Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

RE: All things K-Beauty!!

Face mask are my favourite!! You picked so many great ones!

RE: All things K-Beauty!!

@Anonymous so many fun masks!!! I love the tony moly ones 🙂 I just picked up the too school for school one i can’t wait to try it!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

kk.JPG

Glow Studio at Target

Spoiler
Target seems to have a hit a bull’s eye with its commitment to South Korean beauty.

In January, Target added to its existing K-beauty selection with 13 items handpicked by Peach & Lily’s Alicia Yoon.

Now the company, which has earmarked beauty for big growth, will roll out an exclusive collection called Glow Studio on Sept. 10 to 1,500 doors. Glow Studio was created by Sarah Lee and Christine Chang, the founders of Glow Recipe.

“Glow Studio has been part of Glow Recipe’s strategy since inception. Glow Studio’s mission has always been clear: bring high-quality, natural K-beauty products to consumers in a fun, accessible and offline experience,” said Lee of the expansion into Target.

The Glow Studio for Target collection will feature exclusive four-step routine kits — a first in the marketplace — that simplify the typical 10-step K-beauty regimen into a more user-friendly experience.

“K-Beauty is one of the fastest-growing categories in premium skin care at Target, and this fall, we’re continuing to add newness to our assortment with the launch of Glow Studio for Target, a collection developed alongside the seasoned K-Beauty experts from the e-commerce site Glow Recipe,” stated Mark Tritton, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer at Target. He added the exclusive collection from Glow offers K-beauty at affordable prices. “It’s also another great example of how we’re partnering with digital brands who are experts in their field to curate a selection of compelling products conveniently for our guests at Target.”

The collection will also introduce Whamisa by Glow Recipe, a Target-exclusive line of green and chai tea recipe skin-care products, as well as products from Make P:rem and LJH. Prices range from $5 to $38. Added Chang, “As our mission is to bring K-Beauty to consumers in an accessible manner and Target is committed to bringing their guests the latest beauty trends and experiences, it was only natural for us to partner. We believe that discovering and buying K-Beauty should be easy and enjoyable and via this special partnership, it can be.”

A Target exclusive by Glow Recipe.

The Glow Recipe duo is fresh off success in their own pop-up stores as well as an installation in Saks Fifth Avenue’s The Wellery.

For Target, this is the latest partnership with digital-first brands such as Harry’s, to bring its shoppers access to these up and coming brands during Target shopping trips.

“We like to call these kits “the building blocks” of the K-beauty ritual,” Lee said.

Target continues to burnish its image in beauty with stepped up presentations in stores, more exclusives, beefed up service via its Beauty Concierge program and shop within shop areas highlighting hot items such as masks.

@ZombieMetroAnt I got the last color, swatch time!

Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint in Shark RedEtude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint in Shark Red

Dayum girl!!!  That looks SO pretty - I hope it looks half as good on me. I'm excited & can't wait for it to get here!!  Thanks @malday ❤️❤️

Has anyone else tried Peripera's Ink Velvet tints? If so, I'd like more shade recs because I love (x100) the formula of the original ones. 😄 They feel true to namelike velveton the lips, kind of like NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils but in cream form.

Spoiler
Left to right: Ink Airy Velvet #05, Ink Velvet #06, #02Left to right: Ink Airy Velvet #05, Ink Velvet #06, #02
Left to right: Ink Airy Velvet #05, Ink Velvet #02, #06Left to right: Ink Airy Velvet #05, Ink Velvet #02, #06

Ink Airy Velvet is the newest addition and the formula is even more moussey and "airy," and not my favorite because it's so patchy (even when applied as gradient lip). The two lines have different scents too, with the original version having a candy-like scent and the airy formula having a floral soap scent (eck).

I've been wanting to try these!

K-Beauty Post

As promised, a few other goodies I picked up! I forgot I walked into my local Tony Moly on Thursday and walked out with too much stuff haha.

