From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Kat Von D's Lipstick Names Inspirations???

Sorry if this doesn't exactly fit in this group but I tried searching all over and I am hoping someone could help out or provide some sources. I love Kat Von D's lipsticks (both liquid and studded) and their names, but I was wondering if there was somewhere out there that listed each name's inspiration.

Re: Kat Von D's Lipstick Names Inspirations???

KvD's explanation for Underage Red: https://jezebel.com/kat-von-d-to-critics-of-underage-red-lipstick-its-femi-1692602453

from her Facebook message:

I clearly remember wearing a variation of this shade when I was 16 years old. I also remember the feeling of wanting so badly to go see a specific concert at this age, and not being able to get in to the venue because I was underage. Back then, I was already deeply in love with punk rock music, and although in the eyes of many (including my parents), it may have been inappropriate for me to be wearing lipstick. But i did.

"Underage Red" is not a girly, pink shade. It is not a sophisticated, deep red either. It is an unapologetic, bold red. To me, "Underage Red" is feminine rebellion.

edited to add: ok, I found a list from her facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/kat-von-d/the-name-game/10150190769721162

HELLBENT- overtime I think of "hellbent" I think of Judas Priest, Hellbent for Leather!

ADORA - Latin translation: Beloved One.

LOVECRAFT - one of Lemmy's favorite authors. (and mine too)

LOLITA - initially inspired by the Lolita fashion style in Japan, but later dedicated to Denise Richard's daughter, Lola.

HOMEGIRL - I did a tattoo of the word, "Homegirl" on one of my oldest friends, Naheed. This color reminds me of her beauty.

MISFIT - My first tattoo was the logo for The Misfits when I was 14 years old.

RITUAL - Me being obsessive Compulsive by nature, Ritual seemed like a good name.

A GO-GO - Inspired by The Cramps.

AGATHA - the woman who makes all my leather pants and jackets, Agatha Blois.

CATHEDRAL - after visiting Prague, this name was absolutely necessary.

CORAL CASTLE - if you've never read about this castle, do yourself a favor and google it! you'll be AMAZED at this unsolved mystery!

I'm pleasantly surprised about the Lolita one. here are the liquid lip inspirations: https://www.allure.com/story/kat-von-d-everlasting-liquid-lipstick-inspiration

I love may von D and there isn't a full awsner to that bu...

I love may von D and there isn't a full awsner to that but her Instagram gives soon expellation and hope I could help

Re: I love may von D and there isn't a full awsner to that bu...

lol, don't tell me that's a new lipstick name! google tells me expellation is slang for a certain kind of flatulence.

edited to add: Sephora censors q*eef and f@rt but not Orgasm. heh.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing