Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Lip Color Newbie

Hi!

I've never tried any lip color before - no lipstick, stain, gloss, anything. Just good ole chapstick. Anyone have recommendations on which type/brand to try first? I currently have the Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in my cart as a possibility. It sounds semi-sheer and nonsticky. Thanks!

Re: Lip Color Newbie

All BITE products are very comfortable, so I think you'll really enjoy the tint if you purchase it.  Also, tarte lipsticks have a really comfortable formula as well as NARS and Marc Jacobs.  For drugstore brands I would suggest maybe trying the NYX soft matte cremes.  I hope you find something you like!

The Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks are really good, too. Bare Minerals liquid lipsticks and glosses, ColourPop, Tarte, Maybelline, Ciate London to name a few lol.

RE: Lip Color Newbie

Kat Von D has a hugee variety of shades and the Everlasting Lipstick lasts all day!! I also love the Studded Kiss lippies because they're so creamy and pigmented (and they smell great 😄)

@Anonymous The Sephora brand and Urban Decay Vice line have a great selection of shades.  My only complaint is that many I have tried don't last as long as I'd like.  Good luck!

RE: Lip Color Newbie

@Anonymous You might really enjoy the Tarte Quench Lip Rescue balms. They're smooth and creamy with a sheer glossy tint.

Welcome to the world of lippies @Anonymous! 💖

I'm assuming that you're more driven towards comfortable and semi-sheer formulas. 

The Lush Lip Tint sounds like a great choice, and it's even on sale! I would also highly recommend YSL's Tint in Balms if you're in the market for luxury makeup.  🙂 

For other formulas, I'm really loving NARS Powermatte Lip Pigments. It doesn't completely dry down so it isn't transfer-proof, but it's super pigmented and has a very comfortable formula.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing