Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Lips

Hello! I am looking for a red lipstick that looks good and stays on. Also one that actually looks red and not a pink color. I want like a bright lip. Any suggestions of any brand would be great! 

Tags:

RE: Lips

I was hunting for the perfect red too, my favourite was Mac- RubyWoo and Urban Decay- Bad Blood. In this picture im wearing bad blood from UD. It even looks better in real than a picture (im not good at selfies) lol

The reason why there isn’t ONE red, despite what people tell you, isthat your skin tone, the color of your lips, even the undertones in your hair are all going to affect what the color looks like. And since when we want red we are going for that perfect red, it can feel like an endless quest. Nars audacious lipsticks have about six different shades of red. Staying power is medium. A matte will stay longer, although in my personal experience kat von d’s matte lipsticks ( liquid and tube ) don’t stay at all, which sucks bc the color range is stellar. Look to make up for ever for lots of colors as well. Personal tips from someone who also puts on any ‘red’ lipstick and it looks pink—always go for acool red, bluer and darker than you think, it will end up looking like a classic red on your lips. Another tip is to cover your lips with foundation first so the lipstick isn’t competing with the tone in your lips. My two reds are Charlotte from nars audacious and a Lady Balls from too faced ( melted matte ). The second is bold and will stay on for 16 hours, and never pulls pink on me. Try it out in store. Cheers.

Re: Lips

@LoveYou13199,

You might want to check out a similar thread here:https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/Seeking-Lipstick-Recommendations/m-p/4023792#M65156. 🙂

❤️ Melissa

Hey @LoveYou13199! Have you tried the Rimmel London Provocalips Liquid Lipstick in shade 550-Play With Fire? It’s super red and stays put really well. I wear this occasionally and when I go to take it off at the end of the day it takes forever to get off because it stays on so well! Hope this helps!

Lips

I love Beauty Bakerie for her red mattes. They are ultra matte. I love Coloured Raine for hers. They dry down to a soft matte. They both have great selections of blue reds that stay all day. They offer matte lip, satin lips, lip lacquers. check them out.

Re: Lips

I love KVD lipsticks! My favourite red lipstick is Hexagram 😄 She also has other red shades that are really pretty. @LoveYou13199

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing