Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Adding lipstick?

I generally stick to eyebrows, mascara and some concealer. Some of my friends rock am amazing red lip but my experiences with lipstick never work! Any tips for adding a pop of color to my basic day-to-day?

Tags:

Re: Adding lipstick?

You don't have to go straight for a red right off the bat! I've been wearing lipstick for a long time and I don't feel all that comfortable in reds. You could try a sheer lipstick in a bright color like Surratt Lipslique or YSL Rouge Volupte Shine-- this way you get some color but it doesn't overwhelm your face, and your natural lip color comes through somewhat. You could also try other formulations like lip glosses or stains depending on what you're looking for in a lip product. If you don't feel as comfortable in red, you could look into berry or apricot tones. If you do want to go with red, I think doing a sheer red is a good place to start.

If your question is more geared toward "how do I start wearing lipstick in general" honestly I'd probably start with an mlbb color to get used to it. But you sound like someone who feels more comfortable in brighter colors. 

Anonymous Insider

instead of a red lipstick try filling in your lips with a red lipliner. it's easier to control and lasts longer.

The tinted balms from fresh are a good place to start! They're easy to apply and aren't fussy. 

Exfoliating and priming your lips BEFORE applying lipstick helps dramatically. I'll link below my personal favorites for you to check out.

https://www.sephora.com/product/whipped-cherry-lip-scrub-P303109?skuId=1392489&icid2=products%20grid...

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-primer-P406577?skuId=1792555&keyword=P406577

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing