Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Looking for a replacement for my fave lipstick

Can anyone recommend a product that is similar to a discontinued CoverGirl Lipstain? It was my favourite colour and consistency and I have never been able to find anything similar.

The product is "covergirl outlast lipstain No. 450 -  saucy"

What I love about it:

• The colour compliments my red hair and medium skin tone. It is classified as a plum colour but I find it a 'warm' plum.
  • The delivery, marker like felt tip, ink like colour
  • the colour has enough pigment that it gives me that pop, but is also sheer, feels like my lips can still breathe
  • gives me the 'bitten lip' look
  • shows on my lips as an almost brown/red

What I am NOT looking for:

• Other stains can be really drying on the lips
  • I don't want a colour that is opaque
  • No glossy shiny lips
  • Not looking for classic red (not natural enough), nor purple/mauve (poor colour for me), nor pink (very unnatural looking), nor nude (makes me look like a corpse tbh) 

I will try to post a picture later of how it appears on me so there is a colour reference. Here is an image of the product itself.

ed07fd7c-ccef-494e-a201-2692137d70dc_1.9aae2641fbef6e3ba096a8c7cacc4d62.jpeg

Tags:

Re: Looking for a replacement for my fave lipstick

@KrissyNorth maybe something along the lines of CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick Black Honey . It’s a semi-sheer lipstick with a berry tone, a cult classic. It’s available in most department and makeup stores if you want to swatch it. Another option could be the Roen Kiss My Liquid Lip Balm in the shade Scout, which is a plum/berry shade that is semi-sheer. I don’t have that shade but the shade I do have is very comfortable on the lips and not overly glossy. Have you looked at the Revlon Lip Cushion Tint in Wine Trip? I haven’t tried it but the shade and style seems to be very similar to the Covergirl.

You should try Charlotte Tilbury products🤍 

I have the lipstick in the shade “Pillow Talk” which is perfect to wear everyday and it’s a very natural shade. 

If you are looking for a lip gloss I recommended one to you that might work from Charlotte Tilbury. 
It’s the “Charlotte Tilbury Jewel Lip Gloss Pillow Talk.”

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • ed07fd7c-ccef-494e-a201-2692137d70dc_1.9aae2641fbef6e3ba096a8c7cacc4d62.jpeg
testing