Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Best Lip Stick

I was wondering do you guys have a favorite lips tick or lip gloss? maybe even a lip balm? well I am looking for good ones! if you have one for me to try let me know

BerrySugar

Re: Best Lip Stick

Hi @BerrySugar   I am a fan of Clinique’s lip pop lipstick.  I have nearly all of them when they 1st came out.  And the formula is still creamy and pigmented today.  I also like Clinique chubby stick Intense moisturizing lip color balm.  The colors are lovely!  Have fun experimenting!

I have to say the YSL Volupté Tint-In-Balms are worth every bit of the money. Feels so silky smooth on the lips with a tint of color. I’d even like to wear it under lipsticks. Really hydrating for the lips. My favorite by far!

Any of the rare beauty matte soufflé lip creams 😍 so creamy and lightweight if feels like you aren’t wearing anything on your lips and lasts for hours (if you’re not eating anything) 

So many excellent choices are listed in the replies,

@BerrySugar.  For Balm, Burts Bees is 'a classic'- just adore their 'Salted Caramel' flavor. 2nd one: BADGER cocoa lip balm. 3rd place: Fresh flavored l.b.

Lipstick: Giv., PMG, Merit, BITE. Years ago, I did enjoy MAC l.s. -the shade-range is Fab, but now I don't dig the texture. Hope you're having fun trying the many suggestions!

I’ve tried a lot of lipsticks, balms, masks. I usually get matte lipsticks. I like MAC, there’s many colors and I feel like the matte is smooth. I tried Bite and it’s worth it!! I tried the matte lipstick and lip crayon and it felt quite fancy. It looks very matte and there’s a lot of nice colors as well.

For me, I want to find more nudes for women of color. I like NYX lip butters in the brown shades, they also hydrate the lips really well. I also use Mented, which are semi-matte (not usually my thing), and I found they look really good!

For the "balm" or treatment category I highly recommend Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original 

I have tried the Bite beauty lip masks, the laneige lip masks amongst a lot of other products and I must say although I love the bite and laneige products they truly do not work as well as the too faced hangover balm. Only downside is I'm not a huge fan of the applicator on it. I highly recommend trying out the mini in the original scent 🙂

By the way……at night I use Laneige lip mask and it’s the best treatment for your bare lips or to prep them for a lip color for a long lasting no matter what kind, brand or style it might be.

Our whole body needs a weekly exfoliation and hydration because of the fine last layer of the skin that we do not need to look and age radiant!

Oh yes! @andreapeterson the vanilla one from laneige is sooo good!!

Also Makeup by Mario came out with a MoistureGlow Plumping Lip Serum (trade mark) ….and it is pretty good as it does plump your lips and enjoy you baby lips coming back with it too.

That’s my personal experience as I own the Bronze Glow & Plumb Glow!

So for me, all lipsticks tend to dry out my lips and the creamy ones tend to be too creamy/greasy and slide right off. I know it’s “trendy” right now but I have to suggest Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick! It keeps my lips moisturized, kind of a mix between a balm and a lipstick, I didn’t feel it when I wore it with a lip liner, and it seriously lasts me from 11am - 10pm with minor touch ups! If I had to wear one lipstick for the rest of my life that would be it.

Hello @BerrySugar  I wanted to share with you some favorites of mine. 

favorite nude lipstick: Marc Jacobs lipstick in “Cream & Sugar”

favorite nude liquid lip: Tarte matte liquid lip in “low key” 

favorite red: MAC lipstick “Ruby Woo”

let me know yours!

Definitely recommend the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C (I love the Sweet Candy), the LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm  (I love all shades), the

Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow  (I like pink or ultra pink) fresh Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm (I love it in peach), the CLINIQUE Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm # (I love this in super strawberry), the Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss (I like this in Coconut or Oat), and the ITEM Beauty By Addison Rae Lip Quip Clean Moisturizing Lip Gloss (all of the shades are great!)

@BerrySugar hi, here's mine:

Lip balms - laneige lip sleeping mask in vanilla, it's perfect for night time. Kiehl's buttermask, also for the night. Sol de janeiro brazilian kiss for on the go, it smells amazing and is very smooth on the lips. Fresh sugar mint rush under face mask.

Lip colors - dior 012 rosewood it's my most used atm

Lip gloss - I rarely use them, but if you want a glossy finish and also a balmy feeling, try lanolips in coconutter.

Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow 12 Rosewood LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla Kiehl's Since 1851 Buttermask Intense Repair Lip Treatment fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter 0.21 oz/ 6.2g 

The Givenchy lipstick…. My new true love! I have Givenchy Le Rouge Sheer Velvet Matte Lipstick No. 16 Nude Boisé. It works with both my skin (light + neutral/cool) and my daughter’s skin (medium + peachy/olive).

I also love the texture, it’s definitely there and somewhat hydrating, but still light and smooth. It goes on easily and the packaging is BEAUTIFUL. 

I’m also trying Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 300 Nude Style. I like it a lot, but it’s a little darker, a little more mauve than the Nude Boisé. The formulation is still great - hydrating, smooth, glides on well. 

Hi! My favorite lipstick is probably the matte Mac lipstick in the color Please me. It’s not at Sephora, but I still love it! My favorite at Sephora is probably the Too Faced Lady Bold lipstick in any color. My favorite lipgloss is either the Chanel lipgloss in the color icing,  the kaja beauty lipgloss in the color Milk Tea, or the Tower28 lipgloss in the color oat. For lip balm I absolutely love the Dior lip Addict glow balm in the color 001 Pink. If you need a lip scrub then you should go for the kaja beauty balmy bento in strawberry rosé. And last but not least for lip masks my personal favorite is the Langine lip sleep mask in sweet candy. Hope this helps!

Lipsticks: Any of the Estée Lauder ones. Besides the price, I like that they have so many options and shades to choose from. They’re also lightweight. L’Oréal, Mac, Sephora Collection (liquid form), and Lancôme are also good. Estée Lauder and Mac’s matte lipsticks actually stay on all day. 

Lip Glosses: Estée Lauder, NARS, Lancôme, or Kylie Cosmetics

Lip Balm: NARS , Kosas, and Burt’s Bees. I bought the NARS one in a set and it’s become my personal favorite because it’s lightweight and comes in a lot of different shades. 

Yes I love burts bees! I have a wonderful acne wash from this company!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing