Post in Lip Lovers
|

Favorite Lip Product

IMG_3749.jpeg

Love these products. Share your favorite lip products 

Re: Favorite Lip Product

Ooh too many choices! 

My HG lip product is KVD Beauty Everlasting Longwear Liquid Lipstick Outlaw 

Those two glosses have been my go to lately.

@Samtian  The Sephora collection gloss has so many amazing colors!

@Cissy63 Oh wow they do! I didn't realize they had so many.

@faeriegirl  Such beautiful choices!

@Antihero20  What a beautiful picture.  I can’t say what my favorite lipstick is.  I love lippies 🩷.  
I have favorite colors though,  reds and pinks.  

I really enjoy the Sephora Lipstories and have several colors.  
And I love the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump and have several shades 

And the Fenty glosses are great.  I really like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Poutsicle Hydrating Lip Stain Zesty Bestie and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Poutsicle Hydrating Lip Stain Fuchsia Wife 

Thank you @itsfi for letting me know about this new thread!

@Cissy63 Those are fantastic picks. 💕 

@CynthieLu  Yes I agree! 

@Cissy63 Ohhh I need to try that tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump !!

@missjeanie  They are wonderful!

@lmaster I saw that Farmacy had a duo out for holidays with the apple and a mango.... It's on my wish list!!

@missjeanie oh nice!! 

@Antihero20 What a beautiful photo. The beverage with the frozen rose looks so fun! As for lip products that are currently in my rotation that I love...

LANEIGE Midnight Minis Set - I bought this last year and I am currently using the lemon one. I use it at night and in the morning when I am doing my skincare. By the time I am ready to put on my lipstick, my lips are primed and ready to go.

LAWLESS Forget the Filler Lip-Plumping Line-Smoothing Tinted Lip Balm Pink Marshmallow  is also in my purse for on the go moisture and protection. It just makes my lips feel so good! 

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Super Nudes Collection Super Model is currently my go to lippie at the moment. It is not too dark or light of a nude for my pigmented lips. I am a big fan of  CT's lipsticks.

I also like the Fenty stains. I can't currently tag Fenty Poutsicle in Fuchsia Wife. However, all of her stains work just as well. I just really liked the shade. 

I hope this is helpful 😊

@itsfi - Thanks for the tag!

@Mellmars1185 Supermodel is perfect for your supermodel looks!!! 🔥🔥🔥

@missjeanie Thank you for such kind words 🙏🥰💞

@Antihero20  This is a question I can never answer briefly. 😂 Lipstick’s been my favorite makeup item since I first started wearing makeup in the 1980s. I have too many favorites (and okay, just way too many lipsticks in general) to pick specific shades. I can’t even tell you my favorite color range; I have lipstick in every color family except certain beige tones that wash me out. I even have some good yellow lipsticks. 

The last few times I answered this question, I broke my list up by category: 

Bullet: 

Crayon/pencil: 

Liquid: 

Pot/tube/pan: 

I’m sure I left some faves off that list but hey, this is my attempt at keeping it short. 🙂 

I need to save this list for refrence @WinglessOne  😉

I want to try color fix one day and it's so versatile! They way you describe mixing it to make your cream lip shades is very appealing and brilliant of you! I wonder if that would work with her blush balms? I love them on my cheeks and as lip shades, they are just a tad to drying for me. 💗

Thank you  @CynthieLu @missjeanie @itsfi ! 

You can also apply any Colorfix shade (or mix of shades) to your lips without a mixing medium. If you use matte Colorfix shade(s), that method will get you a matte lipstick. I prefer more of a cream satin finish, and my lips are total divas when it comes to dryness, so I usually either use Aquaphor (or CeraVe’s ointment) as a mixing medium or tap a Colorfix shade over a lipstick base. And you can top Colorfix on your lips with any clear or sheer lip gloss of your choice. 

I think mixing a petrolatum ointment with a Flushed Blurring Balm might alter the formula too much. Might depend on how much petrolatum you add, but I wonder if the Blurring Balm would be more prone to separation during/after application. It’d be interesting to test. I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever seen/heard Danessa mix any of the Blurring Balms (flushed or original) with anything else before application… I wonder if the flushed balm can handle being mixed with a Danessa Myricks Beauty Illuminating Veil Liquid Highlighter or Danessa Myricks Beauty Vision Flush Glow - Hyper Radiant Liquid Highlighter and then applied to cheeks. Normally I’d just mix either of those highlighters with a Colorfix. I might have to try a flushed balm + Illuminating Veil mix this week, for the heck of it. 

If anyone else decides to push Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed - Matte Color for Cheek & Lip or Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder 6 to its mix-in limits, I’ll be interested to hear your results! 🙂 

@WinglessOne I have a tube of the Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Wild Orchid and since Thanksgiving has now officially come (for those of us up north) I'm moving into more of my darker shades.  I think this will be my first mixing test this week!  What a fun idea!!!

29 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 135 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_3749.jpeg
testing