cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Looking for a replacement.

I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable makeup person. I have had only one lipstick I truly loved. That one shade was MY shade. I found it and with that shade decided there was a point to makeup after all, years after most other people figure that out. It looked bomb on me. It was by Rimmel London, shade Bordeaux. It was basically just a dark red, but I've never owned a lipstick that has looked that good on me. I've owned lipsticks that have felt better and preformed better but not in a shade that compared in any way. Currently I am enjoying Bite's formula for lip crayons (It feels great compared to the cheap brands I use). I don't own repeats of the same colour as I can not afford to. that means I only own one red at a time (it frees me up to buy ``fun`` colours and I`ve never owned a light red that looked nice on me). I want a red that makes me feel that pretty again. It was beautifully dark (at lest on me) and the only shades I can find as "dupes" are not good looking on me, their very bright. Also it was not a rust colour but I'm considering Jeffree stars Unicorn Blood Liquid Lipstick since my main goal is to find something that looks great on me and it fits into the category for dark red. I'm honestly terrible at picking out colours for myself (I know it`s just me messing up since I randomly pick something decent out by luck once a year) so I'm turning to the internet yet again as even if no one can suggest a shade that matches perfectly if its close to the last one I loved and I love the new suggestion it could help in picking out my own colours. Please keep in mind I can not buy makeup in person currently thus making finding that perfect shade even harder and meaning I have to rely on the internet even more so (largely location). I also have never been able to figure out how skin tones work so sadly I`ll have to ignore all that advice, anything too complicated and you`ll lose me sadly. It`s me not you. I wear foundation on certain occasions underneath my lipstick if I want the colour to really show up (my lips have been chapped since I was a baby, I do this only twice a year normally, you may relax), I also do not use a lip liner, so anything that bleeds badly is useless to me. I don`t mind any suggestion really since it`ll give me things to test out for the rest of the year.Thanks in advance for sticking around to read all this.

Looking for a replacement.

The Bordeaux shade looks like a vampy red. I love vampy reds on my skin. There are three places I know have similar shades with other greats in their selections. But they can be a bit more pricey. * Beauty Bakerie: Raspberry Tiramisu (they have a #whatsmudge claim because they are known for lipstick that doesn't smudge. It really doesn't.) * Coloured Raine: Boudoir or Plum Fairy (they have matte liquid lips, lip lacquers, satin lipsticks. They dry down and maintain a soft feel) * Morphe: Bloodshot (they have matte lipstick and liquid lip mattes. They dry down and maintain a soft feel) 1st picture: Rimmel London Bordeaux 2nd picture: Beauty Bakerie Raspberry Tiramisu 3rd picture: Coloured Raine Boudoir 4th picture: Morphe Bloodshot

Anonymous Insider

Re: Looking for a replacement.

thanks for getting back to me. I know my reply is late so your unlikely to see this. I believe the only way I'm going to get my shade back is by mixing lipsticks but the ones you mentioned are certainly worth trying to mix together as the shades are always too red, purple or brown to be that exact shade I used to love. Honestly I don't know many brands so I'll probably enjoy trying those colours out as I seem to like a dark lip. I'm drawn to raspberry tiramisu and blood shot since I think I'd like them by themselves. Thank you for your reply.

@Anonymous IDK what your location is, so IDK your shipping options.  

The shade seems to be available on Target's website (current sale is spend $20 on beauty items and get a $5 gift card), Wal-mart, Amazon, eBay (at $5.98 with free shipping), Walgreens.

Anonymous Insider

They changed the shade two years ago, but thanks anyways 🙂

Ooooh!  Now I understand! Sorry for the confusion, @Anonymous!  😞

@Anonymous Is it possible to find the Rimmel Bordeaux lipstick for sale online, or in a swap like on swapidu?  Also, have you checked Temptalia for a list of dupes for that shade?  

As for only being able to purchase one lipstick at a time, I have to ask if you are shopping at online retailers that allow returns?  That would free up your budget so that you could return what you don't care for.  

Reds are notoriously hard to pick out.  You may be able to find a good list in beauty literature somewhere that lists good lipsticks for a variety of red shades (fire engine red, blue-toned reds, ox blood reds, etc.).

If push comes to shove, there is a company called Three Custom Color that can supposedly re-create any lipstick color.  All you need to do is send them a sliver of the lipstick (about the size of a dime).  I've actually considered doing this myself.  I believe the costs was $30-$40 the last time I looked into it.

best of luck!  It's devastating when a product you love isn't available anymore!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

I did mention the similar shades I tried where far too bright for me but thanks anyways. I can not afford to ship things back as an international shopper anywhere but Sephora for make-up ( and even then I can't really as they do not allow you to not pay duties on things already shipped over the boarder), part of why I placed my question here. I also do not wish to buy peoples may or may not have been worn make-up (More about my trust issues, not meant to be rude). Also since the shade has been discontinued for 2 years I really do need to find a replacement, or get interested in some other aspect of beauty. I can see it was too much to ask for but again thanks despite that, there are not a ton of drugstores (they have no or little makeup) here and no makeup places so I'll have to stick with what I know.

@Anonymous That is a difficult situation!  Unfortunate.  Best of luck!  

Image result for good luck gif

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos4
testing