Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lipstick Recommendation: rusty pumpkin orange?

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a great fall lipstick, something really rusty and pumpkin-y. I have MAC Chili (which usually gets recommended) but that just appears as a flattering warm-toned red, not a really rusty color. Something muted and pumpkin-y would be amazing.

I know Smashbox Out Loud gets mentioned a lot, but I was hoping for a bullet lipstick. Any recommendations?

For reference, I'm about N10 with an olive/yellow undertone.

Thank you in advance!

RE: Lipstick Recommendation: rusty pumpkin orange?

I'd say Vamp by ABH's liquid lipstick or Colourpop's "Rooch" and "Avenue"

Re: Lipstick Recommendation: rusty pumpkin orange?

@crystalcake Go to Temptalia dot com and go to the dips for Out Loud and believe it or not only NARS Linda comes up. Scroll through the dips for Linda and you may find exactly what you are looking for. 

I received my order from Too Faced dot com yesterday and Gingerbread Man in the Melted Matte was even prettier than Smashbox Out Loud. The color seemed deeper and more bright.

Hope this helps.

That was the first thing I did 🙂 I love recommendations from this community though, because while Temptalia is amazing she hasn't swatched every lipstick under the sun, so sometimes you guys have great new recommendations that aren't in her dupe list. 

Thank you for reminding me about Gingerbread @Loretta55! I've been waiting for it to be released in Canada, and I see that it's finally made its way across the border on Sephora's site and it's even in stores near me. I'm going to go pick it up today!

Have u tried lime crime velvetines, kylie, wet n wild catsuit, nyx, colourpop. They have pretty burnt orange colors. I own a burnt orange color from lime crime pumpkin brick.

She mentioned in her post she wanted a bullet/cream formula 😉

@crystalcake I'm also loving the pumpkin shades lately!

How about NARS Linda? This is close -ish to Out Loud, but is lighter and less orange, and in some ways a bit more wearable for every day (not that I wouldn't wear Smashbox Out Loud every day...)

I feel like there's another lipstick that's really obvious that I'm forgetting. Will come back and post if I can remember which one.

Edit: Oh! KVD Chula is orangey...looking at swatches online, it's more red than I remember...I think it depends on your skin tone.

Edit 2: One more! If you're open to liquid lipsticks that don't dry down too (assuming you don't want liquid lipsticks because of the drying factor) I think Bite Puree might be another option to look at? I've seen this look red on some people, orange on others though, so again, it probably depends on your skintone.

RE: Re: Lipstick Recommendation: rusty pumpkin orange?

Here is a comparison of Linda (top) vs. Out Loud (bottom)

Re: RE: Re: Lipstick Recommendation: rusty pumpkin orange?

These both are so pretty on you @k617! Is Linda available in Canada now? I also love chula in this colour family though it is a bit drying. Out loud is my fave!

Yeah, I ordered Linda from Sephora 🙂 @Anewxa

Linda looks so lovely! As does the Bite lipstick. Thank you so much for the photos and recommendations- I'm definitely going to check those out 🙂

Hope something works out for you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
testing