Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Great Red Lippie Searchโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ”

I am looking for recommendations of shimmery, glittery, or metallic lipgloss or lipstick in the color RED โค๏ธ. Please let it be a true red, not an orangish red or dark red. I have a red dress and I want it to match perfectly. I want it to be very pigmented, extremely shiny and extremely glittery or extremely metallic/reflective. I want to be bold and sassy when I wear my dress. Don't worry, it can be any price. I am determined LOL. ๐Ÿ˜

Re: The Great Red Lippie Searchโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ”

(cracks knuckles) MY TIME HAS COME.

I like Revlonโ€™s classic lipstick in shade Love That Red. It stays for a little bit, not too long though. 
I use a dark red by Lawless in shade Romeo , itโ€™s a liquid lip and I love it so very much. Stays quite well too. 
the Lโ€™Oreal rouge signature is matte and gorgeous.. it stays well. 
the CoverGirl Demi matte Is amazing! I have it in shade Worth It (450).

the clinique almost lipstick SUCKS so do not get that one if you want a good lipstick, Honestly most Clinique lips have not been good for me so Iโ€™d stay away from those. 
okay, thatโ€™s all for my red lipsticks. 
hope this helps! 

Ruby woo MAC IS GREAT

@tjffc @SportyGirly125 @irshgrl500 @WinglessOne @danielledanielle @haleyvvvv @2manyperfumes @sprocketta I found the one! It's the HUDA BEAUTY Lip Strobe Metallic Gloss Saucey 

I got it in my package earlier. These are my real lips! The definition and glitter is crazy. I wrote a review of it and included more pics on it but it takes like a day or two to be added onto the website. Thanks for your help!118614954_347582593287498_5210800660899578588_n.jpg

Hurrah! ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„

Glad you found the ideal lippie, @rosegoldlovely !!

@rosegoldlovely Glad you found the perfect lippie you were looking for.

@rosegoldlovely Absolutely gorgeous color.  Great selection!!

@rosegoldlovely Holy moly that is stunning!

@rosegoldlovely This looks stunning on you! Enjoy it.

@rosegoldlovely Another vote for PMG Elson

I adore red lipstick and it's my favorite red.

RE: The Great Red Lippie Searchโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ”

Hi @rosegoldlovely โค๏ธ I hope you find some great reds. I have at least a dozen or more reds from bright to deep. Matte, satin, glossy, liquid lipsticks and regular tube ones. Off the top of my head one of the brightest is Smashbox Maneater. Itโ€™s a bold, dynamic red. MAC has a lot of reds but two classics are Russian Red and Ruby Woo. Melt Cosmetics has Death Cherry (vivid cool bright matte red) Trance is a glossy metallic cool toned red. Sephora Lipstories has several great reds but my fave is Oh Canada lol itโ€™s bright, classic red. Fenty has the universal red - suits everyone, gorgeous. NYX has amazing reds in their suede matte formula (I think the colour is Chillie) Shiseido and YSL has amazing reds too. Huda has a cool toned berry red called Showgirl and the New York red metallic red from her three metallic lippies collection. Maybelline stay all day tattoo liquid lippies I think itโ€™s called Pioneer and itโ€™s a bright red. Pat McGrsth has a cool toned deep red Elson 013 and Vendetta. I have an obsession with reds and will grab one from each brand lol. Too Faced Breakfast Club is a bright strawberry red. Lancรดme 505 adoration. Urban Decay Bad Blood is my fave. I had fun trying to remember them โค๏ธ all

I'm a fan of Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Uncensored .  It's my favorite red.  I know there's some wear issues, for me it can smear below my bottom lip.  I usually apply some powder and a liner to set.

On the same vein Ma'Damn in Fenty is also a nice red and doesn't smear as much.

I also like NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Cruella .  It can be purchased as a mini NARS Mini Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Duo Cruella/ Dolce Vita .  That set is a great value, two sharpen-able pencils for the price.

From left to right: SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 01 Always Red , NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment Starwoman , Ciate London Jessica Rabbit, Fenty Mattemoiselle Ma'Damn, Fenty Stunna Uncensored, PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick Elson 013 , PAT McGRATH LABS LuxeTranceโ„ข Lipstick McGrath Muse , top line is NudeStix Stiletto and the liner, bottom, is MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil: Eye, Lip & Brow Pencil 712 Either Cherry 

IMG_20200827_185635.jpg

@danielledanielle I love all the reds!

@rosegoldlovely took a solo photo of Jessica rabbit one to show the sparkleโ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

IMG_20200827_190851.jpg

@rosegoldlovely stila Stay All Dayยฎ Liquid Lipstick Beso and stila Stay All Dayยฎ Liquid Lipstick Beso Shimmer or Smashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Maneater might be good options to look into as well

@haleyvvvv , I love the smashbox one!  I think I have a mini of it somewhere, that's a great red as well

@rosegoldlovely  Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't sell this shade. But Lancome direct and Macy's do, and you might be able to find it in a local Ulta store (if you have one): Lancome L'Absolu Lacquer in shade Be Brilliant. This is my all-time favorite line of glosses. They're buildable from sheer (1 coat) to fully opaque (2-3 coats), with bold pigmentation and ridiculous glassy shine. Plus, they wear well for hours. Surprisingly, I don't own Be Brilliant. ๐Ÿคฃ I own so many other Lacquers, I can't believe I've never bought this one! (Note to self.) 

Lemme swatch a few of my reds for you. I think some of these are too warm or cool for your purpose, but I'll include 'em anyway. Of these, Elson is probably your best betโ€”and that's a great lipstick formula. 

Various red lipsticks.Various red lipsticks.

Swatched lipsticks: 

Hope you find what you're looking for! 

what a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing these shades.

what a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing these shades.

@WinglessOne Love the red swatches.  I'm loving both Lancome colors and the PMG.  

@rosegoldlovely MAC Ruby Woo, Pat McGrath Elson , Pat McGrath Blood Rush, PATRICK TA Major Headlines Matte Suede Lipstick That's Why She's Late, #ciate glitter flip in Hollywood, Tom Ford 07 Stunner 

You can always transform the lipstick with MAC glitter for your own custom glitter finish on top of the red or top it with a glitter lipgloss. 

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 50 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos4
  • Various red lipsticks.
  • IMG_20200827_185635.jpg
  • IMG_20200827_190851.jpg
  • 118614954_347582593287498_5210800660899578588_n.jpg
testing