Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

lipstick help!

Hi everyone! I need help finding a lipstick similar to this. The picture description states it is Allison ABH liquid lipstick however I went to the store and it was nothing like this at all. I know it's lighting andedited, but I would really like a lipstick similar to this shade. I have tarte Killin it which is darker than this. And for skin tone I am a light to medium if that matters.

Re: lipstick help!

lipstick help!

Dose of Colors has a few similar shades in different formulations. Lava Cake is a plum red brown that looks fairly close. Good luck!

@NatureGirlSD Oooh!  Dose of Colors is a good idea!

Hi, @Mira92. That's such a pretty shade, but yeah, ABH Allison looks a lot pinker in other online swatches.

Here some suggestions: Bite Beauty Demi Glace, KVD Hawkwind, KVD Crucifix, MAC Topped with Brandy, Tarte Rave, and Colourpop Toolips. 

temptaliademiglacehawkwindcrucifix.PNGtemptaliatoppedwithbrandyravetoolips.PNG

I know that KVD Hawkwind looks a bit light, but it does look darker in other online swatches. Conversely, KVD Crucifix can appear much darker than Temptalia's swatch. Tarte Rave looks different in almost every swatch I've found, so it may or may not work. It's too bad that Tarte Crop Top seems to be discontinued. That one seemed like it could have been a good match. 

As you already know, online swatches are not always accurate, so I'd highly suggest swatching in-store if you can. 

I hope this helps!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • temptaliademiglacehawkwindcrucifix.PNG
  • temptaliatoppedwithbrandyravetoolips.PNG
testing