Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

K-beauty at Sephora: Share your tips and product recs!

Anna2BT_0-1659729313003.png

Hey there, Beauty Insider Community! I wanted to start a post for all of us to have an ongoing conversation about one of my favorite parts of the beauty scene: Korean beauty (commonly known as “K-beauty” for short 😉)! When I first got into skincare, I was immediately attracted to K-beauty because I was fascinated by the idea of glass skin (a term used often in K-beauty, generally referring to skin that looks so luminous and flawless it could even be made of glass). I also thought that watching people use sheet masks in Korean dramas always looked like so much fun! Nowadays, I’m always on the lookout for good K-beauty finds at Sephora.

I’m dropping some love for some of my personal K-beauty faves:

This thread is for all the longtime K-beauty fans and those who might be curious about K-beauty! Have questions about glass skin, 10-step routines, or products? Or maybe you have some good K-beauty Sephora recommendations or other knowledge to share? Let’s demystify K-beauty together!

Give your K-beauty tips, recommendations, or ask questions in the comments below!

Re: K-beauty at Sephora: Share your tips and product recs!

Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream VS Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream Classic 2 oz/ 60 mL 
If anyone has used both, what have your experiences been compared to one another?
I used the former when I was experiencing a CARP infection, but my overall skin condition was decent otherwise, and it actually peeled the legions overnight wherever I had applied this on my face and upper neck like snakeskin with one single use.
Pleased to say I am not battling that bacterial infection anymore, so cannot confirm if the EX classic would be able to do the same, but in the 3 times I've used it so far I haven't detected a any standout difference in the overall experience of using this yet.

I enjoyed using Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mL while I didn't know I am allergic to lavender - but I really loved how this was very calming for my skin. I would wear this as a full on thick layer if I was wearing makeup over it as it is truly a ghostly green paste so not suitable to wear alone to face the world for any POC.
I will say that while other products I was accidentally using caused acute reactions on my skin, this never tipped me off to having an ingredient I cannot tolerate, so that's very impressive, albeit probably a major factor in why I didn't pick up on the allergy sooner 😅
As a possible soothing replacement, I am eyeing up the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL - would be nice to know if anyone has experience using this!

Do you know if I can find this product at sephora? Even online shops? Thank you!

@katellynnnn, Sephora doesn’t carry that brand unfortunately, but you can find it on the websites for the following online retailers - iHerb, YesStyle or Stylevana. The last two will list the probable ship date for the product (within 24 hours, within 7 days, 7-14 days, within 21 days, etc). This will become important if you order multiple items with different ship times - both YesStyle and Stylevana ship an order once all items in the order become available.

I tried the old version of the Laneige toner moisturizer just before it got discontinued and replaced with the LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides - so am excited to see people's opinions on the old VS new one : )

Love this thread @Anna2BT💖 I could talk on and on and on about Kbeauty; going to bookmark this thread so I can come back to it quickly and easily.

My first intro to KBeauty was when I tried a customized Kbeauty routine about 6, maybe 7 years ago to help with some major skin issues I was having at the time - patchy, flaky skin all over and breakouts, breakouts and more breakouts. My skin is still a work in progress but it's come a long way, and in the process, I've learned more about my skin, what it likes and what it definitely doesn't like, as well as about skincare as self care. A few of my faves that Sephora carries include:

AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g is gentle on my skin and effective as exfoliating and sloughing away dirt, grime and dead skin. It doesn't leave my dry skin feeling stripped or tight in the fall and winter months and in the warmer seasons, especially the summer when my skin can handle more exfoliation, it's gentle enough that I can use it in my routine every day if I choose to.

AMOREPACIFIC Vintage Single Extract Essence - she's expensive but my skin does like what it looks like when I incorporate this into my routine. I don't practice the 7-skin method as regularly as I did a few years back and in recent years, it's rarely every 7 layers, but when I do layer essences, I'll use this for 1-3 layers. AP usually has gift sets available during the holidays that includes this essence or the enzyme cleansing powder (or sometimes both) and that's a great way to try out the products or for me, to have enough of them for a particular season.

belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is one I reach for a lot when my skin craves more moisture - I often pair it with The Ordinary rose hip seed oil.

Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is great for toning down or covering redness. A little goes a long way so a mini can last a good while. This entire line is  great.

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Facial Barrier Mask Ceramidin™ Facial Mask is a sheet mask I like to keep on hand at all times, but especially in the winter. A lovely, nourishing mask for repairing a compromised skin barrier. Like the Cicaderm line, the products in this line are fabulous, especially for dry skin. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is a go-to!

LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask is my favorite of the Laneige sleeping masks for its ability to make my skin look and feel hydrated and plumpy and reduce the appearance of redness overnight. 

LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL has been a great vitamin C and moisturizer combination. It's been a staple for me for the last 2 or 3 years and I've been able to pare down my skincare routine by using this. 

LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL and LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist 2.54 oz/ 75 mL are great for adding more hydration and moisture to the skin. I've been leaning towards the mist a lot more since I can keep it with me in my purse - it's great for spritzing throughout the day at my desk - I love the HVAC all year round to cool down or warm up but it can wreak havoc on my skin so the mist comes in handy.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL has the best mister around. The watermelon scent also makes for a delicious pick me up when spritzing this hydrating mist.

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL is a gentle clarifying mask for unclogging and clearing out the pores on my T-zone and along my jawline or for some gentle spot treatment. 

Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream Classic 2 oz/ 60 mL is a great moisturizer for dry skin.

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Mango - there's a reason why this has a large following - great for keeping lips moisturized morning, noon and night.

Oh, I think I got carried away with some of my tried and true Korean beauty products. There's a lot of goodies to love in the Kbeauty space.

@itsfi Wow this is such a great list of K-Beauty items (wouldn't expect any less from your amazing self though), I'm going to bookmark this. The Laneige Cica Mask has been on my list of products to try out, I'm hoping that I'll pick it up during the VIB Haul. 

Wow, @itsfi, you've tried a lot of K-beauty items from Sephora!

@CookieGirl1, most of these are items that are staples in my skincare routine. Some I’ve discovered through Sephora; others via Kbeauty sites but that are also sold at Sephora. It’s nice to have options. 😆 

@itsfi have you tried much in the way of K-beauty makeup or mostly the skincare?

@CookieGirl1, I’ve tried some of the makeup  - mainly BB creams, cushion compacts, some lippies, a few eye, nail and hair care products. Not too much in the cheek arena though. 

Wow @itsfi ! That’s an amazing list of favorites! I love AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder 1.94 oz/ 55 g and I would be happy to have it as part of my skincare routine, but it is quite expensive! 😅 Although it is worth every penny! 

@Saradestin, I love so many items in the AP line but they are not easy on my wallet. Believe or not, I’ve yet to purchase a full size of the enzyme powder peel. I’ve always picked up deluxe sample sizes from the Rewards Bazaar or in a set. 😆 This may be my first year purchasing a full size, during the fall sale perhaps.

That’s how I have tried it @itsfi , through the Rewards Bazar 😅

Great list @itsfi , love your Laneige picks too. Here are my favs so far. Love to see more at Sephora! 

@Anna2BT 

LANEIGE Lip Daydreams Set 

LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

Sulwhasoo Anti-Aging First Care Activating Serum 4.1 oz / 120 mL 

Sulwhasoo Essential Comfort Firming Cream 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.76 oz/ 200 mL 

That’s a great list @Sunnysmom ! 😍😍😍

So many good lines at Sephora right now @Saradestin , so glad to see it! Isn’t Sulwhasoo  just so terrific! I have no idea what I did before the Laneige sleeping lip masks either! 

How awesome is the feeling of finding a HG @Sunnysmom !

Yes @Saradestin , and then I live in fear of them going away! 😂

@Anna2BT  I will definitely be checking back on this thread, as I l greatly enjoy K-beauty products (though I wish my knowledge base was greater). I have grown to love sheet masks (thanks to the masking thread). In terms of brands, I have enjoyed essentially all of the products I have tried from Belif! I think the brand is affordable yet effective. 

belif Moisture Miracle Set 

Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 248 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • Anna2BT_0-1659729313003.png
testing