Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Preteen Korean skincare choices

My daughter is 10 and starting to get little bumps on her forehead. I want to teach her a minimal and gentle for young kids, but effective skincare routine. Any favorite Korean choices that your preteens love?? Cutest of cute packaging to get her excited and interested is the biggest plus!! Sheet masks are a tough one cause her face size is soooo tiny that the mask dwarfs her and is too much work, but she loves Lush so I buy her their preteen cupcake mask, which she loves! Looking for gentle cleansers that are effective for removal of sunscreen (she wears it daily, not any makeup at all), sweat and dirt (she swims and plays tennis almost daily), the greatest sunscreen for her baby skin!! Andrecommendations on a good hydrating gentle moisturizer and toner for heras she enters her acne/puberty years. I had horrible skin when I startedpuberty and it continued for 15 years!!! I want to help her through this process. I learned and started a 10 step Korean skincare routine in the last 2 months. It has been life changing!! I only wish I knew about this at 10!!!

Re: Preteen Korean skincare choices

Hi @KrishAtl 

I think a minimal skincare routine is a good choice for your daughter - double cleanse, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen and, maybe a mask every so often.  @Rosegold47 recommended some great products - the Banila Co. Clean it Zero Purity balm and Neogen Green Tea foam cleanser that she mentioned are the ones that came to my mind when I saw your post.  Muji has a sensitive skin line that is worth looking into.  Also, the Shiseido Pureness line is a good one for teens and pre-teens. 

For masks, what about the KoCostar slice sheet masks that have been on the Mask of the Week Challenge thread? They're the ones where they are individual pieces (shaped/designed like strawberry, cucumber, etc) - those might be something that would work for you and for your daughter because it's not an entire sheet mask that might overwhelm her face.  I also saw on The Creme Shop website that they have "mommy and me" mask sets and "daddy and me" mask sets where there's a mask for the adult and another one for the child that looks smaller in size.

There are some gentle but effective sunscreen you can find in Korean beauty and Japanese beauty products.  CosRx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is nourishing and gentle on sensitive skin.  Biore Sarasara Aqua Rich Watery Essence is lightweight and waterproof.  Missha All Around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk is a physical sunscreen that's pretty light and dries down matte.

yeah, what she said

yeah, what she said

Thank you so much @itsfi & @Rosegold47.  These recommendations are perfect!  I already ordered the mommy and me sheet masks from the Creme Shop, but didn’t even think of the cut up sheet masks from the thread.  Those would be perfect for a small face!!  Love all the other recommendations too!  Will definitely look into them.

Hello again @KrishAtl ! Here are some of my favorite k-beauty products for congested skin, that clear without being harsh! 

BANILA CO Clean It Zero Purity cleansing balm, this specifically for sensitive, acne prone skin and will help in removing the sunscreen and sweat you mentioned.

- The Neogen Real Fresh From line is great for acne prone skin, personally the Green Tea is my favorite. Others include Blueberry, Cranberry, and Cereal.

- Son & Park Beauty Water will forever be my favorite toner but it is a little pricey for a toner, Thayer's Which Hazel (not K but still good) with Aloe is 7 dollars most places and is great. 

- To keep things simple for her i would skip esscence, serum and eye cream until she feels committed enough to add these in 

BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is a fantastic moisturizer for acne prone skin. 

-  KLAIRS Mid-Day Blue Sun Lotion SPF 40/PA++ Is great if your daughter is fair skinned (it has a blue tint to it) or Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen is great for all skin and wont leave a white cast. 

All of these products, except for Thayer's and Supergoop, can be found on Soko Glam

- Thayer's can be found at target or some drugstores. And also GNC for some reason lol

- Supergoop is from sephora and i will link below!

https://www.sephora.com/product/unseen-sunscreen-broad-spectrum-spf-40-P428094?icid2=:p428094:produc...

Thank you @Rosegold47.  I love all these product recommendations!  I use Son&Park Beauty Water, so she can share that with me.  We also use SuperGoop Sunscreen Mousse as a family, so she wears that daily.  The others I will definitely look into for her!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing