used as an eyeshadow, as suggested by others.   I am not super disappointed, though, because the price was really good.  ๐Ÿ’—

@Tamara76  That purple Colourpop highlighter looks like it would make a pretty eyeshadow.

Thanks!   I may need to try that because it doesn't show up well as a highlighter. ๐Ÿ˜ž  @Ispend2much6

That Colourpop palette looks beautiful, well worth the wait! I have never tried Colourpop, there's so many mixed reviews about the brand and its products. Can't wait to hear what you think @Tamara76!

PS. The aesthetics of your pictures are really beautiful!

Awwww - Thank you!   @Melissa136โค๏ธ 

I used the Colourpop liquid highlighter mixed into my foundation this morning and I really like it.  I also played with the palette a little last night and it is beautiful! 

Sadly, I'm not very impressed by the highlighters - Hippo doesn't show up at all. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Tamara76 That Colourpop haul looks great! Does the mist smell like anything in particular?

Thanks!   @gonerogue

The mist is actually a pump bottle - it's highlighting fluid, like Cover Fx.  I haven't tried it yet, but I like to mix a little in my foundation. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those brushes are stunning @Tamara76! I'm still recovering from the recent episode as well. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks!  @Asche

I definitely did not see that coming, but as soon as it happened, I knew what they wanted to do with him. It was heartbreaking... ๐Ÿ˜ž  

***I hope this is mysterious enough to not give anything away to those who haven't watched yet.... ๐Ÿ™‚

Starting with some background here...since I was a little girl I have always loved Wonder Woman. When the new movie came out I was excited, but hesitant about seeing the movie because I worried that she would be overly sexualized and not presented in a positive way. To my surprise the movie was excellent and during one part of the movie I actually cried because someone I've loved for so long was done justice in about every aspect I could have wanted.

My birthday is on Wednesday and the historic theatre in my town is showing Wonder Woman...did I mention on my birthday, at my favorite theatre? Destiny, right? My partner gave me an early gift this evening and it's so cute. He wanted me to feel like a kid again dressing up as my hero...I'm getting misty typing this. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

image.jpeg

And because she's darn cute here's my cat doing an inspection of the stuff!

image.jpeg

@vegchililover78 - Happy birthday (belatedly)!  I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Love your cat!

@vegchililover78,

Happy Birthday to You!!!    What a cute Calico!   >.<

I loved the new Wonder Woman movie too!

@vegchililover78 - What an amazing story!  I am so, so happy for you!!! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  I hope you have an amazing time at the movie today (and please wear your early birthday present - it's perfect!!).  (oh, and your cat is super adorable!)

$_1

testing