Things:

• Innisfree My Color Corrector (colors 01 and 02)
  • MOART Velvet Lipsticks (colors R04, T04)
  • Tony Moly Natural Green Hand Cream in Rose
  • Tony Moly Cheektone Contour Duo (not pictured)
  • Tony Moly Megatox Sheet Mask Bright Shot (not pictured)
  • Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Essence Balm & Lip Scrub Duo (not pictured)
  • Tony Moly Magic Food Dalcom Banana Lip Balm (not pictured but super cute and BOGO!)

I really like the Innisfree color correctors, they are creamy but don't have too much slip so they don't disappear if you put something over them. The Tony Moly Rose hand cream has a nice texture and a kind of subtle rose scent. The MOART lipsticks are not completely full coverage, but I like that. I mostly bought "Ready to Die" because it has such an odd name, but it's a lovely warm red when on. I might look for more shades because I really like the way the packaging looks!

MOART T04, Ready to DieMOART T04, Ready to DieMOART Velvet Lipsticks in Vintage Rose and Ready to Die, Innisfree Color Correctors, Tony Moly Rose Hand CreamMOART Velvet Lipsticks in Vintage Rose and Ready to Die, Innisfree Color Correctors, Tony Moly Rose Hand CreamTop to Bottom: Innisfree Color Corrector 01, 02, MOART Vintage Rose, Ready to DieTop to Bottom: Innisfree Color Corrector 01, 02, MOART Vintage Rose, Ready to Die

RE: Re: All things K-Beauty!!

In my opinion, your swatches look better and realistic than advertised swatches! Gorgeous~

Re: RE: Re: All things K-Beauty!!

Thank you @Alexiana !

As promised, a few other goodies I picked up! I forgot I walked into my local Tony Moly on Thursday and walked out with too much stuff haha.

Things:

• Tony Moly Magic Food Dalcom Banana Lip Balm (not pictured but super cute and BOGO!)

I really like the Innisfree color correctors, they are creamy but don't have too much slip so they don't disappear if you put something over them. The Tony Moly Rose hand cream has a nice texture and a kind of subtle rose scent. The MOART lipsticks are not completely full coverage, but I like that. I mostly bought "Ready to Die" because it has such an odd name, but it's a lovely warm red when on. I might look for more shades because I really like the way the packaging looks!

MOART T04, Ready to DieMOART T04, Ready to DieMOART Velvet Lipsticks in Vintage Rose and Ready to Die, Innisfree Color Correctors, Tony Moly Rose Hand CreamMOART Velvet Lipsticks in Vintage Rose and Ready to Die, Innisfree Color Correctors, Tony Moly Rose Hand CreamTop to Bottom: Innisfree Color Corrector 01, 02, MOART Vintage Rose, Ready to DieTop to Bottom: Innisfree Color Corrector 01, 02, MOART Vintage Rose, Ready to Die

Things:

Things:

Squee!  Found 'em on Amazon @malday - thanks for the tip!  Look at this shade?! 

Spoiler
 <losing my mind here>

etu.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt That's the one shade I'm waiting for! Should be here...eventually haha

Got some new cute Etude House goodies recently from Yesstyle. I have a third tint on the way (Shark Red is upcoming!) and 3 of the new liners (Rose Brown, Choco Brown, Burgundy Wine)  that I will post when I receive them! I also grabbed a lash serum and "spot whitening cream" (for my elbows). I also placed a Jolse order and got 2 Moart lipsticks and a couple Innisfree color correctors (peach and green).

Dear Darling Water Gel Tints in Red Bean Red and Jewel PinkDear Darling Water Gel Tints in Red Bean Red and Jewel Pink

Red Bean RedRed Bean Red

Moart Velvet Lipstick in Vintage Rose on lipsMoart Velvet Lipstick in Vintage Rose on lips

I stumbled across this thread looking for what ppl are doing with k beauty.   LOVE your makeup looks, @malday.  Really simple, classic, and your skin looks terrific.  Any fav products for clear / flawless skin?  You look gorgeous!

@malday i can't quite explain it, but lipsticks always just look so *of* your lips, rather than simply *on* them. it's incredible and clearly you're magic.

@jemly I'm blushingggg 🖤🖤🖤

Etude House has the best packaging! These are so cute!

@k617 I couldn't resist the popsicle shapes haha

220 Replies
testing