Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Anyone else have an allergic reaction on their lips to Bite Beauty products? I know they have all natural ingredients, which is why I'm perplexed. I've tried two different products from them and end up with eczema-like cuts on my lips.

Re: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

I had a bad allergic reaction to the bite beauty Matt lipstick. My lips got swollen with a lot of little bumps and it hurt so bad. I put ice for the inflammation and Vaseline bc they got really dry. I will never use this lip stick again. 

I had the same allergic reaction after I wore it twice and my lips have this burning sensation along with little bumps! I'm constantly applying Vaseline Lip Therapy but it has yet to gone away. 😞

I’ve had an allergic reaction. I would never use them again. I’m not sure why Sephora is still selling them with all posts about allergic reactions.

Same here!! I will never use Bite products again. Every time I used the lipstick I would get a bad reaction on my lips. I did a Google search on Bite allergies and I knew I would find others with the same problem. 

Same reaction 

I have been having a terrible reaction to BITE lip gloss... itchy draining little bumps.. DO NOT USE

YES!! Its soooo annoying!  I know for a fact that it is this product causing the trouble. The summer before last I was having so many issues with my lips being so painful and dry and couldn't figure out why. I was using this Bite Beauty Chai lipstick at that time and a few other products. At the time it was inconclusive what was causing the problem because I was using several products. I settled on thinking it might have been menthol in another balm or shea oil possibly.  Then a long time went by and COVID stay-home, but I decided to put on lipstick for an important work zoom meeting for 2 days in a row. after the first night my lips felt like they were burned from too much sun and perhaps that I was super dehydrated. Then the next day it felt worse and so painful. Yes, the description lots of little eczema-like cuts is a good description. So sad because I love the color. 

YESSSS, I purchased the three pack and the Night Mask, without fail, makes me get dry patches or burns on my upper lip. The scrub..i bought full size.., the chapstick, and the regular lip mask haven't done that to me. BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Vegan Lip Therapy 

Yes omg I couldn’t figure out what the problem was but it literally gave me tiny little bumps along the edge of my lips and it would last a week at a time. The bumps leak a little bit and my lips would get super dry.

1598254A-E5F8-4AD0-9030-935B10D2370D.jpeg

I got this same breakout after using the Tatcha sheet mask and the NARS lip balm. The breakout comes every week, it heals and then it starts again. We’re you able to figure things out? If so, what did you do?

Honestly I just stopped using all my Bite products and I got the reaction again a week later but eventually it just stopped and it hasn’t happened again 

RE: Bite Beauty - Allergic Reactions?

Yes! (Used before, no issues) now I Started using the overnight mask at night and the intensive agave mask in the morning. Lips started tingling and itching all the time. I even got a bump near my lips. Then it started to burn sometimes and now I have bad discoloration like a chemical burn. I LOVE bite beauty products but I’m thinking I need that lanolin lol

Yes.  I've been having issues for a couple weeks and I can currently link it to 4 different products and brands.  I think its the Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

My problem lip products all contain Castor Oil. 

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask (new one does not contain lanolin)

Nars Audacious Lipstick

Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek

I'm waiting for my lips to heal and stop tingling so I can test my Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil which does not contain Castor Oil.  Allergies and contact dermatitis can develop at any time.  I'm in my 50's and have been using 2 of these lipsticks for years with no issues.  And natural and organic ingredients CAN cause allergies.  Everyone having lip issues should read the ingredient list for their problem products and check the ingredient list for lip products that don't bother you. It will be a process of trial and error to pinpoint your problem ingredient.

Do you think it’s possible it’s lanolin, not castor seed oil? It seems I can use products with castor seed oil but not lanolin now. However, the ingredients go hand in hand often it seems. Curious what you think.

I am having the same problem with the Bite agave lip mask.  I brought it with me on a ski trip over Christmas and though that my lips were severely dry because of the snow and cold.  My lips became so dry that they stung and hurt if I didn't immediately slather on some more balm.  The outer edges of my lips became swollen and itchy and my lips became flaky.  I stopped using this product for a while and bought some Aquaphor and Honest balm to sooth them from what I thought was just winter weather.  Both worked well and eventually resolved the problem but I didn't make the connection that it was an allergic reaction to the Bite mask.  Today, I found the Bite agave lip mask in my jacket pocket so I put it on and my lips flared up again within a few hours.  I noticed the coincidence and did a Google search for Bite and lip irritation and found this info.  I'm beyond disappointed and angry.  I purchased a lot of Bite products from Sephora and Bite directly to give as gifts and for myself and I think I have to throw them all away now.  Terrible that they didn't disclose that it causes allergic reactions.  I've never had an allergic reaction to a lip product and this is supposed to be a "clean" product.  I will NEVER by BITE again!  Terrible!!!

One update, I have been using the Lano101 ointment now fo...

One update, I have been using the Lano101 ointment now for two month and it's outstanding. Zero allergic reaction and it's pure lanolin so, for me, it was not the lanolin in the Bite lip products that caused my severe allergic reaction. Get the Lano instead, it's amazing and keeps my lips soft and comfortable. I bought the two pack set of Lano101. Love it!!!

Allergic reaction!

I’ve never had an issue with any beauty products until this. I’ve always been someone who’s never had chapped lips, always hydrated and moisturized. Yesterday I applied this product in the morning, and then early in the evening my lips began to burn, tingle, and dry out rapidly. Roughly 30 minutes after that, my lips began to SWELL. They almost felt numb. They were sensitive to touch and hurt really bad. I’m reviewing product at least 24 hours since I first applied it. My lips are still puffy, dry, and tingly. This has happened to me before but I didn’t know what it was. I’m glad I found these reviews. Do not buy this product if you have a sensitivities certain ingredients. In the past it took me at least 2 weeks for my lips to go back to normal

When they started to well upWhen they started to well up

Next morningNext morning

#####

Anonymous Insider

Had the same allergic reactions as what the others have stated. I just figured out two wks ago when I discontinue using the Kimchi lipstick and started with my YSL and eventually seen this page. Been dealing with constant peeling, fissures, discoloration, severe dryness and itching around the lip line since March of last yr. Even worst when I was in Paris summer last yr.  My primary provider thought it's just about TX weather and precribed Mupirocin ointment that it didn't help at all. I ended up setting an appointment to a dermatologist in 3 wks (thinking it might be a  lip cancer but of course I don't smoke so how can that happen). I just cancelled my appointment because my lips are totally fine now after two wks I didn't use this brand. I totally didnt thought it's about the lipstick because I never had allergic reactions to lipstick. That being said, I will never be buying this brand again! 

I've also had really horrible allergic reactions to Bite products, similar to what others have posted photographs of here. A lot of people are thinking that lanolin is causing these reactions, and it could be - that's certainly what I thought for a while. But then I noticed that other products that I use and enjoy without any reaction also have lanolin in them, so it might not be that for me.

One of the main ingredient differences between Bite products and my other clean lip products is that Bite includes resveratrol, and at this point I'm hypothesizing that this is the root of my problems with them. If they re-formulate their products without it then I'll try them again in the future. 

This product contains medical grade lanolin and will mess ur life up dont use it it took me a yr to recover 

testing